Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

===============

Halloween  and Christmas Gifts Pages have been moved to FreeZone or FRMarket, again thanks to all that came out to play.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

March COTM Winner

It's Alive: Frankenstein: by Mary Shelley - 1818 © M-Callahan

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Album is HERE

MARCH CONTEST

Ches ~ The Claws of Sunsets ~ Fractured Fairytales ~ March 2018 Winners. Details found HERE

NEW!!

April 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Magic and Pets
is your COTM challenge for April. As always, enter until April 30th, 2018

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Author Topic: Bigfoot?  (Read 2657 times)

Offline AmirA

• Jungle Girl
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • AmirA's Art
Bigfoot?
« on: January 10, 2014, 10:17:19 AM »
Ding dong Bigfoot is gone or so they say...Do you believe or agree?  :lurker:

http://www.disclose.tv/news/Sorry_Guys_Bigfoot_Is_Dead_Cause_This_Guy_Shot_Him/98186
~ A freak like me, just needs infinity! ~

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: Bigfoot?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 11:53:36 AM »
Not sure at all.....   :waveass:

Ohhhh....You said Big Foot.....  I thought you said "Barefoot"

I have no clue...but I'm sure ABM will....  :thumb_up:
We Shall Stand

Offline ArtByMivan

• Attic Tin Man
  • Just In
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 12:42:19 PM »
Having lived by myself in the hammocks (swamps) of Florida for over 5 years my experiences make me one of the believers. If this man in fact has a body he is a fool to sit on it for so long. It would be the anthropological upset of the last three centuries. Not to mention being worth millions. It would blow duck dynasty off the airwaves. Is that enough Luffe? hi5-3:

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 01:04:39 PM »
Yup....I leave it to the experts when it comes to this stuff   :woohoo: hi5-3:
We Shall Stand

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Ranking poster
  • "Attic Mad Scientist" Lab rats welcome!
    • ShareCG Page
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 03:46:56 PM »
I'm not inclined to believe anything from Rick Dyer; not after his 2008 bigfoot hoax. If you use a bit of google-fu you'll find that the experts aren't impressed at all.

Another thing that ticks me off is that he would waste several hundred dollars worth produce to push yet another hoax while there are little children starving even in our own country. If this is indeed another hoax like before then I think this man should be taken out in the woods and shot himself. People like him shouldn't be allowed to breed!

Characters/Props for Poser & Game Engines.

Offline AmirA

• Jungle Girl
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • AmirA's Art
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 03:02:44 AM »
Thanx all. Glad to have some input from other readers.  hi5-3:

Offline ArtByMivan

• Attic Tin Man
  • Just In
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 10:57:28 AM »
If you really want a thrill there are some areas of the Sierra Madres in California the native Americans will not go. According to their legend there was a war between the indians and the bigfoot many many years ago. Eventually a truce was reached and now the indians will not go into the areas controlled by bigfoot and vice versa. Quite an animal from the descriptions; capable of carrying two 400lb hogs, one under each arm while stepping over a barbed wire fence, using fire, running up a 45 degree incline, lifting full sized trees and shoving them deeply into the ground with the rootball facing up to mark their territory and causing adult grizzleys to flee.

Offline AmirA

• Jungle Girl
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • AmirA's Art
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 01:33:30 AM »
I love these type of stories. Thanx for sharing.  hi5-3:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 02:29:56 AM »
This is an actual Native American site Amira. It is not a site where people are claiming things that may or may not be true or have some agenda in saying what they say:

http://www.native-languages.org/legends-bigfoot.htm

Offline AmirA

• Jungle Girl
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • AmirA's Art
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 02:32:59 AM »
Thanx for the link. Gonna have a look... :woohoo:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 02:43:21 AM »
Not quite as previously stated I'm afraid. :-p

Offline AmirA

• Jungle Girl
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • AmirA's Art
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 02:49:39 AM »
 :thumb_up:

Offline ArtByMivan

• Attic Tin Man
  • Just In
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 06:10:14 AM »
I am one of those who don't believe these stories are myths or made up fantasies. I believe they in fact have their basis in truthful observations and realities that although scarcely experienced by whites are common ocurrences to native Americans who have a much more intimate relationship with the natural world which the whites have lost. Frequently in historic literature you find indigenous peoples described as primitive, ignorant or uncivilised. Perhaps someday I will find what the word actually means instead of "not like us". As a youth I read Hawaii by James Michener more than once. Already a religious skeptic by the age of 10, the description of what was done to a happy and productive culture by the Christian missionaries was enough to put me over the edge to what would best be described as an angry agnostic. Unlike organised religions whose purpose is to indoctrinate, native culture lore is simply meant to inform and educate, leaving the individual to engage in first hand observation. A much more "spiritual" approach in my opinion.

Offline AmirA

• Jungle Girl
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • AmirA's Art
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 06:24:06 AM »
Mmm someone who I can talk to. Would love to chat about all these stuff as you menthioned. Primative yes, as we have a tribe, The San people who are still primitive here. Lives in the bush, with loin cloths and hunt with bows. They were the first people here, when Jan Van Riebeeck came to Cape Town. And now they are being outcast by the other tribes as nothing. So yes, as we have 11 tribes and 11 languages, we do get them. Africa is a big continent and alot are still yet to be discovered.

:Hi5:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 01:00:50 PM »
I am one of those who don't believe these stories are myths or made up fantasies. I believe they in fact have their basis in truthful observations and realities that although scarcely experienced by whites are common ocurrences to native Americans who have a much more intimate relationship with the natural world which the whites have lost. Frequently in historic literature you find indigenous peoples described as primitive, ignorant or uncivilised. Perhaps someday I will find what the word actually means instead of "not like us". As a youth I read Hawaii by James Michener more than once. Already a religious skeptic by the age of 10, the description of what was done to a happy and productive culture by the Christian missionaries was enough to put me over the edge to what would best be described as an angry agnostic. Unlike organised religions whose purpose is to indoctrinate, native culture lore is simply meant to inform and educate, leaving the individual to engage in first hand observation. A much more "spiritual" approach in my opinion.

I went through a period of reading Michener and others who wrote the same sort of books when I was a teen and kind of had the same reaction. I decided there was something wrong with the dogma I was hearing when I was 8. But the thing that really set me off was reading "Aztec" by Jennings (a most excellent book, btw) about what happened to the Aztecs when Hernan Cortez came with his armada. It opened my eyes bigtime to the skewed versions of history we are taught in grade-school and beyond. You'd have thought the explorers were some kind of saints, the way they told it in 5th grade. Never mind Christopher Columbus and what he did to the tribes he encountered.

I draw a distinction between being 'religious' and being 'spiritual'. You can be the latter without being the former. Yes indeed, we westerners  living in our big cities have most certainly lost touch with the natural world - unless we make an effort to visit it and appreciate it for what it is. That's why I went to a Native American site for the stories, because what you say is true regarding their stories ABM...all native people's stories. They're events and relations passed down between generations and actual experiences. It's a crime how they are treated. My great-great grandmother was Cherokee but listed on the census as 'white' and my mother never even knew her great grandma was Native American. No one would admit to it. :(

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg