Chat Room

What's Up

Fafnir

2024 Mar 28 06:20:23
 :easter5:

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

vash99

2024 Mar 18 09:45:35
the food is overseasoned and they wake u up every two hours to check vitals, blood test , give the occasional tylonol  i got more sleep in one night home last night than four days in the hospital lolon another note i found the fifth incision its a lot longer than the rest and it stings

thelufias

2024 Mar 18 10:49:35
I know what you mean Vash...They wake you up to give you a sleeping pill LOL

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98813
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 955
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: How-To's twixt DS and Poser  (Read 8281 times)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
Re: How-To's twixt DS and Poser
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2016, 02:47:30 PM »
I have about a 155 gigs in a dozen runtimes.

Hey that actually sounds reasonable!   All mine totalled are now at 434 gigs.  That includes 116 gigs in the Vue folder set, and 3D Work Other, which contains temporarily all the non-poser/DS/vue format stuff I have to import.  the 3ds and obj's and stuff.  So, now my Poser and DS stuff is down to a tad under 300 gigs.  And I hope I am nearly done installing the biggest part of it all!  Whew. 
Um, to be honest, at first I blamed DS for corrupting my gargantuan runtime this past June.  But nothing created the "soft" spot in the magnetic media but humankinds own technology flaws.  Honest I am glad it was not any of the software's fault!
When I am wrong I sure hope I have the good grace to OWN that I am wrong. 

OK, now I have been noting one thing that makes me very sad.   Ever since I started using these multiple Runtimes, Vue 6 Infinite has been unable to successfully import any PZ3's I am saving out from Poser.  I think it CAN import D&M's companion PZ3's they create.  I got quite a few of their sets!  :D

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2016, 04:52:18 PM »
D&M's scenes are just that - all props, no characters, clothes, hair, etc. There may be a limit on how much VUE will import and all that other stuff is heavy-duty polys that add up quick. Render your background in VUE and then render your character(s) in Poser at the background size with whatever, whoever you want in the scene and save what's in the Poser scene as a .png. Then go in PShop,l open the background, open the saved .png.

On the saved .png Select All > Copy. Go to background and do Shift>CNTRL>V (that is "Paste In Place" and paste that .png right in there over where you rendered it on the background. Merge and there you go. You have several programs to work with. You don't need to do everything in only one, McG!

:wink:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2016, 04:54:14 PM »
For example, my friend can load the entire model of the City of Babylon he made in 3DS Max, but you try loading that in Poser and it's going to tell you to....... in no uncertain terms. As in :thud:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2016, 09:07:48 PM »
Yes I do have several programs that can each do a part.  It's just that Vue used to import my PZ3's fine.  Not any more though. :OMFG:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2016, 09:36:50 PM »
Damn now you are going to have me research if and how my version of Vue plays with Poser

No, no, no, well at least till I get the new tower up and running that is ... :heeheehee:

I am so looking forward to .... ehem  ... improvements

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2016, 10:44:06 PM »
I've been known to use as many as 5 different applications to do one image. If I start with modeling, I include my modeler(s) of choice, and whatever UV Mapping application I use, normally the main modeller I used. Then there is the texture map making application, such as PSP. Well there is three or more applications right there, and I still need to compose my image! Well I often use two applications to compose an image; Bryce for my Backdrop, and either DAZ Studio or Poser for the foreground components. Each has to render their part of the image. If I decide to do Depth of Field, I will take the backdrop to PSP or PD Artist, and there I add a simple gaussian blur or a more fancy one using different tools in those applications. Then after the final render in DAZ Studio or Poser, if any post work is required I will use PSP or PD Artist for that. So really, it can be as many as 6 or 7 applications use to do one image.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2016, 08:53:12 PM »
Hey gang hey gang!  Y'all check this out:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/genesis-3-poser-updater/76121

I just got a notice from Renderosity about this item from WillDial.  A FREEBIE!   :OMFG: :heeheehee:

Hey so far it is a working method.  In fact, it has already done something I never could.  And it comes from WillDials knowledge in using DS and Poser.  I haven't even installed his "Poser Updater" part yet.  And I have a complete G3F loaded into Poser Pro 11 with the full texture.  Clothing?  Not so much, exactly.  Ghost clothing.  I mean DS makes the clothing part of body parts right?  Poser don't do that.
SO.  Make sure you got a nicely skinned and morphed G3F loaded into DS first, and make sure she has no clothes or props, no hair.  That stuff can all be added in POSER.  :o)
Yeah, I'm serious!  I have a functioning (mostly) G3F loaded into PP 11 just using DS 4.8 to convert figure to TriAX weight mapping, save as a scene subset, then create PCF's for it.  Bingo, it loads!! 
Now to install the utility that allows facial expressions.  Guess it converts the ghost bones to bones?
McG.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2016, 10:38:41 PM »
OK How about those of us that are using Poser 10.

In the software compatibility line it is stating Poser 11 or DAZ Studio 4 ....

Which once more regrettably leaves me out

:sigh:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2016, 11:52:30 PM »
OK How about those of us that are using Poser 10.

In the software compatibility line it is stating Poser 11 or DAZ Studio 4 ....

Which once more regrettably leaves me out

:sigh:
Yeah, it leave me out too, as it is for Poser 11 only at this time! No way I can afford that!
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2016, 12:42:05 AM »
I didn't even consider that it is for DS 4.5 + and Poser 11+.  I have DS 4.8 64 bits and Poser Pro 11 64 bits installed.  The tutorial part, getting the basic G3F from DS to a .CR2 (using DSON!) works.  It allowed me to get a pre-posed G3F from ds into Poser 11 Pro with the whole skin, character morphs, and expressions it was saved with.  The clothes came across but in zero pose, not comformed to the Figure.
The thing is a freebie, and going by the thread at rendo it is still a work in progress.  I get an error every time I run the updater tool on the cr2, so posted that over there.  Will see if someone can post a fix for the error.  :)

participial