Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

thelufias

2024 Apr 20 02:40:22
Chilly here also Mary...Not sure about the "mebbe rain" part here.  Doesn't matter...I ain't going anywhere.

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 20 12:30:45
heloooooooo there on this chilly April day--it claims to mebbe rain, YUCK!  :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 20 08:06:41
Hang in there Vash

vash99

2024 Apr 18 10:21:20
im ok its lingering from the surgery from the surgery

thelufias

2024 Apr 17 10:53:32
Gooooooood Morning EVERYONE....It's Wet Wednesday...

Radkres

2024 Apr 16 02:03:49
O.o Might Talk to the On Call Nurse And Ask about it. :MARILY:

thelufias

2024 Apr 16 10:02:29
Don't let it get out of hand...

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Homecoming © Mickale

TOTW

Let Me Make Something For You © (Sir Knight) rrkknight 3

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99438
  • Total Topics: 12304
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: The Pet Shop  (Read 61556 times)

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: The Pet Shop
« Reply #550 on: April 01, 2022, 03:33:59 PM »
Bootsy missed them so much that she didn't notice the collars LOLOL.  They are doing great... I only put the collar on when I see them going to lick themselves....

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #551 on: April 01, 2022, 03:46:09 PM »
Which must be something regular, knowing cats.
Check FRM for great products

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #552 on: April 01, 2022, 05:11:26 PM »
LOL....Yes indeed....but it's where they lick that I keep an eye on....so all is good...

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #553 on: April 02, 2022, 07:21:54 AM »
Yaaay!  Cool beans, TL!

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #554 on: April 08, 2022, 02:18:28 AM »
Well, seems the boys and I have a little guest at the moment.   Alan told me one of 'the kittens' got in and disappeared behind the sofa.  That was Wednesday, and he/she/it is still in here.  I cleaned up a deposit that clearly wasn't out of either Tattoo or Mogwai.  Also, they are clearly accepting of it, which I caught one glimpse of it, and see it is a teenager size young cat.  Pretty, a marbled tabby like Tattoo in fact.  But, is clearly hiding from me.  Sigh.  Oh well, if it won't accept me as well as it does my two cats, then I have to get Alan to fetch it out of this house.   I don't mind having another little buddy here.  But not if it doesn't want to be one!

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #555 on: April 08, 2022, 11:31:29 AM »
Yup....they have to like you to live with you LOL.....Kinda like having a relative that doesn't like you wanting to stay with you....that just doesn't work... :nopanic;

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #556 on: April 08, 2022, 01:41:41 PM »
Leave the little one time. It happens cats aren't immediately ready for humans when they don't know them yet.
When Giroflée arrived at home (a weekend), her first idea was again and again to hide behind the tv furniture. Then, when my grandparents and one of my aunt who brought her from the shelter left, she made her way in the next opened room at that moment: my bedroom. And she was hiding under the chest of drawers. I simply stayed a while near to talk to her, before to go and do what I had to do. She left her hidden place some after. And she adopted her Mom in the same time - my Mom. It was fine, she was the planned Mom for her :tearlaugh:

Puce didn't hide (except to flee her sister when meeting), but she was very shy with us, and still has tendencies to hide if we are 'on her way'. She doesn't like to cross us in the corridor of example. She doesn't like the broom either, despite we tried to show her it's fine.

But you are a stranger for the little one, McG, so that's new for him; it's a new house too. It's a good step if already he accepts and is accepted by your cats. Just give him time.
And, if you can't catch him, try to push him gently in a room where he can be quiet. A room where you can go some times to interract with him, even if it's just by talking. With a little cover for his comfort, or something like that.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #557 on: April 09, 2022, 10:36:28 AM »
I know its hearing is good.   I meandered into the living room this morning in my wheelchair.   Even I hear that thing creaking along.   Kitten was in kitchen eating a bit of the boys food.   No problem, I just bought a big bag of it!   Eat well kiddo!   But it just froze, looking at me.  When I blinked it vanished.   Ah well.   Plenty of time.   I noted that it has had lots of opportunities to leave the house too.  Like the back door blowing open that the "grandkids" don't close well.  The front door standing open taking in a delivery.  Yep, opportunities!   Looking at it for a bit, me not speaking, I can see that it IS a marbled tabby, like Tattoo, but a bit lighter.  More grays in it, than the dark browns in Tattoo.   I've tried calling many names like "kitty kitty" but it doesn't even notice them.  I figure it isn't used to or socialized with humans yet.   Means it is gonna be very slow to come around to visiting me!

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #558 on: April 09, 2022, 01:51:22 PM »
One thing I'm thinking about, by reading your message: you are a weird guy, in a wheelchair. What is that thing?

The good point is you offer a tasty food for him, so that's not bad to stay and see what happens. Already you looked each other, and you did nothing to him, didn't scream because he was eating in the kitchen.

The only 'wild' kitten I knew was a grey one, when I went at my dad's farm. Nobody could approach it. I passed a full Summer month there, taking time with the animals in general, but with all cats and kitties accepting me. The grey one finally accepted I touch and take it in my arms, and with other children we discovered it was a she. It was in 1992.
With time, and different holidays, I saw her again, and during some we could touch her. I don't know what happened but the latest I saw her, she heard me, watched me, but didn't try to come.
Except talk to her and the other cats, I have no idea why she accepted I was the first to touch her.

Have you tried to call him "baby"? :tearlaugh:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #559 on: April 12, 2022, 10:58:42 PM »
Yep, tried all kinds of nice names, Aelin!   It still vanished.