2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes
100 Votes

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

December COTM Winner

Holiday Tradition © AmirA

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

In the Winners Circle

We have in this section, many winners that are recognized for their works.

SAOTW  and  TOTW These images are chosen at random from the many that are uploaded to the gallery for that week then when selected are announced.

Sponsored by DAZ with a $15.00 gift card for both contests. Our award images are also found within these walls. Congratulations to the winners and good luck to the rest of you.

Magic potion by Heitaikai

Author Topic: 2015 Contest~Weekly Contest~ Pinups and Portraits  (Read 11983 times)

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: 2015 Contest~Weekly Contest~ Pinups and Portraits
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 02:52:52 PM »
I see by the contests rules the images posted to this thread may become donations for the support of the site.  I like that, and that all the rules and actions are in plain wording right up front.   Great stuff y'all!  I thank you for doing that for all of us.   I will see if  I can come up with something to help. 
McG.

Just be sure to put it in the Pinups & Portraits & Your Art Gallery to be considered for selection :smile:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 02:58:47 PM »
What you wrote is exactly what I've been saying McG. Why'd you delete it.

That's just a bit of a 'sore spot' with me on the job front and other places. I can't possibly know what I'm talking about. My Dad worked at the Rocky Mountain News in every department and knew all the phases of printing, layouts, typesetting, plate burning, inks...blah-blah.

I may not know the latest and greatest tech on it but I know the difference between 'dots' and 'pixels'. One is round and the other one is square.

It is most assuredly trying to "fit a square peg in a round hole".

Ah cause I'm a dummy?   Seriously, the subject is, frankly, very serious and needs addressing where it occurs.  But you are doing that.  Since you agree with it, I will repost it fresh right below here.
Michael
McG. :java:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 03:00:06 PM »
Hiya folks,  just woke up so bear with me.   The issue with DPI (Dots Per Inch) is actually a non-issue.  Just remember that DPI is for PRINTERS, and has nothing to do with the pixels of the image.  Pixel Size is what we see on our monitors.   Artifacts or Artefacts are a result of image file compression, and is seen most in .JPG/.JPEG images.  GIF files are always paletted, and are 8 bit or 256 color.  JPG's can have millions of colors, and have a "color gamut".  JPG's also utilize compression which is a "lossy" form (will lose image data when used), so be careful of the amount you use as over compressing the image WILL produce ugly artifacts.   Another point about use of JPG's is that when you load a JPG, change something, then save it again, you are compressing it again.  Each time you Load then Save that one image it re-compresses and that DOES produce artifacts which gets worse each time.
So if DPI is unimportant until time to print an image, why does the DPI affect the image file size?  I dunno.  I normally render at and save 200 DPI because when I do print my images, that works fine with the printers I use here at home.  Like little inkjets and color laser printers.   The reason has been explained to me, but it was so important to what I do, I immediately forgot it.  ;o) 
I also save renders as .PNG with alpha because that gives a transparent background using a single layer.  PNG uses a form of "lossless" compression which will not have artifacting.  A PNG can be worked on and saved over and over without creating compression artifacts in the image.  PNG usually IS a much larger file size for PIXEL size than a JPG of the same PIXEL size (like 1024 x 768 as example).  So, PNG is useful for saving master and working files, it usually isn't used for transfers on the web.
While JPG produces the smaller file sizes of large gamut images, and is great for web use, I think we can see why PNG is more useful in works in progress and to master saved images.

McG.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 03:17:10 PM »
Just be sure to put it in the Pinups & Portraits & Your Art Gallery to be considered for selection :smile:

Okie dokie!  I'll try to remember this!   :java: Thanks!

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 03:36:37 PM »
Thank you dear :mwah:

Offline HadCancer

• Attic Crusader
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 01:40:10 PM »
Er a when do the 2017 calendars go on sale? I know you say they would make great Christmas gifts but I just completed my Christmas shopping.....sigh

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 01:47:06 PM »
TL makes the calendars. TL's daughter has been in the hospital with problems and before that he was moving house. So they're somewhat delayed this year, due to those things. 

Offline HadCancer

• Attic Crusader
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 02:33:14 PM »
Thanks for the info

Offline HadCancer

• Attic Crusader
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 09:05:20 AM »
Well 2017 has now here I guess I will have to buy a calendar somewhere else......so sad

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2017, 01:10:45 AM »
Sorry, but real life does come first.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial