2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes
100 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

December COTM Winner

Holiday Tradition © AmirA

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Various Comments on the State of Affairs  (Read 1168 times)

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Various Comments on the State of Affairs
« on: September 02, 2015, 05:19:01 PM »
Got a notice in the mails this morning from Social Security Watch that we probably aren't going to get a COLA (cost-of-living-adjustment) this year because the members of Congress consider the 1.2% we've gotten for the last few years was 'too generous'. :thud: And our Medicare premiums will go up too.

:coffee3: and :soapy:

Offline Lenord

• Mr. Bones
  • Just In
  • No matter where you go...There you are
Re: Various Comments on the State of Affairs
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 06:42:53 PM »
Yep but I bet Congress will get one, Bastards....They should get paid by the Bills they pass, Bastards

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 07:45:34 PM »
But ov courz dahlink. Need more houses, boats, cars, yachts, designer suits, etc.

They should get paid by the number of hours they work, is what they should get paid...minimum wage.

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Ranking poster
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 07:51:51 PM »
I think this pretty much sums up the whole government control thing!
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Don't Download This Song

Offline Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 09:16:45 PM »
congress always tries  to screw  us  over when it comes to social security  and  medicare   they ought be made to live  on SS and only get  medicare then they  would  do  differently  and be made to live  by the laws  they  make  just  like  us

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 05:59:34 PM »
Well, I think I met my first liberal today at work, it seems the other bench tech thinks that Obozo is doing a wonderful job and the hype about him trying to take away guns from vets, and social security recipients is not true.

Really ...

Damn all I did was type in the phrase in the search engine and it gave back over 4,000 links and many were TV video clips ... really how naive are people ... to think that our illustrious "idiot in chief"  has one upheld the Constitution of our country as charged with when sworn in, or gives two hoots about the Bill of Rights.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 06:05:21 PM »
Latest type of distracted driving

Texting while driving is bad enough but we have now seen it all today.

While stopped at a traffic light what do I see but a woman in a car next to me breast feeding her child while driving, seriously .... and people want to bleat about how "lives matter" yet you are going to continue to drive while breast feeding your child and to add insult to injury you have two additional children in the back seat that are not in a child seat and buckled in ....

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 06:20:56 PM »
Tsk...humans. What're you gonna do with 'em?

:#1kitteh:

We were once driving onto a reverse bank curve on-ramp with a good tight radius to it (the old one before they fixed it) and I'm in the passenger seat. I happened to look over at the guy next to us and he's got this huge book in front of him. I don't know if it was a road atlas or what. But he's reading the book, not looking where he's going...and eating a sandwich at the same time. I told my husband at the time, slow down. This bozo next to us is reading a book. He glanced over and as I recall said something appropriate and backed off.

I saw another lady driving down I-25 (our main freeway) at sixty mph putting on her mascara.

:psycho: :thud: to them both.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 06:39:22 PM »
Tsk...humans. What're you gonna do with 'em?

:#1kitteh:

They be nutritious and delicious taste just like chicken

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 07:00:44 PM »
They taste nasty and they're stringy. Not even barbeque sauce helps.

:dragon 2:

Offline Lenord

• Mr. Bones
  • Just In
  • No matter where you go...There you are
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 07:23:00 PM »
I'm not a Liberal but I am a Democrat, have been ever since Vietnam, I'm also a Veteran receiving Care at the VA Hospital in my area and also  Retired and receiving Social Security and Obama or his Administration have never asked for any of my Guns, good freaking luck if anyone does. Funny thing is I was also a Bench Tech for years before I got my EE Degree and agree The President has done a good Job especially considering all the Obstructionist Republicans have done to Stop him from doing anything which was their Stated Goal from day one of his Administration.

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Ranking poster
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 07:52:33 PM »
I Have seen a Truck driver eating with chopsticks using his knees to hold the steering wheel with a oversized load all the while holding a large bowl of noodles!  :thud:

Offline Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 09:06:19 AM »
we all know  that  he aint got a  clue  and wants to give everything  away to his  muslim  buddies so they can take over  the USA and yet the  folks  gave him a second  term  wake up folks  before its too  late
and get these  liberals  outa  office  and get some good  folks  in  the house and senate  that  will do as  America  needs and when the election  comes  pick a good  leader for the country

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »
Back up a minute on history - like for at least 60-70 years...from Dulles and Eisenhower to present. Suez Crisis, The Invasion of Sinai, Moshe Dayan, Gamal Abdul Nasser, Prince Aga Kahn, Prince Faisal, Osama bin Laden, Yassir Arafat, the Crown Prince of Brunei, Saddam Hussein, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. And let's talk about the Banana Repulbics, neo-colonialism, and the Communists and Generalisimo Francisco France (yes, he's still dead), Juan Batista, Kruschev, Chairman Mao Tse Dung, Papa Doc Duvalier, the Marcos's,  The Red Threat. McCarthyism. Theoretically, those of us in our late sixties lived through all that and should remember. Air raid duck and cover drills in your class in grade school with all those lovely windows in the school room waiting to shower you with shards...just in case their was one.

Who is it who's sold off some of our national parks and large parcels of real-estate to China, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, etc.? Our government...to finance the overbloated National Debt from all the wars. Now China's jacked up their yen, not to mention breathing the air in Beijing is like a two-pack a day smoking habit. Bush Jr's 'little Shock N Awe' war was costing us 20K a SECOND. Hold your breath for a minute and you'll be rich! Cheney and Rumsfeld laughed all the way to the bank. Viet Nam wasn't anything but a drug war, burnin' through downtown Saigon. One of Mitch McConnell's father in law's boat was found to be packed with mass quantities of cocaine, but he was found 'innocent of any wrong-doing' . 

What a perfect 'fall guy' - a black president with an obstructionist, Koch Brothers owned Republican Congress who are their talking heads; who have managed to pass less bills than any other congress before them and even shut down the government whilst reading Dr. Seuss. That certainly proves he's incompetent. How about Mr. Manpants and NAFTA; Reagan's draconian public education cuts? What about the Neo-Con PC's who want to further rewrite our history books and school text books to hide what really happened? It was already a lie with I was in fifth grade History class. Finally, some people actually know the truth about Christopher Columbus and Hernan Cortez. Let's not talk about the US Supreme Court, full of corporate minions and shills.

Who's ruining this country?

Who's buddies? Aaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhh.

:zipit:

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2015, 03:12:58 PM »
We've had three vehicular homicides in the state in the last week and I lost count of how many shootings, planned shootings that were averted happened this week here. Maybe we should talk about taking people's cars away too.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg