2018 Holiday Gift Drive

Ok, am collecting for the Community Gift Pages and you can follow the link to read about it.

Let me know if you wanna play tooooo.

2018 Holiday Gifting Drive

Gifting Participants

Pink = In my paws

CaliVee

Aelin

Chiron

ali_sen

robkelk

M-Callahan

CathyY

Arts4Sale

Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes 2018 Platinum

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
Madison © JVRenderer

TOTW

Time Lady © Jherrith

Your Art Winner

Future? Past? © eblank

Monthly Winners

JUNE COTM Winner

One Must Expect Surprises at the Border © rrkknight3

Announcements!

Album is HERE

JUNE CONTEST WINNERS

Kythorn ~ The Time of Flowers ~ Black and White ~ June 2018 Contest Winners have been announced details here

NEW!!

July 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

MUSES' CHOICE
is your COTM challenge for JULY. Contest Ends on July 31st, 2018

Album is HERE

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

In the Winners Circle

We have in this section, many winners that are recognized for their works.

SAOTW  and  TOTW These images are chosen at random from the many that are uploaded to the gallery for that week then when selected are announced.

Sponsored by DAZ with a $15.00 gift card for both contests. Our award images are also found within these walls. Congratulations to the winners and good luck to the rest of you.

Magic potion by Heitaikai

Author Topic: 2015 Contest~Weekly Contest~ Pinups and Portraits  (Read 12566 times)

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
2015 Contest~Weekly Contest~ Pinups and Portraits
« on: December 28, 2014, 03:31:37 PM »
Welcome to the 2015 PINUPS AND PORTRAITS contest.
This is sponsored  by XURGE, and the Fantasies Realm Market Sponsors

You may choose one of the following as your prize choice:

A $15 Gift Card from XURGE (Contact Jherrith if you want this prize)
or
(2) items from the Sponsors listed on the left side of the Sponsors Showcase page (Contact DarkAngel with your Choices)

The rules are as follows:

You can pick the subject of your choice be it Faes, Mermaids, Real Life, Sci Fi, Male, Female, Retro, etc, but each Pinup and Portrait can only contain one main subject.  In other words, a creation with a group of Mermaids is not considered a Pinup and will not be chosen.  Animals can be used in the pinups in conjunction with the main subject.

TASTEFUL NUDITY IS ALLOWED BUT THE CREATIONS WILL NOT BE USED ON OUR CALENDARS OR CAFE PRESS ITEMS.

How we pick the winners....We first make sure the creation meets the objectives listed above and also on creativity.  Because we have artist with different levels of skills we do not pick any creation based on the technical attributes of the creation.  The time period when a creation is entered into the Contest gallery does not matter.  Someone who puts a creation in the gallery in January may win a prize in June for that creation.

Enjoy and most of all Good Luck

And now for some basic guidelines and comments:

We will be using the art in this Contest on various items in Cafe Press and on our Calendars at LuLu.  An Announcement will be made when the Cafe Press store will open its doors in January.  LuLu Calendars for 2015 are on Sale now.

Cafe Press and LuLu are mainstream stores with products for sale to the general public, so as stated above, NO NUDITY but tasteful transparent clothing will be allowed.

Check the read me for all product used in your images, especially those freebies, for commercial use permission. All aspects of the picture must have permission for you the artist to use their product in a commercial project. It is up to you to make certain of this requirement.

By entering you do give The Fantasy Attic/J & L Productions permission to use your image without monetary compensation.

All monies earned from sales support the running of the site, its continual expansion and future projects.

SUGGESTIONS FOR IMAGES[/color]

Image Shapes and Sizes

Square images are good - preferably something 900 x 900 or larger.

Landscape images (long horizontally) that are some increment of 1200 x 900, 1400 x 1050, etc. are good.

Portrait images (long vertically) that are some increment of 900 x 1200, 1050 x 1400, etc. are good.

Why, you may ask? Because this makes it easier to size the images for the products that are available and will alleviate some cropping that may need to be done to get the image to fit.

Be aware that some cropping will occur, but I'd prefer to minimize it to maintain the integrity of your images.

Rendering, Painting, Fractals, Photography Resolutions

For rending: preferably, render your images and do your post-work at 200 dpi or greater. Then, when you save it to load it to the gallery, save it to the customary 72 dpi.

For digital paintings, photos, fractals etc.: again do your main work at 200 dpi or greater and save the image to the usual 72 dpi to upload it to the gallery.

Doing the original work at a higher resolution allows the image to be blown up, if need be, and still retain fairly crisp edges. Images rendered and done at 72 dpi that are blown up tend to get 'muddy' looking.

Signatures

Try to keep your signatures away from the very edges of the image. This is because when some items are printed, there is a 'bleed' area like with coaster tiles, where the edges wrap over onto the sides of the tiles. If your signature is too close to the edge, I will redo it so it doesn't 'bleed' over the edges. Also, don't make your signature really big, but big enough to be seen. Very large signatures somewhat detract from the image and that is what we want to present - your lovely image.

If you have any questions on these Image suggestions, please feel free to ask Sidherose and she will answer them as best as she can.

The 2015 Pinups & Portraits Weekly Contest Gallery is now open and can be found HERE
We Shall Stand

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: 2015 Contest~Weekly Contest~ Pinups and Portraits
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 03:33:27 PM »
:heeheehee: Ah this has potential do it not.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 03:38:40 PM »
And for the 200dpi, we keep on pc/external or others, until the end of contest?

