Pommerlis

2024 Mar 29 04:11:22
 :easter5:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 28 06:20:23
 :easter5:

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

vash99

2024 Mar 18 09:45:35
the food is overseasoned and they wake u up every two hours to check vitals, blood test , give the occasional tylonol  i got more sleep in one night home last night than four days in the hospital lolon another note i found the fifth incision its a lot longer than the rest and it stings

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98815
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 1285
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Computer with W8.1 out  (Read 10338 times)

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
Re: Computer with W8.1 out
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2017, 11:40:07 AM »
Rectification: usually I could go on Public area by several paths. In Ubuntu, it's transformed in a labyrinth, were finally I found my way  :grimdance: Photos are ok too.

Looks like everything can be there.
Just the stupid W8.1 which had an issue.
Check FRM for great products

Chiron

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2017, 11:42:37 AM »
Ubuntu is quite OK, Aelin, it just requires a bit of patience to get started.
And it was a good idea to save your data on a different USB - should anything go wrong you wouldn't have to start all over again.

Are you recovering your files one by one or collectively (by extension, by folder or whatever)?

We are all keeping our fingers crossed for you :smile: Congratulations on your stubbornness! :thumb_up:

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2017, 01:09:42 PM »
That is wonderful news Aelin......Wooohoooo. 

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2017, 01:39:41 PM »
Ubuntu is quite OK, Aelin, it just requires a bit of patience to get started.
And it was a good idea to save your data on a different USB - should anything go wrong you wouldn't have to start all over again.

Are you recovering your files one by one or collectively (by extension, by folder or whatever)?

We are all keeping our fingers crossed for you :smile: Congratulations on your stubbornness! :thumb_up:
Thanks!
Tonight or tomorrow, I'll try to redo my path to use Ubuntu, to explain the few I understood. It will be in another topic.

Concerning files, I saw 3 photos outside of folders in the PUblic area - like I left them. I saw the 3 thumbnails correctly. For those it's ok, and I took them like that.
I took by files all I could in other areas.
But mainly, I took by folders (sometimes by folders in folders, to divide the work in several times for laptop and flash drives).

Question now: I know hard drive isn't pretty good. But do you think I can try a 'reinstallation' of the laptop as when leaving the factory, then just reinstall Daz and Poser? I doubt just "to do a fix" is enough.
I know I can't take the risk to save things onto now, but maybe I can with flash drives.
That could allow for a moment to don't use my W10 comp to do 3D. Just to go on the web, or make postwork.

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2017, 02:09:07 PM »
Pictures and some written documents I kept for FRM are always complete. They come from a folder contening folders (and it was one of 2 first I took earlier).  :knightcheer2:

Chiron

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2017, 02:29:23 PM »
Question now: I know hard drive isn't pretty good. But do you think I can try a 'reinstallation' of the laptop as when leaving the factory, then just reinstall Daz and Poser? I doubt just "to do a fix" is enough.
I know I can't take the risk to save things onto now, but maybe I can with flash drives.
That could allow for a moment to don't use my W10 comp to do 3D. Just to go on the web, or make postwork.

Hmmm, better wait until the last of your files is safely copied onto an USB or an external disk - first things first, right?

Then to carry on a reinstallation you will need two things: a healthy hard drive and a source for the system that you want to reinstall, be it an installation DVD or an image borrowed from the identical (hardwarewise) laptop you told me about.

- Healthy hard disk: it is possible (though not very likely) that the catastrophe happened for other causes than a hard disk failure (maybe a software problem that erased a few key-sectors, who knows?). Thus before reinstalling on the same disk you should first run a thorough hard disk test - there are several free programs to do that. If the disk passes the test OK, else you'll need a new one (1 TB -> ~€60) and some screwdriver work (not really much *).

- System source: a 'system recovery' would require anyway a Win8.1 installation DVD. If (or when :winks:) you have one, you must decide if you want to try a system recovery or to go for a clean installation from scratch, disk formatting included. Personally I would opt for the latter, but it's a matter of taste.

*) If you find a safe way to send me your laptop I'd be happy to volunteer the screwdriver work and maybe also the hard disk - I might have a spare one somewhere :smile:

Offline mtdana

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2017, 02:51:33 PM »
Sorry your laptop went bad Aelin  :ghost: . Glad you found a solution to recover files - and I'll cross my fingers it wasn't a hardware problem and you will be able to reinstall !!! :knightcheer2:

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2017, 02:58:43 PM »
I agree...gather up all you can including program downloads and save them on the MemSticks or External. 

I keep a copy of programs that I download on One Drive also.  Makes for a good backup.   

Then start your tinkering.....

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2017, 03:18:53 PM »
I don't want to touch the hard disk for the moment, like I'm not 100% sure I took everything. I must think on that, don't worry.

I saved DS, Poser, PD Artists... not installed (and for a part installed in programs with add-ons or runtimes) on the external. And several USB.

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2017, 03:20:54 PM »
On another topic, this of W10 maybe.
I made change in Firefox to don't allow it to keep my passwords. THat's ok.

But weirdly when I enter my IDS, or comments on the gallery, computer remember what I wrote before :panic: An idea to stop that? I'm not able to find.

participial