Chat Room

What's Up

thelufias

2024 Apr 17 10:53:32
Gooooooood Morning EVERYONE....It's Wet Wednesday...

Radkres

2024 Apr 16 02:03:49
O.o Might Talk to the On Call Nurse And Ask about it. :MARILY:

thelufias

2024 Apr 16 10:02:29
Don't let it get out of hand...

vash99

2024 Apr 15 11:30:46
my lower left side is bugging me today

Fafnir

2024 Apr 14 04:49:26
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 11 09:36:15
yeppers :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 11 09:32:52
Always great having a "Good Team" caring for you.

vash99

2024 Apr 10 10:02:05
yeah i am their a good team

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 10 07:24:44
Not sure if it is just us but we used to love a good steak and now when we get one and cook them up...they taste bland no matter what we do to them. WAAA!

thelufias

2024 Apr 09 08:07:08
Good to see them taking good care of you...and you taking care of you.

vash99

2024 Apr 08 09:43:28
got the chemo list today , 2 drugs one pill one iv twice a month

thelufias

2024 Apr 06 06:40:04
Glad you're back...Yup...Moving operating systems is not a good thing...

AngellsGraphics

2024 Apr 05 11:39:42
Glad to be back after my nasty pc crash trying to move my windows to an ssd, got rid of my windows and never transferred.  :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 05 12:16:47
Don't zoom to fast...we still have Dragons flying around

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 05 11:38:44
Just zooming by saying hello!

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Fae in Pink © AngellsGraphics

TOTW

Witch of the Westmoreland © Paul

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99174
  • Total Topics: 12298
  • Online Today: 969
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: How-To's twixt DS and Poser  (Read 8318 times)

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
Re: How-To's twixt DS and Poser
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2016, 09:27:47 PM »
McG, in the Render settings at the top of the settings list on the right side of the shelf you will see the word General. Click on that. At the top of the left column of that same shelf look for Dimension Preset (Global) with a drop down bar under it. Click that dropdown bar to open the drop down list. To render the full scene window click Active Viewport at the top of the list. Now no matter how much of the screen your scene window occupies, rendering it will yield an image the same size as that window. For an image nearly the size of your monitor screen, close all shelves until the Scene Window occupies all of the screen other than the task bar and the window border. You will not have access to the Render button this way, but not to worry. Just use the QuickKey combo CTRL+R to start the render.

If you want to match the full size of your monitor screen or even do larger images, go to that drop down list and select Custom, then under that choose your desired Aspect Ratio by entering the values for width and height, and then enter the value of either the width or height you want. The other value will autoset if you have Constrain Proportions set to On. Now the render will match the size and aspect ratio you have chosen.

Hope this helps. If you have other questions, feel free to ask.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2016, 10:41:31 PM »
Ok so I found the menu bits, set it to Active Viewport and now I cannot change the output size?  That wasn't what I needed then.  What I WANT to do is be able to edit the ASPECT FRAME.   Turns out, that is just another term for CAMERA.   I opened that, messed with a few things, and found that turning OFF Local Dimensions allowed me to use even the 16:9 aspect, but the sides go to the outside of the active viewport.  I will know in a few moments if that worked.  It did, so now to see if DS will KEEP those settings last used or revert.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2016, 11:12:13 PM »
McG, you can save your render settings for later use if you wish, but the last aspect ratio and pixel size you used will carry over to the next time you open DAZ Studio. It won't change until you decide to change it yourself. Glad to see your are having success. I can help you in several areas of DAZ Studio if you need it. One thing I encourage is to explore the application and see what you can find on your own, and if you need help with something just ask. I'm here for you.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2016, 08:11:21 AM »
Yes you can push the pannels temporary thanks to arrows, or change the size of "frame" manually in the Render Settings window. You have just the impression that your scene is more far away; it's in these case that it's great to use "Perspective view" or another camera to go in the scene and sort details.

1 => If you have a shape of scene really determined (like square, or 16/9), or to change the size thanks to "Custom".
2 => Pixel Size: If you are no longer in "Active viewport", you can change the size.
3 => Aspect ratio: follows the "Pixel Size".
4 => Constrain proportions: help you to keep the aspect ratio above. Better to turn off in many cases.
5 => Render Target: by there, you have all that you want, even if it's 3000 pixels on 3000 pixels. During the render (and after), you can displace the window thanks to scrollbars to look the result in 100% size.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Check FRM for great products

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2016, 03:44:26 PM »
One thing I find to work well is making the pixel size at least 1/4 larger that the size of my monitor screen while constraining the aspect ratio to 16:9. This helps when you make the picture your desktop background, as it ensures the quality of the image is as good as I want it. And if you need to do some post work on the image, rendering larger than you want it ensures that you can zoom in close for those tiny details you wish to fix. You can then save the post worked version at a smaller size to help hide any post work boo boos.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2016, 04:02:22 AM »
Sorry to take so long, I got a 24 hr bug :(   What I have been wanting to do in DS is the same as Poser, just work on a scene using the whole viewport then do a quick render and see what I have in the viewport.  DS wasn't working like that.  I turned off that local constrain proportions and that worked, it was the only thing that worked.  So now, no matter what the actual scene size is, what gets rendered is the camera view which is different than the scene size.   Seems DAZ never considered that someone might want to do that, so didn't bother explaining the actual results of that.
Thanks for the help, I got what I want now!
McG.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2016, 04:04:07 AM »
There is a saying in the photography newsgroups, of daze long past, "Resizing can hide a multitude of sins".  Yep, we knows that one mate!  :D 
McG. :java:

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2016, 08:00:35 AM »
You need time before to find your marks in Daz like in Poser.
For me the way was DS towards Poser, and one of my first question was "how remove the ground?"  :psycho:
After, for proportions of scene, i needed to remember me the short way to go into in Poser. But at the beginning, i forgot often to do proportions, and i had small renders.

In fact, i have more difficulties with cameras in Poser than Daz; but this oblige me to think better the scene before to start.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2016, 02:14:57 PM »
Good lord, my brain hurts from all the complexities of trying to make one work with the other. :thud:

:o_go_on:

Regarding Hexagon - it's NEVER been upgraded except for when DAZ bought it and all they did to it was build a 'porting' tool into DAZ from it. That's ALL they did to it - make it port to their software. So I have been told. Fact is. It's likely never going to be upgraded. Yes, it works great to do simple or repetitive things like arrays but it totally sucks for UV mapping. For that, you need Blender, Headus UV, Z-Brush, and even PSP etc. Hexagon is a resource hog on a system. It was always crashing on me. I learned to save often - very often.

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2016, 02:20:37 PM »
I'm agree for UV, even with a video tutorial, i never could take this in Hexagon.
The reason for why i need to pass by UVMapper.
And on my 64 bits it crashes more often than on the old 32 bits, i wonder why. But save often for this kind of creation is a good thing.

participial