Barbariandreams
Sanbie -- TheBrownOwl/Maggi
midnightvelvet -- Eblank
UteBigSmile -- SemiCharm
RedEyeCat (mmalbert)
theKatster
Summoner

Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes 2018 Platinum

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Happy Halloween

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
Portrait: Alma © Seliah

TOTW

Ragnamir © Artienne

Your Art Winner

Autumn Colours © MilosGulan

Monthly Winners

September COTM Winner

Curious Visitor © mtdana

Contest Information!

Album is HERE
Album is HERE

SEPTEMBER CONTEST WINNERS

Elient ~ The 11th Annual Magical School Daze ~ Hot Teacher ~ Sept. 2018 Contest

Winners Announced HERE

NEW!!

OCTOBER 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

The Monster Challenge
Contest Ends on October 31st, 2018

Album is HERE

~Weekly Competitions~

Your Art

Contest Sponsors

Our Weekly Contests are SAOTW and TOTW each gets a $15.00 gift card from Daz3D

DAZ3D

"Your Art" Weekly Contest

Gets to choose a $15.00 gift card from Daz3d OR 2 items from our Sponsor Showcase

Sponsor Showcase

Our monthly "Challenge Of The Month (COTM)" winner gets a $25.00 gift certificate from Renderosity.

Renderosity

Site Skins!

Welcome, Fed To Dustbunnies. Please login or register.
October 23, 2018, 05:26:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 291994
  • Total Topics: 14473
  • Online Today: 343
  • Online Ever: 403
  • (September 14, 2018, 11:05:24 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Poll

In the previous poll, you were given 5 additional magical abilities or choices of magic to use. Who or what gave them to you? Briefly describe how this came about...

Mage
Witch
Angel
Demon
Shaman
Fae
Dragon
Genie
Djinn
A God/Goddess
A Dark Stranger
Other (describe)

Author Topic: Attic Poll #6 ~ Where'd You Get That?  (Read 5519 times)

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: Attic Poll #6 ~ Where'd You Get That?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 05:03:30 PM »
Well, we can also make April a Month of Magic: 

The name April comes from the Greek goddess Aphrodite, who is identified with the Roman Venus. Because the Christian holiday of Easter sometimes falls in this month, the Anglo-Saxons and Franks called it Easter Month; of course, the word Easter comes originally from the name of the Pagan goddess Eostre, deity of Spring, fertiilty, and new life. The Romans called this month Aprilis, a time of unfolding leaves and flowers.

The Megalesia of Cybele, who was also known as Magna Mater (Great Mother) in both Phyrgia and Rome, celebrated the arrival of this goddess in Rome. In 204 BCE, Rome was in the midst of a great war with Hannibal. Things were going very badly for the Roman legions. Finally, the Romans sent a delegation to the Oracle at Delphi for an interpretation of their sacred Sibylline Books. This passage said that foreing invaders could only be driven away when the Mother of Mount Ida was transferred from Pessinus to Rome.

The oracle sent the delegation to the king of Pergamum in Asia Minor, where they were told that a black meteroite embodying the spirit of Cybele was. Pine trees from Mt. Ida, sacred to the goddess, were made into a ship, and the stone was transported from one sanctuary to another until it reached Rome. In about a year, Hannibal left Italy forever.

The Japanese Flower Festival has now become a celebration of Buddha's birth. In the older celebration, however, the people gathered wildflowers for the family shrine. Those in the Shinto faith placed wooden markers on the graves and said prayers.

The Roman festival of Cerealia celebrated the return of Proserpina to the Earth goddess Ceres. Our word "cereal" comes from the name Ceres. It was the time of planting grain. Ceres was the Roman equivalent to the Greek goddess Demeter.

Anahit of Phoenicia, Canaan, and Ur was portrayed as carrying an ankh and wearing horns and a Moon disk. She was known by many other names, among them Anat, Qadesh, Anait, and Anatu.

The Egyptians called their land Khemennu, or Land of the Moon. Plutarch wrote that they believed the Moon to be the Mother of the Universe. Although the goddess Bast was primarily considered to be a deity of the gentle Sun, she was also connected with the Moon.

The Floralia is still celebrated in many Central and Eastern European countries. It is a time to honor the goddess of flowers. People dress in gaily decorated costumes and wear flowers in their hair. Secretly delivering baskets of flowers on May Day is a remnant of this old festival.

During this month was also the Incan Ayrihua or Camay Inca Raymi, the Festival of the Inca.
We Shall Stand

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 05:32:25 PM »
The oracle sent the delegation to the king of Pergamum in Asia Minor, where they were told that a black meteroite embodying the spirit of Cybele was. Pine trees from Mt. Ida, sacred to the goddess, were made into a ship, and the stone was transported from one sanctuary to another until it reached Rome. In about a year, Hannibal left Italy forever.

You do know, don't you that the Kaaba stone that the Muslims revere is thought to be a meteoric stone? Before Islam even came along, the tribal Arabs worshipped a black stone which represented the goddess Allat.

Anahit of Phoenicia, Canaan, and Ur was portrayed as carrying an ankh and wearing horns and a Moon disk. She was known by many other names, among them Anat, Qadesh, Anait, and Anatu.

The goddess Anat was Hebrew, Phoenician and Ugaritic. She was the sister of Ba'al and equivalent to Sekhmet in Egypt. The Phoenicians also called her Tanit. The goddess Anahita was an Indo-Iranian goddess of the waters and fertility, and often conflated with Ishtar.

The Egyptians called their land Khemennu, or Land of the Moon. Plutarch wrote that they believed the Moon to be the Mother of the Universe. Although the goddess Bast was primarily considered to be a deity of the gentle Sun, she was also connected with the Moon.

Aiy-yai-yai.... Egypt was 'Khem' - the Black Land, so named for the Nile River mud which provided very fertile land for them to plant on. Khemenu or Khemennu was a city in Egypt where the Ogdoad (the Eight gods) were worshipped. Khem was also an Egyptian fertility god, who is properly known as Min or Khnum. The Egyptian god of the Moon was Khonsu.

Really, really -...... :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Okay I'm not gonna say any more. 'Tis a good topic for April though!

:3flower;

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 05:47:13 PM »
Good thing I just copy and paste what I find without trying to figure it out  :java:
We Shall Stand

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 06:20:03 PM »
Good thing I just copy and paste what I find without trying to figure it out  :java:

I know you do. :) Not a problem.

A lot of people also misquote Plutarch, and then other people copy and paste it and the error is repeated over and over. What he really said is this:

"Moreover, at the time of the new moon in the month of Phamenoth they celebrate a festival to which they give the name of "Osiris's coming to the Moon," and this marks the beginning of the spring. Thus they make the power of Osiris to be fixed in the Moon, and say that Isis, since she is generation, is associated with him. For this reason they also call the Moon the mother of the world, and they think that she has a nature both male and female, as she is receptive and made pregnant by the Sun, but she herself in turn emits and disseminates into the air generative principles." (from "Isis and Osiris" by Plutarch)

Sorry, I'm a total mythology geek and have been since I could read. Things like that make my brain hurt. :tearlaugh:

It is right now, the month of 'Phamenoth' btw - as of two days ago.

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »
Well, you'll have a ball here.  MAGIC  :woohoo:
We Shall Stand

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 08:15:39 PM »
Well, you'll have a ball here.  MAGIC  :woohoo:

Heh...not quite sure how you mean that, TL.   :iasku:

Not much there right now. She's 'housecleaning'.

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 08:23:24 PM »
Nope....it's working...but it takes a LONG time for everything to load up.  Tons of stuff on there...some relevant...some not...but interesting none the less.

Just got out of there after seeing what she's trying to do for 2014.....

And when I said "Have a Ball"....I'm talking about seeing how many items you don't agree with :tearlaugh:
We Shall Stand

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 08:34:13 PM »
Nope....it's working...but it takes a LONG time for everything to load up.  Tons of stuff on there...some relevant...some not...but interesting none the less.

Just got out of there after seeing what she's trying to do for 2014.....

And when I said "Have a Ball"....I'm talking about seeing how many items you don't agree with :tearlaugh:

I was afraid of that. Hahahaha. I grew up in a neighborhood that had several Rom families and I knew most all of them. My dad owned the neighborhood Laundromat. One of them lived across the street from me. They had 11 kids. It was fun playing with them!

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 08:37:31 PM »
I've been going to this place for a long time.  I'm not into it that much but I like the creator and her staff...they are a riot and like you said...they are interesting....  I guess you can say I'm an adapted Gypsy of sorts  :tearlaugh:
We Shall Stand

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 08:39:51 PM »
I've been going to this place for a long time.  I'm not into it that much but I like the creator and her staff...they are a riot and like you said...they are interesting....  I guess you can say I'm an adapted Gypsy of sorts  :tearlaugh:

Me too. Always had that 'soul' in me.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial