Pommerlis

2024 Mar 29 04:11:22
 :easter5:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 28 06:20:23
 :easter5:

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98821
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 1285
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Sweet Corn Bread  (Read 647 times)

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Sweet Corn Bread
« on: November 27, 2015, 03:21:49 PM »
This isn't really a recipe. It's changes you can make to the recipe on the Quaker Corn Meal box/tub to make your cornbread sweet if you like sweet corn bread and not the more bland sort.

If you want to use better - i.e. non-GMO cornmeal, adapt whatever recipe you use for that. It's pretty straight forward, except for two things:

For the sugar cut the amount in half, and use both white and brown sugars for the whole of the original amount of sugar. Example: if it's 1 cup, use 1/2 cup white and 1/2 cup brown or cane. Brown works best because it's more wet and finely granular than cane and will carmelize easier....because....

Before you pour the batter into your 9x9 loaf pan, apply a stick of softened butter to the bottom of the pan and coat the bottom and sides rather well. If you need to smear it around  use a folded up paper towel you can spread it with like you would with your fingers.

Then make yourself a mix that's mostly the brown sugar with some cornmeal in it and distribute that as evenly as you can over the buttered pan bottom and sides. You have to kind of carefully tilt and coat, not letting it spill out, then when you have it like you want, hold the pan horizontally to the countertop and gently tap the bottom on the counter to shake out only the very loose stuff and discard or re-add to your mix if you have some left or plan to make more.

Spoon your batter over the bottom gently so as not to disturb the coating much. Once you get it covered well enough you can pour the rest in on top - gently.

Now the bottom of your pan will be coated with something that will carmelize on the bottom of the loaf to leave a bit of a sweet crust. That is as long as you don't bake it too long and overcook it. Once you see it's starting to brown on the top and bottom, check it often.

Otherwise cook it all by that recipe. Great slightly cooled and liberally buttered!

You can use it with cup-cake pans or corn-bread molds as well but I'd recommend you have something other than the commonly sold coated aluminum ones (Bakers Secret sort). You run the risk of a burned sticky mess when you use those. Of course you can't use this with cupcake papers in the bottom.

Not done it with cast-iron but maybe one of you has? Fafnir? dRaCx?

I know, I'm a cornbread 'slob' but i love it like this.