Chat Room

What's Up

thelufias

2024 Apr 17 10:53:32
Gooooooood Morning EVERYONE....It's Wet Wednesday...

Radkres

2024 Apr 16 02:03:49
O.o Might Talk to the On Call Nurse And Ask about it. :MARILY:

thelufias

2024 Apr 16 10:02:29
Don't let it get out of hand...

vash99

2024 Apr 15 11:30:46
my lower left side is bugging me today

Fafnir

2024 Apr 14 04:49:26
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 11 09:36:15
yeppers :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 11 09:32:52
Always great having a "Good Team" caring for you.

vash99

2024 Apr 10 10:02:05
yeah i am their a good team

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 10 07:24:44
Not sure if it is just us but we used to love a good steak and now when we get one and cook them up...they taste bland no matter what we do to them. WAAA!

thelufias

2024 Apr 09 08:07:08
Good to see them taking good care of you...and you taking care of you.

vash99

2024 Apr 08 09:43:28
got the chemo list today , 2 drugs one pill one iv twice a month

thelufias

2024 Apr 06 06:40:04
Glad you're back...Yup...Moving operating systems is not a good thing...

AngellsGraphics

2024 Apr 05 11:39:42
Glad to be back after my nasty pc crash trying to move my windows to an ssd, got rid of my windows and never transferred.  :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 05 12:16:47
Don't zoom to fast...we still have Dragons flying around

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 05 11:38:44
Just zooming by saying hello!

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Fae in Pink © AngellsGraphics

TOTW

Witch of the Westmoreland © Paul

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99173
  • Total Topics: 12298
  • Online Today: 854
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: The new Centaur'n stuff  (Read 22719 times)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
Re: The new Centaur'n stuff
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2018, 01:17:03 PM »
Prae's Reuster Hair, SAV's Alpha Scalp, a skin by Twizted and Dreamweever's White Tiger 2 Feline Equine coat.  Didn't even finish rendering, oops!  LOL!

For some more fun with the Centaurs, you can hide the Horse Tail (there is a pose to do that somewhere around here, and on ShareCG), and parent a ponytail of your choice to the , um, butt.  Works great!  Thanks to AdamR1000 for that idea!

The Centaur below, I think I want the legs even longer!   Will have to play with Y scale on the Canons most likely!

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2018, 01:49:43 PM »
  Surtout J!   :haha:

What me :pervy:

Never :iminnocent:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Chiron

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2018, 02:25:08 PM »
See the tiny zip, there are 3 transmaps in it.  They apply only to the MilHorse, as-is.  Position in image is important of course.  They go in your textures folders, with the horse textures, if you like.  Easier to keep track of there I think.   They are a pretty fair starting place for creating your own.  The shape and scale of Neck2 as well as Neck1 will affect what the join looks like.  I do spend time fiddling with those two and repositioning the human Hip, and rotating it on the x axis a little bit.  Bend horse neck down, rotate V4 Hip X axis up.  That kind of thing.  Works for me, but I ain't an animator!
Of the Centaurs I've posted, do the joining areas look ok to you on any of them?

:ty: McG !!!

The main problem seems to be that, as usual, I'm trying to face all problems together rather than one at a time - I'll never learn!
You're absolutely right: shape, scale and a few magnets to take care of the fine details come obviously before the textures, or else it's pretty hard to tell whether the discrepancies are more of graphic or geometric nature. Only once the textureless (white) shapes match seamlessly, the textures may come into play to be applied, checked and modified.

Yes, your human-equine interface areas look quite fine to me, although I'm after something looking even more natural like for instance the transition between fur and bare skin you see on the face of an ape. But I'm afraid that in order to get there I'll really have to design a sort of 'intermediate' transition texture (diffuse) to be split and seamlessly melted into both the human and the equine ones, so that it's entirely up to me to decide where and how the fur must give way to the human skin.

My Photoshop will probably go on strike, my AC3D will sulk, my Poser will demand a raise, my DAZ won't ever speak to me again,
but you know what? It's a lot of fun!!! :yes:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2018, 02:55:21 PM »
I am certainly being extremely enticed to install the Centaur zips and see how they work for me with the various characters.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2018, 10:08:48 PM »
For those inclined, it IS fun.   Even as all tastes vary by individual, same goes with these characters.  I enjoy seeing ALL of them.   I have seen that every person seems to have pretty well defined ideas of what is "Right and True" in the makeup of Centaurs.   
They are a Chimera, a physical mash up of human upper and horse lower.  For what we are calling a Felitaur, also Chimera, upper of human and one of the 5 known big cats lower.  Also called a Chakat. 

Chiron, I am very interested in whatever you come up with, in the overall Centaur and the transition perfection you are wanting to see!

J, I am interested in seeing any character you come up with.   Yeah even if it's a Kianna-taur!  You must have seen the Girl4-MilHorse zip?    :winks:

I have many characters to re-create.  I still have a bit of a story in mind to write and illustrate.  I've no idea where these thoughts, ideas will go.  Some will be realized and some won't.  The Life that is each of Us is a wild thing.  Our minds might put on the veneer of tame and civilized, but Life never will!

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2018, 10:13:29 PM »
Chiron, it occurs to me that to get that interface truly right, you must first work on the horse coat.  Yes?  And thus, we turn right around to face ye olde Centaur Transmap.  This will require some thought and many trial and error efforts, I think.  It's a worthy endeavor!  And one I have tinkered at, on and off, for a full decade now.  The results are worth the effort!
I have used HEMI's originals many times.  As has he.  I also have created a couple dozen, used a few, discarded the rest.  It is a critical area to get right, and strongly affects believability of a character. 
This is only one point to get right.  Next, posing and expression!    :yippee:

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2018, 01:34:31 PM »
Sorry, I wasn't born at that time.

I made something with Centaurs morphs  :knelvis:

Loved it

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2018, 01:40:16 PM »

J, I am interested in seeing any character you come up with.   Yeah even if it's a Kianna-taur!  You must have seen the Girl4-MilHorse zip?    :winks:

Kianna as a Centaur now there is a thought that has potential ... Luffie would never be able to run away as she would be faster then him :heeheehee: :haha:

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2018, 01:51:17 PM »
LOL.....believe me....no matter the number of legs....I'd still find ways to avoid the "K" thingy....

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2018, 03:52:37 PM »
Person not thingy

participial