Chat Room

What's Up

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

vash99

2024 Mar 18 09:45:35
the food is overseasoned and they wake u up every two hours to check vitals, blood test , give the occasional tylonol  i got more sleep in one night home last night than four days in the hospital lolon another note i found the fifth incision its a lot longer than the rest and it stings

thelufias

2024 Mar 18 10:49:35
I know what you mean Vash...They wake you up to give you a sleeping pill LOL

Radkres

2024 Mar 18 08:04:37
O.o Drugs? The Kind Nurse with Tentacles for Hair? Oh I Know The Food!  :toast:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98782
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 754
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 169872 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2019, 11:59:54 AM »
That certainly would have been the best short term solution.

Better long term, would be to take the damn things out and find a dumpster for them.

Well, maybe not I am certain some ham operators would find a use for them.

A pair of Vertex 7000 series repeaters, only one duplexor, no idea what happened to the other.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2019, 12:11:28 PM »
The last bit of fun from last week. Finally got the details from a customer so ye ole TrBo guy could build the code plug for them.

Now when I am going to find to program them, and oh how much fun they would like them to be delivered next week. Well, I was able to start programming them, however there are 24 of them and they also need the firmware updated. Which means that although the cloning of the code plug takes less then a minute, a firmware update takes a minimum of six (yes, Mr CDO timed one) then you have to record and document the ID to the serial number.

When left alone one can go at a decent pace.

Since when is one ever left alone....

However in an hour and a half I finished the first eleven, another thirteen to go, and I am supposed to deliver them on Wednesday of next week.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2019, 12:39:35 PM »
Here is the next bit of entertainment.

Monday is a holiday, (paid for me) an since I am already taking both Thursday and Friday off, and also have Monday off as well, we now have :woohoo: a five day weekend.

The bad or fun news, depending on your point of view ... we are finally getting the material delivered to the VA hospital. My issue is that although a truck with lift gate can be rented we can't pick it up till Tuesday. The day we want to deliver the material, but picking a truck up along with loading 17 reels of cable, two 14' antennas, 14 boxes of equipment plus another 37 indoor ceiling mount antennas.

The day is going to be half over by the time that is loaded and delivered.

Although, I and the actual project manager (who I have had to poke and prod to get this project to go forward) will be out there early since he still hasn't determined where all of the equipment is to be installed. Yes, he knows where the head end is to be installed, but what about the other seven remotes. Considering that it will probably be me (more then likely) installing it. Inquiring minds need this information in advance. Since I could arrange for the equipment to be installed while awaiting all of the cable to be pulled in by a sub of ours.
Then to make it interesting I have a site walk to go to at 2:00PM for yet another DAS at another one of the hospitals. :sigh:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2019, 03:15:11 PM »
Last day off of my five day run, and what do I get but an email asking if the just recently found radios at the hospital have been scheduled for programming.

:ummm: Let me think, I just found out about it on Wednesday about lunch time, and you really think we were going to drop everything to schedule 10 radios, that we put out the call to get all radios in for re-programming almost nine months ago ... what makes me wonder is what the other two who could do this did on Thursday and Friday.

Well, the one I know what he has been doing he is completely swamped with repairs with no one lifting a finger to help him out. I do when I can but there has been to many site walks and so forth the past week that has been preventing me from helping him out.

Then again with me scoring three day work weeks since the second week of January, been difficult for me to help. This week being a two day week is going to be even more entertaining. Then I have on more three day work week followed by having to do the jury duty thing on the last week, hopefully they will think I am to "dogmatic" and decide we don't want someone like that on the panel.
Then we are into February ..... :thud:

Did get updates done to my code quizzes for class, so that was a bonus had four of them that needed edits and addendum's. Can't wait to torture ... I mean present them ... to the students.

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2019, 05:09:46 PM »
See that....They just can't do without you.....  :viking:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2019, 05:45:47 PM »
Then they could at least pay me, like they can't do with out me ... :thud:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2019, 07:43:10 AM »
How entertaining did a site walk this morning that took no more then about 30 minutes ... which was ever so nice.

Then time for a drive out to NASA again, this time to drop off portables for a new customer at the center.

What I didn't expect was 20 questions about them. Seriously, if you are the one that provided the freqs then why are you asking me what freqs were programmed in them?

The other questions were even more entertaining, what happens if some one programs restricted access into it ... uh no the front panel is disabled (as requested) so the user will never be able to do such a thing.

The only way one can program "enhanced privacy" is via the software and without the software, (which they could acquire) and knowledge on how to change a code plug (which they don't have) ... so not happening.

So should be interesting to see what happens after I can go out to install the mobile in the command trailer ... as I am seeing another round of questions and answers.

Than again at the moment there are only two of that can go out there due to badging requirements. Which considering that they are the ones on call for taking care of the system. Makes one go :ummm: as to why they let their badging lapse.

It is funny though that of the two of us that can go out there, I installed it which means I just racked and stacked the devices and cabled it together had nothing to do with commissioning it.

Yeah, you don't want me to fix it when it breaks.

:tearlaugh:   :viking:   :ifonly:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2019, 08:40:46 PM »
Then is a few other odds and ends of entertainment to boot.

Was trying to get rid of the two 14' antennas that were originally for the VA by turning them back over to them. Here is the nonsense part, they refused them .. why because we can't get them on the elevator to get them up to where we would store them.

:whatthe:

How in the hell do you think we got them up to the roof in the first place to install them if not by the elevator.

But would anyone call me to refute that statement ... hell no so now we have those abominations back once more.

The real piece of work is that the guy driving the truck was one of the ones that helped install them so how is it you forgot how we got them to the roof?

Next up the university still hasn't fixed the fiber for the last step of the DAS install.
The hospital is now wanting to have a schedule for the installation of their DAS projects. :ummm: We have no material or P.O. and have yet to do a quote for each site so how are we to write a schedule? Turns out they just want a ball park outline to be tweaked as each project comes on line. :thud:

Some days I just wonder about our customers, oh by the way they are asking if all ten sites can be finished in the next two years.

:thud:
Also just got the features packs for the ten radios they just found and once again I am to schedule those ASAP to get them up to speed. :sure:

Why, because there is also another site walk for the university at a new location in downtown Orlando. I would say it should be interesting but I would be lying.

Then there is the upcoming "you have to report for jury duty" I can only hope that doesn't wreck any havoc on all these projects coming up.

I mean they are all for "public safety" ... who am I kidding they probably wont care one little bit.
Although I do have my ace in the hole.

As I cannot stay late for this selection process .. I have class that night .... "oh you can miss class for one night it wont be a problem" ... "uh, yes it will, I happen to be the instructor"

And :OMFG: I did a trial run on the number for taxes and it looks like I might actually get money back this year, the first time in eight years.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2019, 04:32:03 AM »
How quaint, go into work and ye ole boss who on Wednesday of last week was taking this week off. What do I see but, when I come into work lo and behold there he is, and the notation on the work board has been erased. :ummm:
Oh and just for fun there is a new note indicating that I have a site walk in the morning. :ummm: Got to love being in the loop as to what is going on ... :sigh:

Got back from it and wow still had issue with inventory on one project, was able to finally get it sorted with help from the competent office lady.

Next got a email with the other part of a quote I was working on for an above ceiling project went to send it and what do I get, a bounced email. Seriously, I just sent an email a week ago and now it got bounced back :whatthe:

Finally got the go ahead from the university that the fiber link was complete, went to set up the final test on the system and what happens the one tech that was going to do the test who was not only out yesterday, is going to be out today, :thud:

Good grief, granted I was able to get the other tech to assist, but this constant out due to being sick nonsense from the other is wearing thin. Especially since I do not know what tomorrow will bring with the damnable jury summons. Got to many projects all wanting to be completed yesterday, which is crap, takes forever and two hours for any customer to provide us with the required paperwork to order parts let alone the wait for parts to be delivered and then they want it completed ASAP. 

Well, let me think if you all had not dragged your feet and then throw up delays for access or network access required for the system, it would have been done on schedule. Heaven forbid that they be the cause for any delay, :tearlaugh: the biggest issue I see is to many projects all running at the same time and one delay cascades like no tomorrow and then they all have to be completed at the same time. Sort of difficult since technically I am still the only one that can do infrastructure installs on their own.

The other two guys really need to step up to the plate on their own and start taking on responsibility without being told every step of the way. :thud: :tearlaugh: yea what a pipe dream that is ......

The one positive thing that did come out of yesterday is that I got clearance to go and get my phone repaired, was trying to wait for the free upgrade in April, but the damn thing manage to drain the battery three times yesterday with no reason. Tis, most irritating to say the least, and of course my phone has one of those batteries not serviceable by the end user.
Now for the $22 question, when will I be able to take the time out, to go and get it repaired. :shrug:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2019, 08:31:07 PM »
Oh great after all of the fun today to be detailed later, I called in on that damnable juror summons and I have to report :sigh:

Well, I guess if I just be my normal horrid self we might get the notice of " we don't want that bigoted, racist, dogmatic, bombastic .... humanoid" on this jury :tearlaugh: