Pommerlis

2024 Mar 29 04:11:22
 :easter5:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 28 06:20:23
 :easter5:

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98826
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 1285
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Getting rid of Backdoor:Win32Cycbot.B  (Read 1703 times)

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
Getting rid of Backdoor:Win32Cycbot.B
« on: March 26, 2011, 05:00:50 PM »
This came from a thread at Bleeping computer and the links inside it will take you to their site for further information -- should you need it. It was easier to follow by copying their advice from the thread rather than send you there... so here goes.

Backdoor:Win32Cycbot.B --- This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

You will need:

DrWeb CureIt and MBAM (Malwarebytes).

NOTE: Sometimes the page loads in Russian.. If so along the top at the right side you will see a down arrow that says, PYCCKNN.
Click the arrow and select English.

This can be a long scan.

Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.

Please download Dr.Web CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet. Note: The file will be randomly named (i.e. 5mkuvc4z.exe). Perhaps naing it to the proper name before saving it to computer will help.

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:

* Double-click on the randomly named file to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
    * Read the anti-virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
    * The Express scan will automatically begin.
      (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
    * If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
    * If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All. (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)

* After the Express Scan is finished, put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
    * In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and uncheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Apply, Ok.
    * Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
    * Please be patient as this scan could take a long time to complete.
    * When the scan has finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
    * Click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
    * In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
    * Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
    * Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
    * Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
    * After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

* Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
    * Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
      For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
    * When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
    * When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
          o Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
          o Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

* Then click Finish.

MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.

* If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
    * If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.

On the Scanner tab:

* Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    * Then click on the Scan button.
    * If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
    * The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
    * When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
    * Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.

Back at the main Scanner screen:

* Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
    * Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    * When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
    * The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
    * Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
    * Exit MBAM when done.

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

after you get rid of it....

Now you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been backed up, renamed and saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:

* Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
    * Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.

* Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
    * Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
    * Click "Ok". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
    * Click the "More Options" tab, then click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
    * Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
    * Click Yes, then click Ok.
    * Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
    * Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.

Vista and Windows 7 users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point in Vista or Windows 7 and Disk Cleanup in Vista.

If this should fail then go --if you can-- to Microsoft and do a live chat so they can go  remotely to fix it but beware....they tend to  get rid of Poser too for some odd reason so make a copy of the Poser program file and the latest PZ3 you may have on drive and externals, for safe keeping. The prefs are not touched but you may have to reinstall Poser program.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: Getting rid of Backdoor:Win32Cycbot.B
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 05:17:25 PM »
Hummmm....very helpful....and hope I never need it  :tearlaugh:   With the money spent on safguards.....I better not have this problem...

Thanks for the info Mary....  It's good to have in here in case someone does run into a problem....Like Angie.....or my Brother....or....well....you get my drift LOL......

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Getting rid of Backdoor:Win32Cycbot.B
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 06:01:14 PM »
Indeed "knowledge the most powerful thing in the universe"

And with a few folk that are well known to us we need all the knowledge we can get to keep them from hurting themselves. :thud:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman