Pommerlis

2024 Mar 29 04:11:22
 :easter5:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 28 06:20:23
 :easter5:

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98821
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 1285
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: How-To's twixt DS and Poser  (Read 8284 times)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
Re: How-To's twixt DS and Poser
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2016, 12:49:29 AM »
Concerning DSON:  cuss it all you need to!  Go ahead, I sure did!  LOL!  UNTIL a nice bunch of friends over at DAZ made sure I got each of the very simple points right when installing.  I was putting it in the completely wrong folder.  So it did nothing whatsoever when I clicked on it in the script menu.  When I dropped it in the right folder and restarted Poser, it worked a treat right off!  You might want to go to its script menu and UNCHECK the box for showing progress.  Speeds things up a *LOT*!!!
So, the DSON Importer for Poser is NOT from the devs at Smith Micro.  Nope.  It is from a couple nice folks at DAZ is who.   Hey, not everyone over at DAZ has turned into Poser Hating Monsters.  A bunch of folks there use Poser as well as Studio.  I MUCH prefer my Poser interface. 
Anyhow.  Get DSON to work?  Gotta use the 32 bit version with the 32 bit Poser.  And 64 bit with 64 bit.  Simple, but I made this mistake at first too.  Whatever ya COULD do wrong, I DID wrong.  And still got it working.  Now I feel like a dummie!
McG.

Online Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2016, 03:10:16 AM »
Hey gang hey gang!  Y'all check this out:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/genesis-3-poser-updater/76121

I just got a notice from Renderosity about this item from WillDial.  A FREEBIE!   :OMFG: :heeheehee:

Hey so far it is a working method.  In fact, it has already done something I never could.  And it comes from WillDials knowledge in using DS and Poser.  I haven't even installed his "Poser Updater" part yet.  And I have a complete G3F loaded into Poser Pro 11 with the full texture.  Clothing?  Not so much, exactly.  Ghost clothing.  I mean DS makes the clothing part of body parts right?  Poser don't do that.
SO.  Make sure you got a nicely skinned and morphed G3F loaded into DS first, and make sure she has no clothes or props, no hair.  That stuff can all be added in POSER.  :o)
Yeah, I'm serious!  I have a functioning (mostly) G3F loaded into PP 11 just using DS 4.8 to convert figure to TriAX weight mapping, save as a scene subset, then create PCF's for it.  Bingo, it loads!! 
Now to install the utility that allows facial expressions.  Guess it converts the ghost bones to bones?
McG.
They made the promo on the Daz newsletter also. But to have G3F, you need to install her DS4, no? So why use Poser 11 in these conditions?
Any case i have Poser 10 like guys, so i'm not concerned.

Edit (11:05AM here) : i look a little more on Renderosity, and many people can't use the pack, because G3F is invisible.
Check FRM for great products

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2016, 03:29:50 AM »
One thing Poser can do that DAZ cannot is make certain materials emit light that actually glows. Let's say you have a ship that has tiny windows and lights. By assigning a value of more that 1 to the ambient color in the Materials Room you can cause some or all of the windows to glow, and that glow will shine on nearby objects. The way DAZ Studio works, you have to go through a series of several more steps, and you have to use certain light emitting objects.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2016, 03:38:50 AM »
 :hypno: Even if i know than Ravyn leave us one tuto for lights (i have the link in favourites i know) i haven't really touch to lights many in Poser. One step by one step.
2 days ago, i made a render with dynamic clothes, and i wished end the scene yesterday with a passage in Photoshop. But with news of the 3D world, i need to take a big moment to do other things :hypno:

At least now in Poser i can use dynamics, create materials (more basics it's true), create cr2 and correct pp2 for structure.
A pp2 create in Daz and imported in Poser? I had just the door in Poser :thud: But the same furniture creates in Poser then put in Daz, i have all the furniture...
So even if my computer isn't always happy, i will work a little more with Poser.

And for my part, i'm disappointed that Hexagon isn't on the list of development. I work a little with it, and on the forum we have a topic bringing us towards a great tutorials site.

Offline M-Callahan

• Attic Projectionist
  • Attic Icon
  • Bow Ties are cool.
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2016, 03:52:11 AM »
I like Hexagon because you can create organic shape very easily.  It good for creating landscape props like trees and rocks.  Other than that I use lightwave for other things like buildings and hard shaped objects.

I believe Daz is trying to sell Shade now.  It was ok, but it was a part of Curious Labs and e-frontier.  I believe that it was dropped by Mirco Smith when they took over Poser. 

I would like to see Hexagon upgraded too.
Round up all the usual suspects!

Online Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2016, 04:09:01 AM »
I like Hexagon because you can create organic shape very easily.  It good for creating landscape props like trees and rocks.  Other than that I use lightwave for other things like buildings and hard shaped objects.

I believe Daz is trying to sell Shade now.  It was ok, but it was a part of Curious Labs and e-frontier.  I believe that it was dropped by Mirco Smith when they took over Poser. 

In my "one day to do" i want try for a plant, you give me the confirmation :ty: But only if days stop to eat hours :psycho: because i haven't time for the moment.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2016, 04:33:46 AM »

I bought Shade 7, then upgraded years later to 8.   Now it's up there to like 12 or something.  And I distinctly recall seeing it being sold recently at Smith Micro.  And DAZ.  Never really figured it out either. 

I tell ya what's a bother:  Getting all these wonderful tutorial videos and not be able to understand anything the presenter is saying.  I have hearing problems, and none of these people making the vids are well practiced speakers.  And there are no lips to read.   So I struggle with the stuff.  :(

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2016, 08:39:49 AM »
Wow I got it working!   I had messed up some selection in the DS Save As >Scene Subset part.  Anyway, I deleted all the mistakes and started from scratch fresh.  This time it didn't error out, and the G3F loaded into PP 11 perfectly.  I am tickled pea green now!  LOL!
McG.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2016, 01:16:57 PM »
Have you tried the Genesis 3 Poser Updater yet? I'm itching to find out from a friend or two how well it works.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Offline M-Callahan

• Attic Projectionist
  • Attic Icon
  • Bow Ties are cool.
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2016, 03:31:26 AM »
In my "one day to do" i want try for a plant, you give me the confirmation :ty: But only if days stop to eat hours :psycho: because i haven't time for the moment.

Recently between getting going through paperwork and red tape to get my retirement pay and seeing doctors, I will try to get you a tutorial in making trees.  Can't promise when it will get here but should be available in about two week or alittle more.
Round up all the usual suspects!