Chat Room

What's Up

Fafnir

2024 Mar 28 06:20:23
 :easter5:

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

vash99

2024 Mar 18 09:45:35
the food is overseasoned and they wake u up every two hours to check vitals, blood test , give the occasional tylonol  i got more sleep in one night home last night than four days in the hospital lolon another note i found the fifth incision its a lot longer than the rest and it stings

thelufias

2024 Mar 18 10:49:35
I know what you mean Vash...They wake you up to give you a sleeping pill LOL

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98784
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 764
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Space Weather  (Read 152745 times)

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: Space Weather
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2014, 08:34:55 PM »
Are you familiar with the Astronomy Picture of the Day site - APOD for short, TL?

The first image at the top indicates there is yet another comet coming out of the main asteroid belt around October 19th.

I saw that and yes, they have some great pics also.  There are other links that take you to live views of space also...that are awesome....

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2014, 08:35:58 PM »

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2014, 08:42:43 PM »
I saw that and yes, they have some great pics also.  There are other links that take you to live views of space also...that are awesome....

Yup. I love that site. I've used a few images from Hubble and other 'publicly owned' (government) as backgrounds. Those are public domain. Not so with the ones by private telescopes and astronomers. Those images are copyrighted to them. Always interesting information and links with the images, definitely!

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »
That was absolutely awesome.   And to think we are the "Greatest" thing since Peanut Butter is nuts.  Look at what is out there and tell me someone is not looking at us and scratching their heads at how much we have accomplished and how little we've learned.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2014, 08:58:42 PM »
That was absolutely awesome.   And to think we are the "Greatest" thing since Peanut Butter is nuts.  Look at what is out there and tell me someone is not looking at us and scratching their heads at how much we have accomplished and how little we've learned.

I love that bit of music - an absolute 'modern classic' if you ask me. And yes, the comet images with it are spectacular. What is 'out there' is so very awesome and transfixing - how could anyone NOT look at it and realize how insignificant we really are in the whole scheme of things? I often envy our ancient ancestors who had no light pollution and could see stories taking place every night in the heavens. I can understand their awe and even fear, because our galactic neighborhood has calmed down a lot since then. They could see much more clearly than we can.

We are pathetic in what we have accomplished and what we haven't learned. There is no such thing as a 'war to end all wars'. But somehow we fail to see it's just one after another for thousands and thousands of years. As someone who shall go un-named once said "Man is so infinitely great....Man is so infinitely small."

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »
So, Sidherose, is it alright to download pictures from APOD?

You can download all the images you want, Nitab. Just don't use any of the ones that are credited to people and have a copyright with them - or if you do, then give credit to them like using any other image...unless it says "All rights reserved". If it says that, then you cannot use them at all. The Hubble images are public domain. 

But you can also use them as reference to make your own in PSP or PShop with brushes. :)

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2014, 10:36:35 PM »
Thank you very much, Ms Sidherose. I'm gonna get a few backgrounds.

:smiley: you're welcome hon.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2014, 04:37:10 AM »
Some of those images are really, really huge Nitab - like 5000 plus pixels - so be sure to look at the size they are before you use them. You might need to reduce the size.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2014, 08:47:05 AM »
A new comet  :woohoo:
I see for asteroid of this week-end too. But french article is strong: 2014 RC will pass at a distance of one tenth of the distance between Earth and Sun. For them, the distance between Earth and Sun is 400 000km  :tearlaugh: immediate tanning!
Journalists are strange, and forget that is Moon at this distance rounded
Check FRM for great products

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2014, 08:54:41 AM »
:tearlaugh:  Indeed.....Journalist are very strange....  All have the same information in the beginning but once you get done reading the stories from them you wonder who told who what.....