Chat Room

What's Up

thelufias

2024 Apr 17 10:53:32
Gooooooood Morning EVERYONE....It's Wet Wednesday...

Radkres

2024 Apr 16 02:03:49
O.o Might Talk to the On Call Nurse And Ask about it. :MARILY:

thelufias

2024 Apr 16 10:02:29
Don't let it get out of hand...

vash99

2024 Apr 15 11:30:46
my lower left side is bugging me today

Fafnir

2024 Apr 14 04:49:26
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 11 09:36:15
yeppers :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 11 09:32:52
Always great having a "Good Team" caring for you.

vash99

2024 Apr 10 10:02:05
yeah i am their a good team

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 10 07:24:44
Not sure if it is just us but we used to love a good steak and now when we get one and cook them up...they taste bland no matter what we do to them. WAAA!

thelufias

2024 Apr 09 08:07:08
Good to see them taking good care of you...and you taking care of you.

vash99

2024 Apr 08 09:43:28
got the chemo list today , 2 drugs one pill one iv twice a month

thelufias

2024 Apr 06 06:40:04
Glad you're back...Yup...Moving operating systems is not a good thing...

AngellsGraphics

2024 Apr 05 11:39:42
Glad to be back after my nasty pc crash trying to move my windows to an ssd, got rid of my windows and never transferred.  :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 05 12:16:47
Don't zoom to fast...we still have Dragons flying around

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 05 11:38:44
Just zooming by saying hello!

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Fae in Pink © AngellsGraphics

TOTW

Witch of the Westmoreland © Paul

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99173
  • Total Topics: 12298
  • Online Today: 854
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Black Beans Stuffin'  (Read 1047 times)

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Black Beans Stuffin'
« on: February 02, 2014, 08:26:13 PM »
Feeds 4 or more depending on appetites.

This is fairly cheap to make and you get a lot out of it. It's also very versatile. It can be used for stuffing tacos, burritos or in salads - or you could probably make a casserole out of it if you were so inclined. Black Beans are high in protein and make a good substitute for meat in your diet. The base mix doesn't take long to fix either - maybe ten minutes tops.

If you want to add more spices to the mix, I trust you know what you like in this sort of thing. This is just a base recipe. Of course, if you use hot jalapenos and/or salsa/picante sauce then it's going to be spicy anyway.

Ingredients and utensils:

1-15 oz. can Black Beans
1 - 4 or 7 oz. can chopped jalapenos (mild, medium or hot)
1 - 4.5 oz. can chopped olives
1/2 C. your favorite salsa or picante sauce
1/2 dozen extra large AA eggs
1/2 inch 'pat' of butter
1 - large skillet and spatula

Preparation:

You can do this two ways. 1) You can put the eggs into the mix in the pan after you've cooked the beans, jalapenos and olives until they're hot, OR 2) you can scramble the eggs in a separate pan and at them in later. If you add them into the mix, it helps bind all of this together. If you cook your eggs separately, put the butter in the pan for the eggs. The rest doesn't need the butter by itself. The instructions below are for cooking it all together.

1. Drain most but not all the 'liquor' from the beans. Leave a little in the can so the beans are still barely in liquid.

2. Break all your eggs into a bowl and stir up like for scrambled eggs. Do NOT add milk or water.

3. Put butter in large skillet heated to medium-high heat (7.5-8 on electric stove). Let it melt most of the way.

4. Pour beans, chopped jalapenos and olives into the skillet and mix it all up with the spatula.

5. Keep stirring and turning this mix with the spatula until the bean 'liquor' is bubbling.

6. Once it's bubbling hot, push the mix around the sides of the skillet opening a space in the middle to pour the eggs into. Add the eggs and gently push them around with the spatula until they start to congeal.

7. Once the eggs are congealing, start pulling the mix back into them and mix well. As before, keep stirring and flipping it over until the eggs have the scrambled egg consistency and you can see they're binding the mix somewhat.

8. Pour the salsa or picante sauce over mix and stir in with spatula. Cook it all a little longer so everything is hot.

9. You're done.

For tacos:

Put the mixture into either small soft or regular hard-shell tacos and top off with sour cream, shredded lettuce and cheese, like you would a hamburger taco mix - and eat!

For burritos:

Wrap mixture in large soft tortillas, top with more salsa/sauce and top with shredded lettuce and cheese. Wrap in foil and heat a little in the oven if you like @ 350 degrees on a cookie sheet.

For salads:

Put a serving of the mixture onto leaves of lettuce or a bed of whatever greens you like in your salad, and top it with sliced avocado, feta cheese cubes or shredded cheese and/or whatever else you like to use for salad toppings.

For casserole:

If you want to make a casserole out of it, preheat your oven to 350. Remove the mixture from the skillet and put it into a 9x9 glass Pyrex casserole dish, and top with a layer of shredded quesadilla or taco mix cheese, drizzle maybe 4 tablespoons of salsa or picante over it and about 1/2 C of crushed corn chips to top it off. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and it's hot.     

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Black Beans Stuffin'
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 05:50:39 AM »
Oh my giddy aunt this sounds every so tasty and fun

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 07:22:28 PM »
The results are in, did the quality control check on this, and boy howdy it passes on all levels.

Exquisite

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 07:25:54 PM »
I'm not a bean fan so glad it worked for you.  Enjoy

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 07:33:11 PM »
Well we do love to annoy others, then again I work alone most of the time. :cry3:

Thank goodness I have no sense of smell :tearlaugh:

Then again if the eyes water to much I know it is time to crack a window.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 07:50:54 PM »
Thanks 'J'. I didn't have any well, let's call them after-effect issues with this, which kind of surprised me. Then again, some of that may depend on if you added stronger/hotter ingredients to it or anything else.

Glad you liked it!

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 04:46:35 AM »
Seldom have after effect from black beans or kidney beans, baked beans are another story, but then again when the only aroma you can scent is something akin to "fresh cut flowers strewn across a babbling brook, with a hint of lemon" what ever could the problem be ...

participial