Pommerlis

2024 Mar 29 04:11:22
 :easter5:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 28 06:20:23
 :easter5:

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

vash99

2024 Mar 18 09:45:35
the food is overseasoned and they wake u up every two hours to check vitals, blood test , give the occasional tylonol  i got more sleep in one night home last night than four days in the hospital lolon another note i found the fifth incision its a lot longer than the rest and it stings

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98815
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 1285
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: New Ransomeware is running loose!  (Read 2798 times)

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
New Ransomeware is running loose!
« on: June 28, 2017, 06:36:11 PM »
A new strain of ransomware, a Petya-esque variant being called Petya/NotPetya, is swiftly spreading across the globe today, impacting tens of thousands of computers as of 2:00 p.m., PST.

More powerful, professional, and dangerous than last month's WanaCrypt0r attack, the Petya-esque ransomware uses the same EternalBlue exploit to target vulnerabilities in Microsoft's operating system.

However, unlike WanaCrypt0r, this ransomware instructs you to reboot your computer and then locks up your entire system.

Long story short: if you get this infection, you're hosed.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline KyotoKid

• ...forsaken daughter is watching you.
Re: New Ransomeware is running loose!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 09:30:52 PM »
...so it is in an email attachment? If so is it a specific type of email that can  simply be deleted?
...Forsaken Daughter is Watching You. 

Offline dogwaffle

• Just In
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 09:42:15 PM »
I don't know by experience if it helps, but I still recommend configuring your Windows PC with a dual boot alternative, booting into one of the Linux distros. If Windows is locked up, you could still possibly boot into Linux and recover some files.

You can also put it on a usb thumbdrive to boot from it

Try Centos for example. You might even discover that you could run many of your fave apps under Linux with emulation libs like Wine and/or play-on-linux

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 11:45:22 PM »
I guess I'm lucky I can't access the internet on my pc at this time! Crazy how the timing works for me on this! â„¢
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Offline KyotoKid

• ...forsaken daughter is watching you.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 01:05:42 AM »
..unfortunately none of the graphics software I use plays well with Linux.  Daz sort of runs under Wine but often time the sliders don't work correctly and the content database will have fits. Carrara or Hexagon do not run at all under any Linux emulation. 

Blender does but until that programme gets a complete UI makeover, I won't bother with it

Fortunately like Agent Double-0-Hiccup, my workstation is not connected to the Net, but I do transfer new content and freebie downloads from the notebook I am using for Net purposes to it via USB stick.
...Forsaken Daughter is Watching You. 

Offline heavenlee

• Attic High Priestess
  • High Roller
  • Nobody's Perfect...And I'm Nobody!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 06:22:05 AM »
This is unbelievable! How horrible! Wot gets me is why these people put things like that out there, i mean wot do they get out of it,sickos if u ask me!                                                                                     
There..............i've had my rant for the day,lol! Anyway, how r all u folks doing? Miss me,lol?xxxxxxxxxx

Offline parkdalegardener

• Root Master
  • Ranking poster
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 06:22:45 AM »
A dual boot system may not be an option. When you reboot into Linux or whatever alternate operating system you use, you automatically start the CHKDISK and other functions that are activated by this nuisance. The fact that you are rebooting to access the alternative operating system is the same as rebooting to access Windows. Exactly what the authors want you to do.

Keep your system updated and for the sake of your sanity go get the patches issued for your operating system. They are there at Mickysoft for every operating system XP onward; even if like XP, the OS is no longer supported.

This 0 Day was fixed a couple of years back. MS issued patches. People ignored them for whatever reason. This happened again a few months back. MS re-issued the patches that have been in place in their updates; for the worryworts, and those with an illegal copy of Win running that they were afraid to update.

I get that some state run enterprises and large companies may not be keeping pace with software upgrades, due to a fear that something may break that currently works. Many simple folk like us do the same thing. Ignorance is not bliss, and sticking with the old ways at all costs is not a path forward.

It is behooving upon you however; to actually hold those powers that be to the fire and demand they get with the program. If your hospital doesn't work, and you pay for medical; then boycott that hospital in the future and let them know why. If you power grid has shut down don't blame the ransomware. Blame your utility\govt. as the case may be for an inability to secure the grid. Bank machine not working. Transfer your account to another bank and tell your current institution why. You have no faith in their ability to secure their services or your cash\mortgage or whatever services you use.

Everything is connected to everything else. Tech runs at a pace beyond that of most users. No matter what level they operate at. If the basics in our modern society cannot be secured maybe we should be paying more attention to the cause. Not the symptoms.

Offline heavenlee

• Attic High Priestess
  • High Roller
  • Nobody's Perfect...And I'm Nobody!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 06:30:15 AM »
maybe we should be paying more attention to the cause. Not the symptoms.            So well said! xxx :Hi5:

Offline Carolann

• PSP Mistress
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • The PSP Studio
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 06:36:49 AM »
thanks for the info. I had better back up my graphics as I have a book illustrations in process.
Every day is a learning day

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 07:39:19 AM »
All I can figure out is that it seems to pretend to be an update, then when you click to run your update is when you get murdered...

Not sure if it disguises itself as an update for something you already have or not.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

participial