Chat Room

What's Up

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

vash99

2024 Mar 18 09:45:35
the food is overseasoned and they wake u up every two hours to check vitals, blood test , give the occasional tylonol  i got more sleep in one night home last night than four days in the hospital lolon another note i found the fifth incision its a lot longer than the rest and it stings

thelufias

2024 Mar 18 10:49:35
I know what you mean Vash...They wake you up to give you a sleeping pill LOL

Radkres

2024 Mar 18 08:04:37
O.o Drugs? The Kind Nurse with Tentacles for Hair? Oh I Know The Food!  :toast:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98781
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 596
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: A variety of uses for Olive Oil  (Read 711 times)

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
A variety of uses for Olive Oil
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:28:41 PM »
A variety of uses for Olive Oil

There are all sorts of olive oils out there don't buy the expensive stuff!

Health & Beauty

* Bath - Add about 3 tbsp. olive oil to your bath. Water will glide effortlessly off your skin as you towel dry, and will look and feel amazing and supple.

* Cuticles - Moisturize and treat your cuticles to some pampering by rubbing olive oil onto them and over your finger and toenails. As an extra special treat, mix 1/4 cup warm water + 1/4 cup olive oil, and soak your fingers and toes. This will re-hydrate your cuticles and stop them from cracking and splitting.

* Cough - Is a throat tickle making you cough over and over again? Want some relief? Take a sip of olive oil and kiss your cough good bye. Dear cough, you won't be missed.

* Diaper rash - Your poor baby! Help sooth your baby's diaper rash. Gently dab your baby's bottom with a clean cloth dipped in olive oil. Repeat at every diaper changing and see your baby smile again.

* Ear ache - Help cure ear aches by gently and very carefully rubbing a cotton swab dabbed in warm olive oil into the ear cavity. This will also help break down ear wax.

* Exfoliate - Use olive oil to help exfoliate your face and hands once a week. It's great to do this in the bath, if you have one, and is luxurious and makes you feel great. Rub your face, hands, or body with straight olive oil, then course sugar or salt. Rinse off with warm water. Your skin is left feeling invigorated and supple.

* Hair frizz - I don't know about you, but in the winter I become a static magnet, and my hair goes nuts (especially after wearing my favorite wool hat.) To combat the frizz naturally, rub a few drops of olive oil onto your comb. Comb this through your hair, and voila! Sleek, soft, smooth hair.

* Lip balm - You can use it straight, or mix it up. Try this: mix olive oil + melted bee's wax in a 1:1 ratio. This really hits the spot when you can't find anything but petroleum products on the store shelf.

* Makeup - Remove your makeup with olive oil! It's natural, green, and leaves your skin feeling soft and supple. Don't use harsh, carcinogenic chemicals! Dab a few drops onto a cotton disc and wipe makeup away. It's that easy.

* Sex - Looking for a natural, safe, non-toxic lubricant? Food grade? Look no further. Olive oil is tried, tested, and healthy, and has been used for thousands of years.

* Shaving cream - Olive oil is a safe, natural lubricant that can help you get a better, closer shave. In fact, many shaving creams add olive oil as a "special" ingredient. Why not just go straight to the source and cut out the harsh chemicals, scents, and dyes?

* Skin - Turn your rough elbows, knees, and bothersome patches into baby-soft skin in days. Rub olive oil onto the offensive spots daily, making sure it soaks into the skin. You're such a baby!

* Snoring - Take a sip of olive oil before bed time. Depending on the cause of your snoring, this might help. It'll lubricate the muscles in your throat that contribute to snoring!

Around The House

* Condition leather - Old, worn leather can look like new again. Use a cloth to rub olive oil into old, beaten-up leather jackets and baseball mitts. Let the oil soak in for 30 minutes, then shine with a clean cloth. The leather will be supple and nice once again.

* Garden tools - It's great to have clean, rust-free garden tools. Rinse dirt off each time you use them, then rub olive oil onto the cutting and digging surfaces of your garden tools. Also works great on lawn mower blades. The olive oil will repel dirt and rust and keep your garden tools spruce and looking like new.

* Gum - Remove gum from your shoes (or hair) with, you guessed it, olive oil. Soak some olive oil into a cloth or tissue, wrap around hair or let sit on shoe for ten minutes. Gum will break down and slide right out of hair and off of shoe.

* Hairballs - Have you ever seen a cat trying to cough up a hairball unsuccessfully? The cat looks freaked out and unhappy, and I bet if you looked at yourself in a mirror, you'd look just the same as you watch them. Make it a more comfortable experience for them (and you) by adding a few drops of olive oil to their food each day. It also gives your cat a shiny fur coat.

* Lamp - You can use olive oil to make an emergency lamp, or burn it in your favorite oil lamp. You'll need to have some oil lamp wicks and a shallow bowl or plate. Pour some olive oil into the container, place an oil wick into it, and make sure one end sits a little bit out of the oil. Light this end and you've got a functional oil lamp.

* Paint - Remove paint off your hands with olive oil. That's right! Rub olive oil onto the painted parts, let sit 5 minutes, then rinse with soap and warm water. It's gone.

* Shoes - Polish your shoes with a thin coating of olive oil. Put a few drops on a clean cloth, rub, rub, rub your shoes, then polish off with a dry cloth. Perfecto!

* Stickers - Remove stickers painlessly and fast by using olive oil. Dab oil onto the sticker, or soak a tissue or cloth in olive oil and let it sit over the sticker for a while. Sticker will slip right off and take all the sticky residue with it. It works.

* Squeak - Do you have a squeaky door or hinge? Instead of going to the store to buy dry graphite or more chemically products, try using olive oil first. Drip a few drops of olive oil onto the top of the squeaky hinge. Move hinge back and forth a few times to work it in. The squeak should be gone.

* Tarnish - Your pots and pans will thank you. Rub a very thin layer of olive oil over your stainless steel and brass. Buff off with a clean, dry cloth until shiny. This will prevent them from tarnishing and corroding, and also prevents streaks.

* Wood polish - Lackluster wood table and chairs? Shine them up and preserve the wood's natural moisture by rubbing with straight olive oil. For more cleaning power, mix 1 tbsp. olive oil + 1/4 tsp. vinegar, put small amount on cloth, and rub mixture onto the wood.

* Zippers - We've all been there; mostly with metal zippers, and occasionally with plastic ones. Everyone's ready to go, you go to zip your zipper, and... nothing. It's totally messed up and you just can't get it to zip up (or down.) Use a cotton applicator swab to dab olive oil onto the "teeth" of the zipper. No more problems!
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: A variety of uses for Olive Oil
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 04:00:24 AM »
When one buys olive oil by the gallon....one knows it's good .....  and believe me...the gallon I buy doesn't last to long LOL...

participial