Chat Room

What's Up

thelufias

2024 Apr 17 10:53:32
Gooooooood Morning EVERYONE....It's Wet Wednesday...

Radkres

2024 Apr 16 02:03:49
O.o Might Talk to the On Call Nurse And Ask about it. :MARILY:

thelufias

2024 Apr 16 10:02:29
Don't let it get out of hand...

vash99

2024 Apr 15 11:30:46
my lower left side is bugging me today

Fafnir

2024 Apr 14 04:49:26
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 11 09:36:15
yeppers :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 11 09:32:52
Always great having a "Good Team" caring for you.

vash99

2024 Apr 10 10:02:05
yeah i am their a good team

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 10 07:24:44
Not sure if it is just us but we used to love a good steak and now when we get one and cook them up...they taste bland no matter what we do to them. WAAA!

thelufias

2024 Apr 09 08:07:08
Good to see them taking good care of you...and you taking care of you.

vash99

2024 Apr 08 09:43:28
got the chemo list today , 2 drugs one pill one iv twice a month

thelufias

2024 Apr 06 06:40:04
Glad you're back...Yup...Moving operating systems is not a good thing...

AngellsGraphics

2024 Apr 05 11:39:42
Glad to be back after my nasty pc crash trying to move my windows to an ssd, got rid of my windows and never transferred.  :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 05 12:16:47
Don't zoom to fast...we still have Dragons flying around

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 05 11:38:44
Just zooming by saying hello!

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Fae in Pink © AngellsGraphics

TOTW

Witch of the Westmoreland © Paul

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99173
  • Total Topics: 12298
  • Online Today: 854
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Free Scripts for 3D StudioMax  (Read 1488 times)

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
Free Scripts for 3D StudioMax
« on: November 25, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »
Updated 05.21.2018

http://www.luisllamas.es/spline-ffd/
Spline FFD is a tool that allows you to move multiple vertices at once, moving the points of a spline.
With Spline FFD you can select a number of points on a mesh and creates a spline that passes through these points. By moving the points of the spline, the original mesh vertices move properly.
You can change the number of segments that divide the spline. For example, a single segment points move in a straight line. A greater number of points needed to adjust to the original mesh as this increases the complexity.
Spline FFD can also be used in closed contours, making it a useful tool for generating seams and joints. In these cases we recommend a minimum of 6 segments to achieve a proper fit.
Finally, remember that you can change the type of vertex at any time, from smooth to beizer or corner vertex, and use the handles to change the shape of the spline.

Polynurbs is a tool to convert nurbs objects to quad poly.
  • Convert a nurbs lattice to poly object (so you can turn on subD in your poly, and they will have the same shape).
  • Convert poly object to nurbs lattice (inverse operation. Note: only patch-like meshes can be converted, due to nurbs maths)
  • Convert a nurbs object to poly object, fitting points in their surface (with SubD activated, this poly will no fit your nurbs, due to hull convexity propiertie)
  • Additionally, it can convert spline to nurbs, and nurbs to spline.

Super Grid is the ultimate reference system, based on grid helpers.
  • One face. Creates a grid in the middle of the face, aligned with the selected face..
  • One edge. Creates a grid in the middle of the edge, and normal to the selected edge.
  • Three verts. Creates a grid in the median of the verts, aligned with the plane define by this verts.
  • Loop. Creates a grid in the mid point of the loop (Mainly designed to work with closed loops)
  • Three points. Creates a grid in the median of the points, aligned with the plane define by theses verts.
  • Two points. Creates a grid in the middle of the points, normal to the plane define by these points.

All available FREE by Luis Llamas at his site, at the bottom of each page there are the installation instructions
He has a tutorial vidoe on how to use them also for each item. and the download link.

Most likely they are for PC users but not sure so if you use Mac and have 3DS then give it a try and let us know

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline HadCancer

• Attic Crusader
  • 1000 Grand Roller
Re: Free Scripts for 3D StudioMax
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 07:39:09 PM »
Smile, I guess I will grab this one as I do have the 2011 version. What you talked about went over my head. I have opened the program and watched the tutorials that came with the program that launch when you first open the program. I have rendered one poser scene in this program but that is the extent of it. I know it is supposed to do a lot of things, but I am to lazy and stupid to use it.

Now if you would just come to Oregon and show me how to use the darn program that would be double sweet.

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 08:26:16 PM »
Well you can join me in the dunce corner. I have tried so many programs for modeling--mind you not this one cause it costs way too much for me, like Maya and Vue and all them other ones.

All modelling programs are so much smarter than me cause I can't get them to work at all. Even if I follow a tut for them...lol
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline HadCancer

• Attic Crusader
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 09:45:33 PM »
The only reason I own such a ridiculously expensive complicated program was I had money then and I spotted a screaming deal for it on e-bay. I suspected it was a pirate version when the seller had me download the trail version then gave me the cert. number, but it registered just fine, and I get all these invites to video seminars for free. I signed up for one once, but left after I saw they were going over all the upgrades on the 2012 model, so I dropped on in the middle of it. They even called my house to find out why i dropped out. I told them I did not even know how to use what I had. Someday, I know I should go online and see there tutorial section. At one time, I was hoping to go to school. Unfortunately, right after I got the program the College system in my area had to make cuts, and they cut out all there art programs, so there you go. I did download the tools though, with my luck it will only work with the current version. Seems I have had the problem come up more and more with my Poser. I know it is on sale and if I had the money I would likely get at least the 9 version. With it being on sale though that usually means they are about to come out with a newer version next year.

Offline FrahHawk

• Thundering Hawk
  • Attic Icon
  • It always begins with a dream...
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 09:52:28 PM »
I had gotten Max way back in 2002 as a student for use at home so I could keep up with homework... This is bad because as soon as I graduated, the school went belly up. The computer had acted up several times and when I switched my OS to Win7, guess what happened??? Max decided it wasn't going to play nice and stop working. I gave up after that... They don't support legacy software and the price they are asking to upgrade is more than my computer is worth. Sooo no thanks... I'll go to Blender... if I can  just figure out how to use the bloody blammed thing!!!! :tearlaugh:
When life gives you lemons, freeze them and throw them back at the bastards. :hawk:
9/11/01 never forget...

Offline HadCancer

• Attic Crusader
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 10:31:01 PM »
I had gotten Max way back in 2002 as a student for use at home so I could keep up with homework... This is bad because as soon as I graduated, the school went belly up. The computer had acted up several times and when I switched my OS to Win7, guess what happened??? Max decided it wasn't going to play nice and stop working. I gave up after that... They don't support legacy software and the price they are asking to upgrade is more than my computer is worth. Sooo no thanks... I'll go to Blender... if I can  just figure out how to use the bloody blammed thing!!!! :tearlaugh:

When I got my version I was offered the Student version but the student version now comes with a time limit of 2 years. I opted for the no time limit one, but I screwed up. The guy had me download the trial version and it is 32 bit and my system is 64 bit. It runs but only uses half the processor. Well since I have not used it at all I guess it does not matter. If I ever want to make some neat things I guess I would have to learn.

Offline FrahHawk

• Thundering Hawk
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 08:19:01 AM »
Well since I have not used it at all I guess it does not matter. If I ever want to make some neat things I guess I would have to learn.
One thing for sure tho... You need to go back to school to learn how to use it. There's no way to learn how to use this behemoth of a modeling program (in terms of price and usability) on your own even from the online or printer tuts. :tearlaugh:
When life gives you lemons, freeze them and throw them back at the bastards. :hawk:
9/11/01 never forget...

Offline HadCancer

• Attic Crusader
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 01:23:12 AM »
Well that's not good. No schools here have art classes anymore. I guess the closest would be a 3 hour drive for me one way. I could not afford the gas. At least I did not pay the big bucks for it.

Offline FrahHawk

• Thundering Hawk
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 12:06:23 PM »
It won't be an art class offering, tho. It's usually under either computer science or computer arts media or digital media but  not art.... :tearlaugh: Anyway it's moot point because it has to be taught in a specialized program like digital media communication or computer animation or something in that regards and that's like a higher level learning environment, like a college. Me??? Personally, after learning all I could in class and then finding out that Win 7 and 3D Max hate each other, gave up and looked elsewhere. :tearlaugh:
9/11/01 never forget...

participial