Chat Room

What's Up

Fafnir

2024 Mar 28 06:20:23
 :easter5:

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

vash99

2024 Mar 18 09:45:35
the food is overseasoned and they wake u up every two hours to check vitals, blood test , give the occasional tylonol  i got more sleep in one night home last night than four days in the hospital lolon another note i found the fifth incision its a lot longer than the rest and it stings

thelufias

2024 Mar 18 10:49:35
I know what you mean Vash...They wake you up to give you a sleeping pill LOL

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98813
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 1276
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: The Pet Shop  (Read 60692 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: The Pet Shop
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2019, 03:08:23 PM »
Well, typically I keep the lighting some what on the dim side in the kitchen, where their food and drink is located, and the rest of the place, then there is the concept of when all lights are off and I am in bed they must be drinking from it then, as the dish is about empty in the morning and boy howdy do they make a mockery of the litter box :sigh:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2019, 04:10:49 AM »
TL, Mogwai has played with several of his toys all his life, and likes getting new ones.  There is one that he is very partial to, a zebra pattern stuffie 'kitty' with stuffed tail and a pull string vibro-motor.  It shook itself around for about 10 seconds.  He grew up with that one.  He still has it, though the 'motor' fell out last year.  Didn't work anymore so no biggie.  At first I thought he was just washing his 'baby kitten'.  But just watching him late one night showed what he was doing.  Even as Tattoo and Blackie taught him, he was teaching his Baby about Food and Water.   He put Baby in the food bowl first, sat and waited a minute, then moved it over to the water bowl.  After a minute, he took it out gently and put it beside water bowl.  Later when dried, he carried it to the couch and put it in his spot for a nap.   
Tell me cats aren't smart!   He plays dolls with his Baby. 
Tattoo never had a 'baby', and is the one that plays with the water.   When I drip the kitchen faucet for freezing temps, he gets IN the sink, sits and plays with dripping water, shapes water puddles and flows and watches it for hours.
I've seen I THINK that cats vision is pretty blurry in like the first foot in front of them.  After that, pretty sharp with lots of peripheral range.   They never really see what they eat or drink, being below the plane of their muzzle as well as blurry.  Most of the time, they close their eyes while eating.   They sniff the foods location out, and munch away.    Also Tattoo paws the area at the water bowl, while lowering his face to the water.  I think he does that to disturb the surface so he can tell where it is and not dunk his nose getting too close.  Mogwai hasn't snapped to that trick yet.  He dunks his nose a lot.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2019, 04:08:31 AM »
Poor Mogwai.  He's losing his teeth!   :OMFG: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :puah:

Probably Friday, I'll get him in to the Vet.  Poor guy, I see now why he fights my looking in his mouth.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2019, 06:52:37 AM »
Time for him to stop dry food :panic:  But cats don't love we look in their mouths, at least I know no one liking that.
Check FRM for great products

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2019, 02:08:00 PM »
That's so true, but he usually lets me have a quick look.  I had to trick him so I could see.   His lower right canine is all black around the base, and he has gumboil looking area.  This happened pretty fast.  He had a full dental less than a year ago.   Today he is running around, energetic and playing, a happy Moggie.  He's feeling better.  It is still his turn  to go to the Doctor though!  He needs his shots and a good checkup plus the Bravecto flea med.  Around here, mine HAVE to have that.  SO many outdoor cats and dogs in this area it's ridiculous.  And they keep the fleas going all over this part of town.  Bravecto one time and they have peace.  :)  For like 4 months.  Worth it to me they don't suffer.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2019, 02:09:20 PM »
I looked up "Puce" in the dictionary, Aelin.  It's a color, right?  Kinda like a plum red/brown? Is that where Puce's name is from? 

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2019, 02:14:49 PM »
Oh, stop his dry food?  He'll just go get some of Tattoo's dry food.   He does like that Meow Mix moist food with sauce in the little tubs.  Tattoo just adores that stuff, and whatever Mogwai leaves, Tattoo vacuums up.
When Mogwai had his dental work-over last year, they removed a rotted molar.  Now he's sure to lose the lower right canine.  That is a huge tooth too, all 4 of his canines are BIG, bigger than Tattoo's, who is a bigger cat.  Anyway, he wants his dry food when he's done with the moist.  Really!  He likes both, but demands his dry food always. 

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2019, 02:30:40 PM »
I looked up "Puce" in the dictionary, Aelin.  It's a color, right?  Kinda like a plum red/brown? Is that where Puce's name is from?
No Puce is like a "flea" in English.
I don't know if she obtained that name from her first owner, from the second, or if she was named at the shelter where I adopted her. But she always answered to her name; then heard to answer to the nicknames we gave to her.
Yet, she is a bouncing cat when she decides to run everywhere. Even if she sees an obstacle at the last second :hypno:

She is a striped grey and beige cat, and (before she removed by stress part of her hair on the belly) she has some dark spots on her belly.

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2019, 02:35:48 PM »
Oh, stop his dry food?  He'll just go get some of Tattoo's dry food.   He does like that Meow Mix moist food with sauce in the little tubs.  Tattoo just adores that stuff, and whatever Mogwai leaves, Tattoo vacuums up.
When Mogwai had his dental work-over last year, they removed a rotted molar.  Now he's sure to lose the lower right canine.  That is a huge tooth too, all 4 of his canines are BIG, bigger than Tattoo's, who is a bigger cat.  Anyway, he wants his dry food when he's done with the moist.  Really!  He likes both, but demands his dry food always.
I never had cat with missing teeth, but had 2 cats with diffetent diets.
When Tania became ill (kindness and heart issues), she had to eat special dry food, and a bit of chicken/turkey/fish that we cocked for her. In the time where Giroflée arrived to the house, Giro had a normal food. So it was several meals by day under watch of somebody; and Tania was lucky because Giro can't jump very easily at the top of furnitures (she is a 'small' gabarit) so Tania had a spot for herself all the long of the day.

Even if Mogway doesn't like to miss dry food, with less and less teeth it's an option alas.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2019, 02:48:51 AM »
Ah, ok I see about Puce now!  Cool!

It is difficult sometimes managing our pets health and diet.   But we love them, they love us, and we do the best we can.  Life goes on!   Mogwai has an appointment with the vet Tuesday afternoon.   I gave the assistant there all the info about Mogwai.  And asked about his tooth issue.  She said just let the Dr. have a look at him and he'll tell me.  She did say its actually sort of common, pets lose teeth all the time.  Most go through and out the back end though.  Not many bring the tooth to their humans like Mogwai did.  I'm sorry, he came, got me and took me right to it on the kitchen counter.  Then made a funny sound and gently pawed at it.  His tail was up, so he wasn't stressed too much over it.  That was yesterday, today he's running around the walls, playing, and eating ok.   He still goes to the Doc Tuesday.

participial