Chat Room

What's Up

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

vash99

2024 Mar 18 09:45:35
the food is overseasoned and they wake u up every two hours to check vitals, blood test , give the occasional tylonol  i got more sleep in one night home last night than four days in the hospital lolon another note i found the fifth incision its a lot longer than the rest and it stings

thelufias

2024 Mar 18 10:49:35
I know what you mean Vash...They wake you up to give you a sleeping pill LOL

Radkres

2024 Mar 18 08:04:37
O.o Drugs? The Kind Nurse with Tentacles for Hair? Oh I Know The Food!  :toast:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98781
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 653
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 169870 times)

Chiron

Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2019, 06:20:26 AM »
Why don't you just claim an old covert affair with the defendant that might affect your objectivity? :grin:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2019, 10:00:45 PM »
Well, I was hoping to go out some sort of limb, however they never even called my number, and by 11:30 we were all informed that the judges had all the jurors they needed and we were free to go
Damn :rat-atat: waste half a day on me just sitting there looking pretty.
And we all know how difficult that is for me :tearlaugh:

I guess the only bonus is that I did finish volume three of the Homecoming trilogy "Hero" by R. A. Salvatore

Was going to start on the next stand alone volume "Timeless" but we were let off the hook.

The bad news is that I had to go in to finish my day off. Probably could have lied about it but that is not my work ethic, had a quote that I was supposed to do and then look over a proposal for another project.
Plus have a conference concerning the DAS at the university, apparently we are meeting out there to pummel it into submission. Granted I could see all devices, but my signal on the UHF was lock step with the noise floor .. not right by any definition.

So fun times ahead, afterwards then another site walk for the hospital at a different campus. Man these people are throwing money left and right to get their projects started and completed. All I can say is that it certainly does not look that I am going to be out of work for quite some little time.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2019, 10:06:16 PM »
Oh BTW on the way back from the jury summons I stopped by the Verizon store and guess what they don't do repairs on phones, the battery is a non-user replaceable.

Yes, I know that .   
We don't repair them, you could go to "You Break it, I Fix it" place and have them do it if you like ... :sure:

Sent an email off to the powers that be to find out when I am eligible for a new phone and am crossing my fingers.

Damn thing shut off three time yesterday due to the battery being drained.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Chiron

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2019, 02:05:40 AM »
Take it easy Doc, it isn't only you.
Last year I brought my phone to "The Cellphone Clinic" (bells & whistles in central Munich, ads everywhere, We are the Ones) to get my poor shattered touch-screen replaced. Thank you for being our customer, absolutely no problem, come back in one hour, €95.00, have a nice day.
Two weeks later the new touch-screen began bursting out of the phone body. Back to the Clinic, uh oh most likely it's the battery swelling, sorry your phone is too old (18 months), this kind of battery's been discontinued, good bye sir.
Middle finger up, new cellphone (not by them, of course) :sad:

I'm seriously considering going back to good old landline & phone booths.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2019, 08:22:13 PM »
Well, it decided to die at a critical moment today, like showing pics previously taken to identify rooms where equipment was located. Not a good thing as it certainly made me look like an idiot.

Frelling phone

Oh the sweet part is, I am not eligible for an upgrade till May

Until then I would have to pay full price ... well they would that is ....

Still the big problem is that I am unable to do my job ...  period ... till this is resolved and it is seriously interfering with the customer talking with me via a phone call
Case in point was the afternoon task, the phone died and my point of contact could not get in touch with me because of that ... :thud:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2019, 08:59:42 PM »
Here is the next bit of entertainment, got back on site at the university and after an hour wasted by us trying to sort it out and still not seeing valid readings a phone call was made by the engineer to the vendor and found out that one we were not in the correct GUI ... seriously ... why in the hell was this not provided from the get go :ummm:

Talk about right hand and left hand not working together

:sigh:

Nonetheless after we got the correct file and were able to get to the field required ... everything came up and was working properly.

Which believe it or not I was stating that we needed to set operating values of our own in the system to make it work properly. However why should anyone listen to the lowly installer.

Granted I have only managed to look at the set up manual briefly and the other two are way more conversant with the topic then I, yet it turns out that I was correct. :thud:

Go figure ...

Now the system on both the 400MHz qnd the 800MHz bands it is smoking hot as in -35 to a -45 regardless of which band we were testing ...  which means we still need to turn it down a touch.
 :tearlaugh:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2019, 08:20:24 PM »
Remember that February 2, is the special day set aside to celebrate cute girls with twintail hair.

:pervy:

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2019, 08:52:21 AM »
LOL.....And how does one celebrate that exactly...   ;perplexed: :whatthe: :shrug: :ifonly:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2019, 09:20:22 AM »
:hubbahubba:  :pervy:  :cheer:  :ifonly:

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2019, 09:25:03 AM »
Works for me.... :viking:

participial