2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

December COTM Winner

Holiday Tradition © AmirA

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Poll

In the previous poll, you were given 5 additional magical abilities or choices of magic to use. Who or what gave them to you? Briefly describe how this came about...

Mage
Witch
Angel
Demon
Shaman
Fae
Dragon
Genie
Djinn
A God/Goddess
A Dark Stranger
Other (describe)

Author Topic: Attic Poll #6 ~ Where'd You Get That?  (Read 4513 times)

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: Attic Poll #6 ~ Where'd You Get That?
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2014, 12:54:38 AM »
I should tell you that when I first started reading what you were saying I picked up some negative vibrations. I am glad that you included your last comment. Since I do not know you that well it did come off a little challenging, but then what I have been saying is a little bit direct for some too. So I am trying to soften what I say. I definitely do not expect anyone to believe something because I say it. I am just responding to the poll in the only way that I could in that moment. Maybe some of you can see why I never seem to have more than one friend at a time. Don't know. But, I am happy with myself, by myself. Will continue to be me. If I'm too much just keep me in check. :)

I do always try to listen to other's ideas. Sometimes they are the messenger that brings my next insight. Of course, they have to be careful not to interrupt when I'm hot and heavy in creating an image, lol.

No worries.

Nah, I was just trying to explain my thoughts on it from my pov and I know that sometimes I do come off that way in writing. I am not particularly pc or delicate in how I put things but it's nothing to take affront to. I try to be as best I can, but I'm fairly blunt and it's just how I am. I'm a Scorpio with a Capricorn ascendant, and my Mercury and Mars are in Scorpio...if that's any excuse ;) 

No one should ever take what I say 'that way' here.

Offline zawarkal [in loving memory]

• In Loving Memory
  • Taking Root
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2014, 01:06:57 AM »
Oh, do you understand that astrology stuff?

I know that I am Pisces with Pisces Ascendant.  I just don't know what that means about me. Yeah, labels again...

Though, I have read somewhere that this does make me suitable for magic in my life.
Change your actions, change their reactions ~Nekale

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2014, 02:07:06 AM »
Oh, do you understand that astrology stuff?

I know that I am Pisces with Pisces Ascendant.  I just don't know what that means about me. Yeah, labels again...

Though, I have read somewhere that this does make me suitable for magic in my life.

Mostly, I understand what it is about me in my own chart - my signs. I know the general basic traits of most signs, but unless they're in my chart not enough to be terribly authoritative on it. Yes, Pisces can be rather 'other-worldly' and of a mystical bent, but that's largely true with the water signs period.

Scorpio as a sign has always fascinated me because - well, it's my sign, but it's also the only sign which has three different 'mascots' or icons: the scorpion, the serpent and the eagle. Yes, it is a 'label' but 95% of the Scorpios I've ever known are 'true to form' be it in the positive or negative. And as we are all made of the same elements as the stars and planets, I don't see why their positions at the time of our birth wouldn't have some affect upon our being. I think daily horoscopes are largely generalized and basically a lot of blah-blah, but when you get down into the particulars of your personal chart, things about yourself start to become more understandable. As for divining from it..."the year ahead", etc. it can only give you trends and possibilities. What you make of it is up to you...or not. Not something I 'live by'. I tried not to allow it to influence me for a long time in how I thought about myself, but then after living about 2/3's of my life I realized: I am most definitely one.

• In Loving Memory
  • Taking Root
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2014, 02:40:48 AM »
Did not know that about the serpent or the eagle. My Father is Scorpio. From what I can tell about you thus far, you two are not alike. It is funny though, my Mother has been collecting Eagles and they are all around the home office.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2014, 03:05:32 AM »
Did not know that about the serpent or the eagle. My Father is Scorpio. From what I can tell about you thus far, you two are not alike. It is funny though, my Mother has been collecting Eagles and they are all around the home office.

Was he born early in November or at the end of October? The 5% that I've known that were not typical Scorpios were often born in that time.

There is also a thing called 'precession' where the signs and planets and in fact everything 'out there' slowly changes position from our pov here on Earth. Jherrith recently asked me if I was a 'tropical' or 'sideral' Scorpio elsewhere in the forum. I'm a Scorpio both ways, but only barely tropically speaking. "Tropical" is common to Western Astrology, where the readings and assigned signs never move according to the precession of the ecliptic. "Sidereal" is common to East Indian Astrology (Jyotish), where they do account for the precession of the ecliptic (the band of stars that is the Zodiac, along which the planets travel from an Earthly perspective). That is to say 'sidereal' astrology is more correct in relations to the stars/signs.

Eagles are good :) I have a couple myself...along with all my dragons. 

• In Loving Memory
  • Taking Root
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2014, 03:25:27 AM »
yeah, I'm into dragons and crystals and... and... and...

not sure which date range I have been using; sidereal or tropical

He was Nov 10th

I am pisces on the old 12 zodiac and the 13 zodiac - on the cusp as born on 20th
interesting story, maybe, my Aunt also had the same birth date... she passed a rock to me which she says is an old indian plow used only by the females of the tribe... it does look like the shape that would work... lots of arrowheads around here -- anyhow I think it's interesting as like she is passing some type of feminine energy to me

My husband is Sagittarius on the old 12 zodiac and Ophiuchus on the 13 zodiac

there is a cave drawing I saw somewhere that has Sagittarius and Pisces symbol together... wish I could remember where, I would like to look at that closer

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2014, 06:18:12 AM »
Sidereal

Nov. 10th ~ Libra
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2014, 06:18:45 AM »
When I get home tonnight I will post the date ranges for the signs
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

• In Loving Memory
  • Taking Root
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2014, 06:44:30 AM »
I see from wiki. Sidereal my Father is Libra and Tropical he is Scorpio. In the 13 zodiac has is also a Libra so I can see why different.

I am still a Pisces in Sidereal, Tropical, and the New 13 Zodiac with the Pisces ascendant... I'm hardcore Pisces, except for all that cusp stuff in the Tropical

Sidereal, my husband is Scorpio... now he reminds me of Sidherose... Tropical he is Sagittarius... and new 13 zodiac he is Ophiuchus... gotta wonder what that means for a hardcore Pisces as a partner

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Ranking poster
  • "Attic Mad Scientist" Lab rats welcome!
    • ShareCG Page
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2014, 12:26:36 PM »
Please don’t misunderstand my words here but I don’t take much thought in all the ramblings of current Cults and New Age groupies. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and I do my best to honor that; however I have no use for all the Pseudoscience’s of the day.

If an individual came up to me and said they can control the elements, then I would toss them head first into a lake and demand they walk on water. If their words be true then they would emerge unharmed and dry. If they be false then I would leave them to their death and take no more thought of them or their words. If a man says to me “This flame will not harm my flesh.” I will toss him into a fire and test his words! If they be true then he shall emerge without blemish. If they be false? Well, then I shall enjoy his screams along with my favorite beverage until he is cooked and shall remember neither him nor his words ever again. I have no desire or need for empty words.

That’s just my take on things, take it for what it’s worth.
 :sleepdrag:

Characters/Props for Poser & Game Engines.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2014, 01:35:32 PM »
Please don’t misunderstand my words here but I don’t take much thought in all the ramblings of current Cults and New Age groupies. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and I do my best to honor that; however I have no use for all the Pseudoscience’s of the day.

If an individual came up to me and said they can control the elements, then I would toss them head first into a lake and demand they walk on water. If their words be true then they would emerge unharmed and dry. If they be false then I would leave them to their death and take no more thought of them or their words. If a man says to me “This flame will not harm my flesh.” I will toss him into a fire and test his words! If they be true then he shall emerge without blemish. If they be false? Well, then I shall enjoy his screams along with my favorite beverage until he is cooked and shall remember neither him nor his words ever again. I have no desire or need for empty words.

That’s just my take on things, take it for what it’s worth.
 :sleepdrag:

What here are you referring to as a 'pseudo-science' dRaCX? Just curious.

I don't think anyone in their 'right-mind' would claim to be able to control the elements in the way you describe. Only someone delusional would claim such a thing. Walking over hot coals has been done by many, and that's a case of mind over matter. 'Elemental workings' as put forth here are quite different from these claims and are definitely not 'new-agey'.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2014, 01:57:54 PM »

He was Nov 10th

there is a cave drawing I saw somewhere that has Sagittarius and Pisces symbol together... wish I could remember where, I would like to look at that closer

That would explain it re: your father not being 'Scorpian' in nature.

One has to be careful with arrow and spear signs in cave paintings, for some were drawn as hunting scenes.

If you find it, do post it.

Offline CalieVee

• Garden Gnome
  • Faeryl Womyn
    • Calie's Corner
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2014, 04:26:07 PM »
What was said earlier about not changing the past, that I have to disagree with.
There was an event in my past that, when it first happened, I viewed it as a bad thing.  At the time I felt hurt, betrayed and deeply angry about it and the person involved.  As such, I only remembered certain things about it with clarity and diminished the rest as unimportant.  It was nearly 15 years later that I started to re-examine my life and took a closer look at certain events.  That event I always viewed as bad started to change as I gave importance to all aspects of it instead of just certain things.  I no longer see it as bad and or the person involved.  I no longer feel hurt or betrayed, I even feel some admiration towards the person.
The end result was this.  I can not change the facts of the past, but I can change how I perceive them and what I want to remember about them and in reality, the past is simply a matter of what one chooses to remember and rarely does one remember all the facts of the past.
Faeryl :boofairy: Womyn

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2014, 07:15:32 PM »
What was said earlier about not changing the past, that I have to disagree with.
There was an event in my past that, when it first happened, I viewed it as a bad thing.  At the time I felt hurt, betrayed and deeply angry about it and the person involved.  As such, I only remembered certain things about it with clarity and diminished the rest as unimportant.  It was nearly 15 years later that I started to re-examine my life and took a closer look at certain events.  That event I always viewed as bad started to change as I gave importance to all aspects of it instead of just certain things.  I no longer see it as bad and or the person involved.  I no longer feel hurt or betrayed, I even feel some admiration towards the person.
The end result was this.  I can not change the facts of the past, but I can change how I perceive them and what I want to remember about them and in reality, the past is simply a matter of what one chooses to remember and rarely does one remember all the facts of the past.

Really, that's all you can change about the past - is how you look at, understand and perceive what happened. It doesn't change that which happened. "When one door closes, another one opens." It's always good to re-evaluate things like that from the past as a self-analysis tool.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2014, 07:55:52 PM »
Sidereal zodiac for those that desire:

Aries:  April 14 to May 14
Taurus:  May 15 to June 13
Gemini:  June 14 to July 15
Cancer:  July 16 to August 15
Leo:  August 16 to September 16
Virgo:  September 17 to October 16
Libra:  October 17 to November 15
Scorpio:  November 16 to December 16
Sagittarius:  December 17 to January 14
Capricorn:  January 15 to February 13
Aquarius:  February 14 to March 15
Pisces:  March 16 to April 13

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial