Chat Room

What's Up

vash99

2024 Apr 18 10:21:20
im ok its lingering from the surgery from the surgery

thelufias

2024 Apr 17 10:53:32
Gooooooood Morning EVERYONE....It's Wet Wednesday...

Radkres

2024 Apr 16 02:03:49
O.o Might Talk to the On Call Nurse And Ask about it. :MARILY:

thelufias

2024 Apr 16 10:02:29
Don't let it get out of hand...

vash99

2024 Apr 15 11:30:46
my lower left side is bugging me today

Fafnir

2024 Apr 14 04:49:26
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 11 09:36:15
yeppers :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 11 09:32:52
Always great having a "Good Team" caring for you.

vash99

2024 Apr 10 10:02:05
yeah i am their a good team

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 10 07:24:44
Not sure if it is just us but we used to love a good steak and now when we get one and cook them up...they taste bland no matter what we do to them. WAAA!

thelufias

2024 Apr 09 08:07:08
Good to see them taking good care of you...and you taking care of you.

vash99

2024 Apr 08 09:43:28
got the chemo list today , 2 drugs one pill one iv twice a month

thelufias

2024 Apr 06 06:40:04
Glad you're back...Yup...Moving operating systems is not a good thing...

AngellsGraphics

2024 Apr 05 11:39:42
Glad to be back after my nasty pc crash trying to move my windows to an ssd, got rid of my windows and never transferred.  :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 05 12:16:47
Don't zoom to fast...we still have Dragons flying around

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Fae in Pink © AngellsGraphics

TOTW

Witch of the Westmoreland © Paul

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99216
  • Total Topics: 12298
  • Online Today: 1079
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Amberlight 2 Review  (Read 981 times)

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
Amberlight 2 Review
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »

Amberlight 2

System requirements

Windows:
Windows 10, 8, 7
Intel or AMD processor
OpenGL 2.0 graphic card
1GB RAM
40 MB free disk space

Mac OS:
Mac OS X 10.8 and newer
Intel or AMD processor
OpenGL 2.0 graphic card
1GB RAM
40 MB free disk space
Internet connection is required for activation.

Let me tell you right off the bat, this an animation nube here. I have made animations with Photoshop. That program within CS2 is no longer available. It has been very many years since I used it so these newer programs are very advanced for my brain to take in clearly.

Amberlight 2 is one such new program...for this newbie...however, I gave it a twirl. Impressive it is...LOL You turn it on then you are greeted with the "New Window" area where you can choose what type of animation you wish to have.
There are quite a few selections to choose from with preset "parts"  as well as preset sizes to choose from. The other controls are for rendering, choosing colors, choosing the type of animation you want it to do...this area is a lot of fun to prowl through.

When you choose the one you wish you can keep the preset size or in the upper area of the "New Window" you can customize it to your preference. There are controls to adjust the waves, colorize them, set the frequency and more.
Once you get your choice set then you can proceed to play with the controls. Doing that will give you an idea of what to do to increase the "waves", the area they are located in and how many places to have the animations situated. I chose a basic one to play with this first time and once time permits I can delve into it, just like one of EscapeMotions other programs called "FlamePainter".

I spent way to much time playing with the controls and not getting more images to show here but finally settled on a basic image.
Unfortunately for me I could not figure out how to save it in the animation form to show you how it animates but I did save it to .png after hiding the background layer (much like you do in Photoshop). This way I can do what I  wanted in the first place, use the static image as an overlay for a Photoshop render.

Your work can be saved in the .amb format to keep it for later use as an animation and/or save it such as .tiff, .png, .jpg and .bmp.  This is the images saved for overlaying on images.
This how I used it:
Finished image:
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: Amberlight 2 Review
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 11:24:04 PM »
Your image came out very nicely, Mary! Don't you love that horse? He's so pretty.

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 11:33:11 PM »
Yes I do and like the program tonight nothing wanted to cooperate.

BTW that image of the actual fractal is a .png so anyone that wishes to have it can just do a save as to their computer.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
Always.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 12:24:23 PM »
I won the Amberlight 2 software in one of the monthly image contests here at the Attic. I have used it many times, but mostly for static images.

After one fractal was done, I saved it in several color sets including greyscale. I then used one color set as a tiled diffuse map and one greyscale as a displacement map and transparency map for a 2D plane, which I turned into a wall. then I placed a male figure behind the wall, played with the specular, refraction, and reflectivity of the wall, added lights and camera, and rendered the scene.

The result showed a tiled shaped glass wall that the figure could be seen through, and that image won me yet another prize here at the Attic. Thing is, that image was done only a day after I got Amberlight 2, so to win a prize by using this prize for an image I did a day after getting the program is about as good a testimonial as anyone could have about a program. It truly is a great piece of software.

As for the animation features, I've searched (with my still obviously limited search skills) for tutorials on how to use it for that, and how to save the video, and I have yet to find any. That said, I must endorse this as a really AWESOME application, and I highly recommend it!

This image is a reduced pixel size and is a .jpg version of one of my fractals from Amberlight 2:

[attachment deleted by admin]
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 03:53:09 PM »
It comes with a manual in pdf format that is available in the help column and can be open while you work

their support page with Q&A: http://www.escapemotions.com/products/amberlight/support.php

google search: https://www.google.com/#q=amberlight+tutorials
Fear not,
You are never alone,
Always.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 04:54:53 PM »
See what I mean by still having bad search skills. Never thought to look under Help, so next time I open it I will do so. It is a program I would love to be able to use to its fullest potential.

I'll also look up those pages you provided links to, and see what their is there!
 :ty:
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 07:53:22 PM »
See what I mean by still having bad search skills. Never thought to look under Help, so next time I open it I will do so. It is a program I would love to be able to use to its fullest potential.

I'll also look up those pages you provided links to, and see what their is there!
 :ty:

I would like to set up an Escape Motions category for tutorials, more views, Q&A and just plain an area for all to talk and read and learn.

So if you could play more with the program, jot down notes, take screen shots (with or without annotations) and a little write up of what you did and the outcome I would really appreciate it.

Same for ANY  program we have too, like Poser - Daz - other programs from sponsors, which  would be great if there were any other members that wanted to join in. Reviews also.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
Always.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 08:38:53 PM »
I'm up for that. I don't have FlamePainter, but I can contribute for Amberlight 2. My searches for tutorials on YouTube have come up curiously empty of anything that really teaches much about it, but I have figured a good bit out on my own. I know some things that will help with controlling how a piece turns out. It is done using several parameters that you set to achieve a desired effect. That will be the first of my contributions to the tutorial aspect of this category. So let me know when it is up.

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 05:42:28 AM »
YAY my first victim, um I meant volunteer, yup that was right...LOL

The section for Escape Motions is in the Program section so will be very interested to see what you and others feel like contributing in this section.

The creators did say that the manual should answer questions and give helpful hints on how to make things in the animation use, so am eager to see if the manual is easy to follow/understand.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
Always.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 11:08:08 AM »
You may victimize me anytime, Sweetie! LOL That's because you do it in a way that is quite beneficial! :yes:

I already have a simple one put together, but I need to proof it before posting it. As for distribution of this one, it may be distributed freely with no restrictions as long as the person sharing it give credit to the author (myself). I am contributing to the Amberlight community, which is my main goal in this.

I would ask if you would like to test it for me to see if what I think will happen when following it will actually happen. It should be pretty easy to follow, and not take too much time to determine if your results will match mine. I have included several renders in the document for the sake of comparison. So let me know what you decide concerning this.

Cheers!