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 05:11:26 PM »
Well, according to this guy we don't need 200-300 dpi. He's printing a long time, so it would seem he knows what he's saying.

I know DAZ users can't go above 96 dpi without making their images twice as big as they need to be and then halving the size. That is: making an image 2000x2000 pixels and then reducing it to 1000x1000 and it's still not 200 dpi but 192 dpi.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 05:16:49 PM »
The main issue that I've seen with some images we have is jpg artifacts. You may have a lovely image, but it's got a lot of artifacts in it.

If you don't know what that is, zoom in to your image and see if you have any blocky, smeared looking pixels. This happens particularly with points of light on light colored backgrounds - especially if they might be glowing around the lights. If you can see those, then the image isn't going to print well. It's going to look 'mushy'.

Just try to make your images as clean as possible when you submit them.

Offline Amaranth

• Bumblebee
  • Sponsors
  • Attic Icon
  • Do No Harm
    • Art by Amaranth
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 05:21:36 PM »
 :woohoo:

(finally) portraits !!!

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 05:23:01 PM »
I work with Daz. I was go on Photoshop, and pass picture to 96dpi to 200dpi. No these strange 'tiles', just usual squares.

My problem is just to lnow that i make with the better picture (200dpi) when the 72dpi go on gallery.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 05:38:34 PM »
I work with Daz. I was go on Photoshop, and pass picture to 96dpi to 200dpi. No these strange 'tiles', just usual squares.

My problem is just to lnow that i make with the better picture (200dpi) when the 72dpi go on gallery.

The thing is, Aelin - I have the images that are posted in the gallery that win. I can take them in Photoshop and do that if that is what you are going to do.

But, if for some reason I would not be able to fix the artifacts, then I would write and ask you for a better version that possibly didn't have them. I only recall one such image out of the ones I have from this year. So, mostly they look like they would print alright.

Offline renecyberdoc

• Taking Root
    • Renecyberdoc - Spackoine Graphics
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 10:38:37 PM »
I am not so good in pinups and portraits but as i am going to "redux"  or reshape my main spackovian characters i think i will join in and do something in portraits and pinups!!let's see what i can come up with. :drinkonus: :drinkonus:

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 03:28:50 AM »
 :binoc:  Tastes for pinups aren't same to a people to another; many possibilities by this way.  :grpwave:

Offline RodS

• A.S.S.O. (Attic Special Security Officer)
  • Ranking poster
  • Wizard of Weird...
    • Rod's Lair
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 04:01:14 PM »
I am not so good in pinups and portraits but as i am going to "redux"  or reshape my main spackovian characters i think i will join in and do something in portraits and pinups!!let's see what i can come up with. :drinkonus: :drinkonus:

You can do it, Rene! I've got faith in ya, brother!  :thumb_up:
If all is not lost, why can't I find it??  :thud:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 12:52:31 PM »
Nahhhh, I dunno nothin about that stuff. I'm just a girl  :boopkiss:

I learned about 'printing' with lemon juice, and sunlight on litmus paper in third grade. Linoleum and wood-block inverse and obverse printing in 5th grade. How newspaper and book plates were made and used when I was 12 or so. Did inked scratchboard images with a No. 11 Xacto blade knife at 14  and didn't take all the clay off a spot ever. Also Leroy Lettering and Rapidograph pens, rub on letters and architechtural texture films. In all three years High School drafting. Cut silk-screens at 16 with said No 11 knife - many different blades later. Manual drafting on vellum, sepia paper, linen and mylars of subdivisions, topographic surveys, and architectural plans for builders, for a surveying company as well as an architect. And you know what? Those all had to be printed in ammonia developing blue and sepia print machines. (It's a wonder I still have lungs.) Office copiers and printers 'floor tech" - cartridge changes, paper loads and jams, etc.. Digital drafting switch in early 80s on MicroStation. I have always been a graphic artist and draftsman, cartographer, company photographer and brochure design, layout, reprduction liason with printers. Always in my jobs.

I don't know squat about graphics!  :fainting:

Boop-op-dee-do.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 02:19:57 PM »
Let me just leave this here:

Look for yourself in zoom mode, then come back here and look at the attachment below:

http://thefantasiesattic.net/attic/cpg/displayimage.php?pid=24110

I have to open up all these images and reduce them to fit in the Award Base. Now, I have opened it in Photoshop for you and attached the result below. This is how it downloads if you were to download it. I did nothing to it here.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I look way better than I feel
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 02:39:58 PM »
I see by the contests rules the images posted to this thread may become donations for the support of the site.  I like that, and that all the rules and actions are in plain wording right up front.   Great stuff y'all!  I thank you for doing that for all of us.   I will see if  I can come up with something to help. 
McG.
McG. :java:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 02:50:19 PM »
What you wrote is exactly what I've been saying McG. Why'd you delete it.

That's just a bit of a 'sore spot' with me on the job front and other places. I can't possibly know what I'm talking about. My Dad worked at the Rocky Mountain News in every department and knew all the phases of printing, layouts, typesetting, plate burning, inks...blah-blah.

I may not know the latest and greatest tech on it but I know the difference between 'dots' and 'pixels'. One is round and the other one is square.

It is most assuredly trying to "fit a square peg in a round hole". 

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial