Chat Room

What's Up

Fafnir

2024 Mar 28 06:20:23
 :easter5:

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

vash99

2024 Mar 18 09:45:35
the food is overseasoned and they wake u up every two hours to check vitals, blood test , give the occasional tylonol  i got more sleep in one night home last night than four days in the hospital lolon another note i found the fifth incision its a lot longer than the rest and it stings

thelufias

2024 Mar 18 10:49:35
I know what you mean Vash...They wake you up to give you a sleeping pill LOL

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98813
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 1238
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: How-To's twixt DS and Poser  (Read 8283 times)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
How-To's twixt DS and Poser
« on: February 19, 2016, 10:04:17 AM »
Ah, seems like a reasonable starter.  To Agent0013 in particular, I am ready and willing, DS 4.8 Pro 64 bit and PP 2014 and PP 11 ready to go side by side.  :o)

Now, I have a question about OBJ's.  Studio does export OBJ and Poser is getting them in, but only as a rigid prop.  No bones, joints etc.  Is that how that is supposed to work?
What content do I have installed now:  LOTS!  For DS 4.5 and up, most stuff will work I suppose.  For DS 3.0A 64 bit, lots of DS stuff still works an most Poser stuff.  For the OLD DS's, I only installed that early pre 1.0 beta 0.9.7.2

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: How-To's twixt DS and Poser
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 10:16:48 AM »
Hummmm, I'm thinking I'll become involved in this area also.  Got Daz, Poser 5, 7, and 11 but "Got them" is about as far as I've gotten  :tearlaugh:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 10:22:16 AM »
Cool!  Do you have any content?  Figures, props, environments etc. ?

McG.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 10:29:02 AM »
I have Poser 10 and DS3 and 4.
Not sure to understand the question (hum my brain is consufed more than usual with english since yesterday :psycho: ). But for my use, i have 2 possibilities:

1)
- i export the object format from DS. Textures aren't save on.
- i import the new object in Poser, then put texture by texture in it. And sometimes need to change scale.

2)
- i use "PP2 exporter" to create the object in pp2; and you choose the place in the runtime for obj and pp2 formats.
- Normally it is in good scale to work in Poser with. And textures are there.

Just i don't remember where i found "PP2 exporter". I try to find for you.
Check FRM for great products

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 10:39:57 AM »
Ok, for PP2 exporter: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/59598/make-poser-props-pp2exporter-by-duke533-now-works-in-ds4-8

Now, if i read again you. When you export an object, it's an .obj format. Riggid stuff.
In DS4 i know we have a possibility for cr2 (joints and co), but i don't know how use.

After, you can made a cr2 in Poser also. I'm in more than DIY way, not perfect at all.

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 10:56:22 AM »
McGrandpa....I have Externals full of content....and I have no idea what most of it is :tearlaugh:   But I AM in the process of organizing....somewhat....the content I do have.  My problem is.....I'M A FREEBEHOLIC  :thud:

Can't resist them...and even sadder...I don't care if I can use them or not.... 

I always say.... "I might be able to use it someday so better get it now while it's free"  :tearlaugh:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 11:49:07 AM »
Just droppin' in - not that I'll likely add anything to this conversation as I know nada about DAZ really.

Good job! :thumb_up:

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 12:28:07 PM »
Ah, seems like a reasonable starter.  To Agent0013 in particular, I am ready and willing, DS 4.8 Pro 64 bit and PP 2014 and PP 11 ready to go side by side.  :o)

Now, I have a question about OBJ's.  Studio does export OBJ and Poser is getting them in, but only as a rigid prop.  No bones, joints etc.  Is that how that is supposed to work?
What content do I have installed now:  LOTS!  For DS 4.5 and up, most stuff will work I suppose.  For DS 3.0A 64 bit, lots of DS stuff still works an most Poser stuff.  For the OLD DS's, I only installed that early pre 1.0 beta 0.9.7.2
Well now, this is actually a good topic for my first post.

Exporting in Wavefront.obj format (commonly known as OBJ), you only get a ridgid model. For keeping the textures intact there are special settings included in the export popup window, and one must know which settings to tick. There is a special setting that will optimize materials for Bryce, which you only use when exporting for import into Bryce.

No rigging can be transferred by way of any OBJ. That is a whole other process, which I still have no clue how to do, but if you wish to use a rigged model from DAZ Studio in Poser, the format must either be .cr2 for figures, or .pz2 for articulated props. DAZ Studio formats cannot be used in Poser, hence the DSON Importer, which was made to convert DAZ Studio formatted files to Poser formats. At least that is how I understand DSON. Mind you I have not, nor do I have the desire to use DSON; thus I could be wrong about what I have said here about it. I suggest doing research to find good information concerning that topic.

My answer concerning the OBJ format is correct though. The reason I know this is because I was trying to do Rigging early on in Blender, and exporting it in OBJ for DAZ Studio. The model made it in, but the rigging did not! So I did research concerning export formats, asking questions and getting answers. There is an export format that is supposed to include the "Bones" style rigging, which by the way is properly named "Armature Rigging". This format, if memory serves, is Collada.dae. In my experience with it though, the rigging gets wonked in the process so that you wind up with a useless model. Yes I tried that as well.

Really the armature rigging used in one application will normally not work in another, although there is the exception of .cr2 formatted files which can be use by both Poser and DAZ Studio.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 12:43:57 PM »
As far as Poser is concerned regarding prop .objs the .obj file is just a writing of all the mesh x,y,z point locations. That's all it is, so no you can't import rigging through the .obj - which is a 'static prop' - i.e. it doesn't do anything but be what it is - a skull, a guitar, a standard sword or a phone, etc. I think that's fairly well typical in all 3D programs, which is why rigging won't export. It's just a pure geometry file...if it's saved as an .obj and not a .cr2 or whatever. 

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 01:32:13 PM »
Yes, materials of Bryce aren't usuable in Daz, or it's very difficult. The reason for why when i create in Bryce, i export without textures.
I use the UV Mapper to choose an UV.

cr2 can be for characters, but also for furnitures, doors mainly. It was my struggle when to parkdalegardener helped me; but doors of pp2 had problems in Daz, so i made in cr2 format, with joint editor in Poser.
http://freezone.thefantasiesattic.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_140&products_id=784
You import part by part the future stuff, to "glue" all. After, you need to prepare the hierarchie in tree of "props" to have a "figure" which isn't a figure. And uncheck the "bend" option when you want not this.
You need to 'center' as you want the equilibrium point to turn your doors for example.
It's all i remember for the moment.

I can't answer for DS4 and cr2, because i don't understand this part of program.
And i'm afraid that without DSON you can't use in Poser.
I work only with Poser for cr2.

participial