2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Poll

For Halloween do you.......  (Pick all that apply)

Dress up in a costume and Party
1 (5.6%)
Dress up in a costume and take the young ones out Trick or Treating
0 (0%)
Dress up in a costume and give out Candy
2 (11.1%)
Dress up in a costume and pretend you're a youngster and go out Trick or Treating
0 (0%)
You don't dress up...your scary enough as is
3 (16.7%)
You give out GOOD Candy (KitKats, Milky Ways etc...BIG ONES)
4 (22.2%)
You give out Candy Corn, unwrapped
1 (5.6%)
You give out Popcorn
0 (0%)
You give out pencils and other such nonsense
0 (0%)
You give out the Variety type of candy...all wrapped...(Lollipops, Licorice, Milk Duds...All small)
1 (5.6%)
You turn out all the lights and pretend your not home
1 (5.6%)
You Don't Celebrate Halloween since every day is spooky enough as is
1 (5.6%)
You Don't Celebrated Halloween because it's not your countries tradition
3 (16.7%)
I'm making up my own questions and listing them below....
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: HALLOWEEN r US  (Read 1109 times)

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
HALLOWEEN r US
« on: October 24, 2014, 08:26:01 PM »

Halloween is just around the corner so we figured we'd see if the kids should stay away from your place...or better yet....stay away from YOU.....

You can check off as many of the items that apply to you and yours from the above listing......

All comments are welcomed as always....and maybe some have things they do on Halloween that are pretty cool or insane....  In either case, I'm sure we'd like to hear them.

So have FUN and enjoy.... :hallosign:
We Shall Stand

Offline Wayii

• Kandosii dala
Re: HALLOWEEN r US
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 09:04:30 PM »
This year I've got a big rubber horsehead skull mask (normal net geeks just wear horse heads or unicorn heads), the lawn looks like Halloween exploded all over it (tombstones, ghosts, pumpkins, a zombie cat, a life sized skeleton and lots of lights) and we've got enough Good Candy to give a Catholic family diabetis.

Online Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 09:09:16 PM »
will have  good  candy  for the kids  and hope that they  come  this  year  I think  last  year they all went  to parties not house to  house  trick or  treating

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 10:06:35 PM »
I found out the year I moved to this Apartment Complex that buying 3 bags of candy was not a good thing if you don't have a back up plan on how to get rid of the candy.

I got  a total of 2 Trick or Treaters....  One was a child...the other was his mother :thud:

I use to run out of candy when I had my own house.....and had more fun scaring the kids that knocked on  the door then giving out the Candy...which earned me many a smack from the wife....

Now I buy one bag of candy...of stuff that I like....that will last the year if need be  :tearlaugh:

And yes, I still dress up....just to confuse the dog  :java:
We Shall Stand

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 10:46:08 PM »
I perform strange, dark rituals to contact the dead ancestors and seek knowledge that is forbidden to most...because you know, that's when the veil between the worlds is thinnest. One of two nights, any way. So, why would I encourage children to come knocking on my door? I might take a mind to eat them or something!!

:#1kitteh:

Seriously, I don't do that. I talk to angels instead.   :icu:

Our complex has a Halloween party for the kids at the clubhouse, so they don't really come around...which is fine by me. My door is always decorated for Halloween with spider webs...except for when they hose down the building in the summer. But then they're baaaaaack within 2-3 weeks. o.O  For some reason, they LOVE my doorway. I can't keep up with them, so I gave up. As long as they stay outside, we're good.

So 'festive' looking!

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 07:37:38 AM »
You Don't Celebrated Halloween because it's not your countries tradition
Unfortunately, in my town we don't celebrate Halloween.
At the start of 2000 years, we have many children who passed in shops, and a little at homes.
But store owners have stopped playing the game with candy after 2/3years. And there are few decorations or costumes associated with Halloween now here.
Especially the municipality installs Christmas decorations in September. So people haven't the head in Halloween celebration.

But i know that in some towns in France, Halloween is always celebrated.

It is unfortunate because it is an european/celtic festival in origin.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 07:43:05 AM »
It is unfortunate because it is an european/celtic festival in origin.

According to many scholars, All Hallows' Eve is a Christianized feast initially influenced by Celtic harvest festivals, with possible pagan roots, particularly the Gaelic Samhain. Other scholars maintain that it originated independently of Samhain and has solely Christian roots.
We Shall Stand

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 08:07:08 AM »
According to many scholars, All Hallows' Eve is a Christianized feast initially influenced by Celtic harvest festivals, with possible pagan roots, particularly the Gaelic Samhain. Other scholars maintain that it originated independently of Samhain and has solely Christian roots.
Christians installing their faith everywhere rushed to steal the dates of festivals, and diverting heroes and gods  for make with them saints.
It is not the subject, but on December 25 for Christ simply comes from the fact that the god Mithra was born on December 25.
And Candlemas on February 2, is originally a Celtic festival (I forget its name). A festival related to the goddess Brighid (goddess of fire), which became St. Bridget.
It's the same thing for many temples, which were become churchs.
So it's sure that Samhain and Halloween have the same roots, and Halloween is more or little divert of Samhain. The light in darkness because days get shorter; and a night of passage between worlds.
This does not prevent that we lost many things in connection with our roots in the last 3 centuries.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 08:24:50 AM »
You are very correct and indeed...much has been lost....or misinterpreted to say the least....
We Shall Stand

Offline FrahHawk

• Thundering Hawk
  • Attic Icon
  • It alway begins with a dream...
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 10:11:55 AM »
You are very correct and indeed...much has been lost....or misinterpreted to say the least....
And that is so sad because instead of embracing their heritage, they get scared away by the boogie monster. There is so much wisdom accumulated within the collective ancestral minds that we could stop all this sickness, wars, famine. *Sigh*... Humankind definitely is not the better form of life on this planet.
When life gives you lemons, freeze them and throw them back at the bastards. :hawk:

:keepauhandsoffa:

9/11/01 never forget...

Offline MarciaGomes

• Sweet Marci
  • Working It
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 10:28:17 AM »
Here in Brazil we do not celebrate Halloween, but the shops sell clothes and masks for Halloween and some children spend in my house to ask for candy, but I always forget to buy candy for the kids.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 11:50:49 AM »
Christians installing their faith everywhere rushed to steal the dates of festivals, and diverting heroes and gods  for make with them saints.
It is not the subject, but on December 25 for Christ simply comes from the fact that the god Mithra was born on December 25.
And Candlemas on February 2, is originally a Celtic festival (I forget its name). A festival related to the goddess Brighid (goddess of fire), which became St. Bridget.
It's the same thing for many temples, which were become churchs.
So it's sure that Samhain and Halloween have the same roots, and Halloween is more or little divert of Samhain. The light in darkness because days get shorter; and a night of passage between worlds.
This does not prevent that we lost many things in connection with our roots in the last 3 centuries.

I was gonna say.... But Aelin beat me to it. And thank you, Aelin! When I visited France, the house I stayed at was built on the foundations of a temple of Diana on a large hilltop. Right next door like 60 feet away was a Catholic church. There was also a 'sacred grove' there, which I was treated to seeing and that place was so full of 'otherworldly' vibes it was almost creepy. Indeed, many Christian churches were built on the foundations of old pagan temples or beside them. And, as you said, many gods and heros of pagans became 'saints', as well as the holy days being co-opted.

All Hallows Eve (Samhain) is most definitely not Christian in origin. It's a 'cross quarter' holy day, midway between The Autumnal Equinox and the Winter Solstice. The other night when the 'veil is thin' is Beltane Eve, between the Vernal Equinox and the Summer Solstice. The Sun 'stands still' on the solstices for three days and at the Winter Solstice, the days of darkness are the longest. There was evidently some fear amongst the ancient people that the Sun would continue moving south or north from it's solstice points and leave us. At Machu Pichu, there is a 'hitching post of the Sun' that pointed to the winter (I believe) solstice in it's time. There's Stonehenge, that also pointed to the solstices. Apparently, the Sun and Moon did disappear for a time as is related in several myths from Assyrian writings to the idea that Sol and Mani, the Nordic Sun and Moon were the 'new ones'. Possibly because of some celestial catastrophe that visited us. They were also terrified of eclipses and believed a wolf or serpent was devouring the Sun or Moon. That's all the light they had back then...besides fire, so they were rather important. The turning of the seasons was also extremely important, so they knew when to plant and harvest.

I believe the festival of Brigid is Imbolc, and Brigid is the Lady of Light wearing a wreath of candles on her brow...Candelmas. Ummm-hmmmm.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 11:54:17 AM »
We so love these little refresher courses,  as to properly research this in detail is so involved and takes many hours to dig through fact and fiction or just plain supposition.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 12:01:12 PM »
But even with all of today's technology scholars still argue about it's origin......as I stated....
We Shall Stand

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 12:02:09 PM »
Which makes for interesting conversations all around.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial