Chat Room

What's Up

vash99

2024 Apr 18 10:21:20
im ok its lingering from the surgery from the surgery

thelufias

2024 Apr 17 10:53:32
Gooooooood Morning EVERYONE....It's Wet Wednesday...

Radkres

2024 Apr 16 02:03:49
O.o Might Talk to the On Call Nurse And Ask about it. :MARILY:

thelufias

2024 Apr 16 10:02:29
Don't let it get out of hand...

vash99

2024 Apr 15 11:30:46
my lower left side is bugging me today

Fafnir

2024 Apr 14 04:49:26
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 11 09:36:15
yeppers :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 11 09:32:52
Always great having a "Good Team" caring for you.

vash99

2024 Apr 10 10:02:05
yeah i am their a good team

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 10 07:24:44
Not sure if it is just us but we used to love a good steak and now when we get one and cook them up...they taste bland no matter what we do to them. WAAA!

thelufias

2024 Apr 09 08:07:08
Good to see them taking good care of you...and you taking care of you.

vash99

2024 Apr 08 09:43:28
got the chemo list today , 2 drugs one pill one iv twice a month

thelufias

2024 Apr 06 06:40:04
Glad you're back...Yup...Moving operating systems is not a good thing...

AngellsGraphics

2024 Apr 05 11:39:42
Glad to be back after my nasty pc crash trying to move my windows to an ssd, got rid of my windows and never transferred.  :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 05 12:16:47
Don't zoom to fast...we still have Dragons flying around

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Fae in Pink © AngellsGraphics

TOTW

Witch of the Westmoreland © Paul

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99205
  • Total Topics: 12298
  • Online Today: 1079
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 171515 times)

Radkres and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2019, 10:46:12 AM »
Back to the work "games"

Over the last three days I have walked a total of 14 miles doing installation at two sites, with the normal array of problems, setbacks, delays and overlooked details.

I really should get a plaque for not doing anything to these people that requires bail money, an attorney, or jail time.

It is that close. Case in point first project "have to start" the DAS install at one campus for the hospital. Fine I can get that started and rolling, get it set up the morning before and what happens right before end of day told that I have to attend a safety orientation before I can start.

At 7:30 AM sharp ... my normal work hours start at 8:00 AM

:rat-atat:

Why couldn't this have been mentioned previously, I was just out there the day before for a final site walk and not one thing was said about one.

Ye ole nut job at the office didn't care he more or less said you should have known ... that is not the point ... we were just there and it was never mentioned.

:o_go_on: It will not be longer then maybe 30 minutes

NOT

2-1/2 hours later we get out of the damn thing, the "I am so cranky" part was that it was in two groups

For all of you that only speak Spanish come in, for those of you that speak only English we will get back to you after the first group is done.

:thud:

Wow nice kick to the balls ...

Nonetheless at last we get to get rolling and unloading and getting it moved up to the comm closet and start the install by finding out where everything is at and what rack space I am to use and so forth.

Not a very productive day, having wasted all that time on a safety meeting that after 30 years in construction I feel mostly confident that I know most of the safe work practices. Then getting the equipment up there and finding out where all the supposed provided conveyances were located, the day was shot, it was a school night so not staying any later then I have too, just saying.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2019, 11:08:22 AM »
Sounds like a FUN day to me...... :ifonly:

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2019, 11:12:16 AM »
:woohoo:

At last they have issued a stamp honoring the first responders.

Picked up some just the other day.  I finally ran out of stamps.  I only use one a month...except when Christmas rolls around.....I use a FEW more.....but not like the old days.   I had a Christmas Card list that was 4 pages long.

A lot of my Distributors and their extended families, my Family Members, Friends, Etc....I believe you got a card or two from me....but nowadays, with stamps being at the price they are....NOPE....>E Cards for all......LOL

Online rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2019, 02:25:12 PM »
And then there's

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/03/01/on-call/

The case of another insane client.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2019, 03:38:08 PM »
Oh my giddy aunt :noway: would I have ever accepted a job of that nature with such antediluvian components and software.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2019, 06:27:06 PM »
Got to love it all to "something unmentionable".

Continued back on the MedCom project over in Altamonte, got all the equipment installed and to my satisfaction.

So went downstairs to put in the remote portion of the project, and guess what happens when we plugged everything in and got to test the remotes.

If you guessed not a single one worked .... congratulations and move to the head of the class.

Normally one would guess that would be a problem on my side and yes typically we would assume it was something we missed however ... after performing the due diligence, guess what, it is not us at all.

It is the hospitals network that is the problem ... and that is after they cried and cried for us to provide them with the network details on the equipment being installed.

Yet, when push comes to shove they were not ready for the completion of the project.  :noway:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2019, 07:14:39 PM »
Got to love emails from customers that start off with "what is your schedule like this week?"

:ummm: Booked ... would be my answer

The university is ready for the last of the clean up of decommissioned equipment and the return of a power strip we loaned on a temporary basis ... and oh by the way once the clean up is done we can pay the final invoice.

Well, I guess that will take priority over anything else ...

I wish on all the Gods and deities past and future that ye ole manager would get some temps hired instead of dawdling, granted we do desire someone that would be useful in a working environment ... or at least trainable

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2019, 11:22:09 AM »
Always remember....be careful what you ask for....Remember last time you wished for help.....???? LOL 

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2019, 07:28:09 PM »
Indeed ... I did hear him mention something about getting temps in ... and he did not like the original wording that he was using ... "trainable"

... however I said 'willing to learn" and a "self - starter" ... might be a better set and he agreed.

So we shall see what happens ... if anything

... although rumors has it that it will happen ... I will believe it when I see it.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2019, 07:42:38 PM »
Finally getting around to learning how to delegate at long last instead of doing it all myself.

So got all of the upgrade equipment de-racked  and re boxed for delivery tomorrow. Also got the primary required remotes attached to rack panel blanks that I can install for the primary vendor pulling the antenna line, so they have a point to pull the lines for attachment.

The amusing part in my mind is that there were cables not shipped and after a week we had not received a reply so the engineer barked it up and asked .... yep they did not know why none of the requisite cable was sent ... :thud:

So got to love that  ...
Doesn't really matter in the long run to me ... why  .... let us count the ways

1) No hospital critical power available
2) No connected Earth ground
3) No conditioned air (AC) in the room
4) Secured room ... is a contractor padlock ... not a keyed lock ... what ever

And they really think they shall achieve a CO (certificate of occupancy) with the above listed deficiencies which will prevent me from doing a proper commissioning the system.

I so want whatever it is they put in their coffee.

Just saying ...

participial