2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes
100 Votes

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

December COTM Winner

Holiday Tradition © AmirA

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: More of a question rather than a review  (Read 301 times)

Offline RainbowGypsy

• Taking Root
    • In the Worlds of a Dreamer
More of a question rather than a review
« on: July 10, 2015, 07:11:02 PM »
Sorry for posting this here but I didn't really see a thread that was for asking all of our amazing artists and vendors a question.  So I have not been able to keep up with all of the character updates that come out of DAZ and RNA etc. and frankly for the most part I'm thrilled with V4 and M4, plus there is the small issue of just how little money I have to start building a new character collection for clothes and morphs and the list goes on.

Having said that it seems that everything you see these days says the figure it is compatible with is Genesis. Ok, so I'm going to admit I have no idea what or who Genesis is? I use Poser and I'm wondering if Genesis is for Poser and if so who sells the base character and would this mean that I would be starting all over just like I did when I switched so many years ago from V3 to V4.

Also for those of you who use the Genesis characters are they better than V4 and M4 and why? I've been meaning to ask and just decided to admit I'm totally in the dark and hope someone would help me figure this all out.

Please......

:so-shy:

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: More of a question rather than a review
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 08:27:12 PM »
Genesis is for DAZ and unless you use another abomination of a program to convert it to be able to use it in Poser it is in my mind a waste of time.

Sorry about that .... damn soap box just got in my way

I have seen several people get good results with Genesis figures but if I need to use another piece of software to do what used to be done with just one then I have serious misgivings about the reasons as to why I need to do so now.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 11:04:46 PM »
All the Genesis figures were specifically made to work in DS only.  Even Genesis1.

When DAZ released DS4 and Genesis (together) they basically told Poser users to use DS or forget it.

Poser users basically said, "see ya later" so DAZ created the DSON importer for Poser that forces Genesis into Poser with lots of kludges and serious slow down.  Genesis1 and Genesis2 could only be used in Poser with DSON.

Genesis3, on the other hand, is not Poser compatible and it doesn't appear will ever be so.

It appears, with Genesis3, that the complete split between DS and Poser is permanent.

Offline RainbowGypsy

• Taking Root
    • In the Worlds of a Dreamer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 11:22:47 AM »
Thanks so much.  I guess I understand why Daz would do that however, it really does create an ultimatum for users of their products. Kinda makes me sad though. My initial response if someone tries to force me to use their product is to say no way. Even though I've thought about trying DS for some time now. At least now I also understand what the heck DSON is as well.

RawArt has a sale on at Daz and so many of the characters are amazing however the ones I was really looking at are Genesis morphs. Which means I guess that if you only use Poser then you can't use them :(

Thanks for responding I really appreciate it  :ty_luv:   

Offline 3DPoetry

• Just In
    • Fantasy Wallpapers, 3D Poetry Desktop Backgrounds HD Images
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 07:30:32 PM »
 :boofairy:

I know this is a bit late but hopefully it will shed some light.

Genesis is created by Daz3D, who were originally Zygote.

Zygote were the content creators for Metacreations Poser progam.

Metacreations abandoned Poser to follow and develop video streaming.

A few company's along the way took ownership of Poser and developed it further.

Daz3D started an off shoot of their poser content to suit their new program ... Daz studio.

Pretty much the rest is history.  Genesis was born and evolved.

As a content (hobbyist) creator I persevered with V4, until I discovered it was a lot easier adapting different morphs for G3 Female.

I started rendering with the latest  version of Daz Studio (Iray) and I was impressed with the result.

Secretly, I wish for Daz and Poser to come to an accord, build their bridges and get over whatever the issue is, and the community would be a lot better off.
Enjoy the day

3D Poetry

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 10:32:12 AM »
I'm thinking that will not come any to soon....but would love for that to come about.  It sure would make life easier for creators....maybe LOL
We Shall Stand

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 10:35:10 AM »
:yes: this will be a real good step. I really love idea to work with Pauline and G2M together for example.
Because before to start a scene now, you need to ask to yourself what character use into, and consequently what program will be used.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg