Chat Room

What's Up

thelufias

2024 Apr 17 10:53:32
Gooooooood Morning EVERYONE....It's Wet Wednesday...

Radkres

2024 Apr 16 02:03:49
O.o Might Talk to the On Call Nurse And Ask about it. :MARILY:

thelufias

2024 Apr 16 10:02:29
Don't let it get out of hand...

vash99

2024 Apr 15 11:30:46
my lower left side is bugging me today

Fafnir

2024 Apr 14 04:49:26
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 11 09:36:15
yeppers :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 11 09:32:52
Always great having a "Good Team" caring for you.

vash99

2024 Apr 10 10:02:05
yeah i am their a good team

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 10 07:24:44
Not sure if it is just us but we used to love a good steak and now when we get one and cook them up...they taste bland no matter what we do to them. WAAA!

thelufias

2024 Apr 09 08:07:08
Good to see them taking good care of you...and you taking care of you.

vash99

2024 Apr 08 09:43:28
got the chemo list today , 2 drugs one pill one iv twice a month

thelufias

2024 Apr 06 06:40:04
Glad you're back...Yup...Moving operating systems is not a good thing...

AngellsGraphics

2024 Apr 05 11:39:42
Glad to be back after my nasty pc crash trying to move my windows to an ssd, got rid of my windows and never transferred.  :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 05 12:16:47
Don't zoom to fast...we still have Dragons flying around

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 05 11:38:44
Just zooming by saying hello!

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Fae in Pink © AngellsGraphics

TOTW

Witch of the Westmoreland © Paul

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99203
  • Total Topics: 12298
  • Online Today: 1088
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: How-To's twixt DS and Poser  (Read 8323 times)

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: How-To's twixt DS and Poser
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2016, 02:21:25 PM »
You DO know how to turn the Ground off know Aelin - oui? :smiley:

For those who don't - select the Ground with your cursor - go to the Properties and Parameters tab. Pick the tab on the RIGHT, and uncheck 'Visible'. Voila, the Ground disappears.

As for emitting light from things - yes, you can do that in Poser MAT room but there is also one other setting you need to make certain is checked in the Properties and Parameters. Pick the tab on the RIGHT and make sure your 'Light Emitter' box is checked. If that's not checked it will not glow or emit light. That's the difference between 'lit' and 'un-lit' lights in props other than whatever nodes/attatched lights, etc. are used to create the illusion of the light. 

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2016, 02:23:02 PM »
I'm agree for UV, even with a video tutorial, i never could take this in Hexagon.
The reason for why i need to pass by UVMapper.
And on my 64 bits it crashes more often than on the old 32 bits, i wonder why. But save often for this kind of creation is a good thing.

I seriously doubt Hexagon was ever made in anything but 32 bit, Aelin. 64-bit wasn't around when Hexagon was made and it hasn't ever really been updated. So that's likely why it crashes more.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2016, 02:24:13 PM »
You DO know how to turn the Ground off know Aelin - oui? :smiley:
:tearlaugh: by chance yes, J explained me. He was my first professor for Poser i can say. And you are never far away also Ravyn.
Check FRM for great products

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2016, 02:25:38 PM »
I seriously doubt Hexagon was ever made in anything but 32 bit, Aelin. 64-bit wasn't around when Hexagon was made and it hasn't ever really been updated. So that's likely why it crashes more.
That is possible, but now it's all that we have. And until i could have a second computer, it will stay there :psycho:
Check FRM for great products

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »
:tearlaugh: Yeah...I had to figure it out myself. It took awhile.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2016, 04:20:28 PM »
Aelin and Ravyn, there are two really great applications I know of in which you can do vertex modeling and UV mapping; and both are free to download.

Blender is one, although it is a fairly complex application, due to all the other stuff it can be used for; however, it is available in 64 bit and 32 bit versions. Due to the fact that it is upgrading several times a year, it has an ever growing learning curve. I would still recommend it over Hexagon.

The other is not so complex, but can be used to create some rather complex models; Wings 3D. It also is available in 64 and 32 bit versions. Wings 3D is a pure vertex modeler and UV mapper, and it is not hard to learn at all. It also has a small footprint on your hard drive. I highly recommend it. For any questions you may have concerning it, you may pick my brain. I will provide what I know and links to what I do not, if it exists.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2016, 04:50:24 PM »
Well, thank you...but I did mention Blender and ZBrush - both of which I do have and PShop and PSP.

It's just getting time to learn them that is my problem. That's all.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2016, 05:11:46 PM »
Like I say, Wings 3D is much easier to learn. I had a complex model done in just one hour after installing my first version!
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2016, 02:40:59 AM »
OK all this tali about modelers and fixing supper.  After just scraping by with this stomach bug, supper was a cup of chicken bullion broth.   :OMFG:   Lots of water.  I lost 12 pounds in 1 day.  Dehydrated big time.  OK, so supper DONE I got Wings 3D 64 installed and just dl'd Blender 64.  Can't hurt to try the freebies right?  I also downgrade my DSON for both PP 2014 and PP 11 to 1.1.0.50, so will clean up some issues with both G2F and G3F according to some.  GOT DS 4.8 where it will render my viewport to whatever dimensions I tell it now.  That's a relief!  I am slowly recalling that Adamr001 was explaining YEARS ago that DS does not come with a GROUND prop loaded in scene by default.  I keep forgetting about that one too.  OR a light proper!  I think we must be able to set it up to where it will start up with ground and a light set the way we want it.  Thats next!    Meantime, this ol boy is feeling whupped and gonna hit the hay folks!  G'nite!
McG. zzzzz          zzzzzzzzz          zzz

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2016, 03:35:05 AM »
McG, I prefer to create my own lights in DAZ Studio. The reason is I know what I want my lights to do, and to get them to do it I want to edit then to have my specifications. So I let the Default Light  stay on while composing the scene with my figures, environment and props. Then I go to the Create menu and choose the lights I want. Like a friend I have in another forum, my outdoor Daytime Scenes get one Distant light to act as the Sun, and secondaries may be added if I want to use them to set a particular mood. Indoor Scenes get at least three lights of various types depending on what I wish to say with my lighting. More than any other aspect of art, Lighting is the most important. It can make or break a scene. So I work with my lighting until I get it to do exactly what I need it to do! And here is a bit of knowledge I think you will need: DAZ Studio Lights from the Create menu do not have shadows turned on, so you will need to do that by editing the Shadows. I recommend using Raytraced Shadows and fiddling with the color, intensity, softness, and bias. Some lights won't have some of these settings but still fiddle with the ones they do have. And above all experiment with them to see what they are capable of. You may be pleasantly surprised at what you can do with different combinations and settings. Ever see a colored shadow in the real world? Well in DAZ Studio, you can simulate such an effect!