Chat Room

What's Up

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

vash99

2024 Mar 18 09:45:35
the food is overseasoned and they wake u up every two hours to check vitals, blood test , give the occasional tylonol  i got more sleep in one night home last night than four days in the hospital lolon another note i found the fifth incision its a lot longer than the rest and it stings

thelufias

2024 Mar 18 10:49:35
I know what you mean Vash...They wake you up to give you a sleeping pill LOL

Radkres

2024 Mar 18 08:04:37
O.o Drugs? The Kind Nurse with Tentacles for Hair? Oh I Know The Food!  :toast:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98781
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 550
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: File Locations  (Read 1366 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
File Locations
« on: June 17, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »
Got to love some of the lovely freebies we get from around the web. A beautiful product but poorly organized with the folder makes it difficult to use it unless you are familiar with how content is sorted within Poser. Most of us learn by trial an error and some of us throw our hands up in the air.

Then some of research until we wrestle it into submission.

For those who fall into the last category here is a quick list of what files should go in what folders. The extensions pertain to Poser 7 and might be different if you use a different version.

Geometries
   filename .obj

.obj file locations is specified by the .cr2, .hr2, .pp2 file. The .obj file must be located in the folder of the same name within the geometry folder or it will not be able to find it.

Camera
   filename .cm2
   plus filename .png

Character
   filename .cr2
   plus filename .png

.cr2 files point to an .obj file and texture maps. Therefore the folder containing the associated content must all have the folders named exactly the same so it can find all the relevant files called for in the loading of the item.

Face
   filename .fc2
   plus filename .png

When you open Poser you will find all of these files under the category called Expression.

Hair
   filename .hr2
   plus filename .png

.hr2 files point to an .obj file and texture maps. Therefore the folder containing the associated content must all have the folders named exactly the same so it can find all the relevant files called for in the loading of the item.

Hand
   filename .hd2
   plus filename .png

Light
   filename .lt2
   plus filename .png

Materials
   filename .mc6
   plus filename .png

These files are only accessed when you are in the material room applying and adjusting the material or textures for your selected figure in here is where it can become complicated quickly as you have so many options to choose from and methods to connect each of the different texture maps. 

Pose
   filename .pz2
   plus filename .png

Do not confuse these with .pz3 which is the complete Poser scene.

Props
   filename .pp2
   plus filename .png

.pp2 files point to an .obj file and texture maps. Therefore the folder containing the associated content must all have the folders named exactly the same so it can find all the relevant files called for in the loading of the item.

Textures
   filename .jpg, .bmp, .tif, .gif, etc.

This is a generic place to store maps. Texture, Bump, Transparency and Reflection are the four types. Maps may be stored anywhere, however if you move your textures, the next time you open the library item that uses the map, Poser will prompt you for the new location. Simply browse to the new location. Poser will memorize the new location.

The biggest thing to remember is that when you have to create folders for content that has no internal structure to it, is that all files must be named the same.

Have fun :thud:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline OFW

• Victorian Woman
  • Sponsors
  • High Roller
  • The wayward child has returned
Re: File Locations
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 03:54:37 PM »
ok, where do I put pz3 files?
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 04:04:33 PM »
I was wondering who would ask....the pz3 files I make a folder just outside the runtime and call it pz3 files. Inside I make a folder with the name of the item and put them all in there.

Then I can import them into poser if need be, I think they are usually all the items offered in the package already loaded together for ease of setting things up and getting going....as opposed to adding each and every item in the set....say the haunted house. It will load it all.

Useful if you do want all the parts loaded, takes much time but still easier than doing each individually. Many products already have them situated in the pose folder that way and sometimes the props folder too but others put them seperately.

Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 04:04:41 PM »
If it is a pz3 file that comes with a product you have purchased I make a folder within the relevant runtime and call it pz3 and store them there.

Then if I want to work with the preset scene they have created I just navigate to it and load the scene via the Poser interface.

I keep a folder for pz3 files of the scenes I have been working on in my "WIP" folders, at least that is the name of the folder I keep them in, as I keep them separate from the actual program due to the fact that I create a yearly folder with monthly folders within.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 07:02:36 PM »
Lord.....I thought this was suppose to be FUN.....  :thud:

But We'll see what happens......

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 07:21:25 PM »
You only have to worry about this if you get some unorganized items from your freebie search.
Most of the time you need not worry about this, but if you want to be knowledgeable you have to dig in :tearlaugh: