2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes
100 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

December COTM Winner

Holiday Tradition © AmirA

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Various Comments on the State of Affairs  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Lenord

• Mr. Bones
  • Just In
  • No matter where you go...There you are
Re: Various Comments on the State of Affairs
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 03:52:48 PM »
Back up a minute on history - like for at least 60-70 years...from Dulles and Eisenhower to present. Suez Crisis, The Invasion of Sinai, Moshe Dayan, Gamal Abdul Nasser, Prince Aga Kahn, Prince Faisal, Osama bin Laden, Yassir Arafat, the Crown Prince of Brunei, Saddam Hussein, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. And let's talk about the Banana Repulbics, neo-colonialism, and the Communists and Generalisimo Francisco France (yes, he's still dead), Juan Batista, Kruschev, Chairman Mao Tse Dung, Papa Doc Duvalier, the Marcos's,  The Red Threat. McCarthyism. Theoretically, those of us in our late sixties lived through all that and should remember. Air raid duck and cover drills in your class in grade school with all those lovely windows in the school room waiting to shower you with shards...just in case their was one.

Who is it who's sold off some of our national parks and large parcels of real-estate to China, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, etc.? Our government...to finance the overbloated National Debt from all the wars. Now China's jacked up their yen, not to mention breathing the air in Beijing is like a two-pack a day smoking habit. Bush Jr's 'little Shock N Awe' war was costing us 20K a SECOND. Hold your breath for a minute and you'll be rich! Cheney and Rumsfeld laughed all the way to the bank. Viet Nam wasn't anything but a drug war, burnin' through downtown Saigon. One of Mitch McConnell's father in law's boat was found to be packed with mass quantities of cocaine, but he was found 'innocent of any wrong-doing' . 

What a perfect 'fall guy' - a black president with an obstructionist, Koch Brothers owned Republican Congress who are their talking heads; who have managed to pass less bills than any other congress before them and even shut down the government whilst reading Dr. Seuss. That certainly proves he's incompetent. How about Mr. Manpants and NAFTA; Reagan's draconian public education cuts? What about the Neo-Con PC's who want to further rewrite our history books and school text books to hide what really happened? It was already a lie with I was in fifth grade History class. Finally, some people actually know the truth about Christopher Columbus and Hernan Cortez. Let's not talk about the US Supreme Court, full of corporate minions and shills.

Who's ruining this country?

Who's buddies? Aaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhh.

:zipit:

Amen, From your mouth to Gods ear.....if there was a God, Republicans and their Billionaire Benefactors have done nothing for Decades except try to turn America into an oligarchy

Offline Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 04:01:09 PM »
go  girl  we  know  history  was  all a  manufactured  story  for  us  to  read  and  be told  we were  reading  the  truth as  they  want  us  to  believe  one of the best  movies  I  saw  was  Air America   and it sure  wasn't  far  fetched  neither  was  the  guns  for  drugs  in the Banana Republics that  just happened  to  fall in our  laps  Not it was  manufactured  by  our  good  ole  boys  messin  with  history  again and lining their  pockets  I remember  the  air raid  drills and fallout  shelters and Castro and  his  Russian  missiles that  Kennedy blockaded  Cuba over and cut diplomatic  ties  with  and  yea they are  all crooked  politicians  have  been  since  after the  war between  north and  south  that  they  said  was  to  free  the  slaves  but  was  not  etc  yea  this  country  has  been  heading to  hell in a  handbasket  for  a  long  time  now they  putting people in jail for their  beliefs  like in Kentucky where the  marriage license  lady refused to issue  a  license to a  same  sex  couple  because  of  her  Christian  beliefs    and it  goes  on......................

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 07:41:00 PM »
The point is...THEY ALL DO IT. This party and that party is pretty much an illusion any more. They put Dumb up against Dumber and it doesn't matter who wins...they're going to end up doing the will of whoever's running things this decade. Like the Koch Brothers. And it will all play out years in the future. These things too my father told me, long ago.

Hmmmm, do I want this old fart and this bimbo milf who doesn't even know American History (but she's a milf an' a hunter, dagnabbit!) or do I want this guy who might be black but he makes more sense??? Let me think?

Hmmmm, do I want Dumb (GWB) or seemingly Dumber (Kerry)? Scandals about Kerry? Oh well at least with the Weasel we know what we're getting...if you're paying attention. Sometimes he didn't.

It don't matter :tearlaugh:  :sadder: :iminnocent: :ummm:

Yup, Bay of Pigs, Fidel and Che. I started reading about the Banana Republics and started recognizing names and incidents and the more I read the more I was like "No wonder Central America is so messed up!" And I think of all the "Rio!" musicals, Drinkin' Rum and Coka-Cola, and all that lalalalala. OMG....... That is still a mess down there, drug-lords included. Heh...the people of Guatemala just put their el Presidente in jail and he faces trial on some serious charges. They were going to take all the government's money. Nothing much.

Humans..........

Offline Lenord

• Mr. Bones
  • Just In
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 10:42:41 PM »
 I was in Nam saw the Lie up close and personal. My units job (Mechanized Infantry)was mostly as an Armed Taxi service for Special Ops Teams into and out of Laos, we weren't even supposed to be in Laos (see the movie Air America, it existed), their job was assassinations and kidnapping of NVA Officials and forces in Laos trying to stop the flow of Drugs in the Golden Triangle, the US Govt wanted it Open because the Money basically was financing the War against the North and the CIA. That freaking place is why I'm an Atheist, I can't believe any God would allow such BS and don't give me the Free Will crap. I'm a Democrat because Republicans are so Holier than thou Bible thumping War Hawks they spout the Bible and being Christian then Invade some Country because they want what they got. That BS has got to Stop, Nam was for Drug Money, everything in the Middle East is for Oil Money. Iran and Nukes scaring Israel don't make me laugh, America is the reason there is an Israel I think it's time they stopped counting us to back their every move and back their own Plays. You want worries worry about Pakistan they are already Nuclear they've basically been in a shooting War with India (also Nuclear) for what, Centuries and Pakistan for damn sure are no friends of the U.S. We've got to stay out of everyone else's Bidness and take care of America for a change and that will not happen under a Republican Administration. You are right about all Politicians and Political Parties being in it only for Power but what other choice do we have but to choose the lesser of two Evils.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 10:57:20 PM »
Ummmm, vote for Cthulhu. At least you know what will happen then.

Now Humans do taste good to Cthulhu.  :ummm:

There have been Six different Party Systems in this country and the one that was anything like what the original founding fathers intended was the First one. What we have now isn't even anything like the Second Party System. Look up "First Party System; Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Party System" on WikiP some time. It's rather enlightening.

Offline Lenord

• Mr. Bones
  • Just In
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 11:11:29 PM »
I don't figure I will have to worry about this that much longer anyway, I beat Cancer 7 years ago and was given a 60% chance of living another 5 so I'm living on Bonus time anyway, I feel good still so I'm not going to worry about it. It would just be nice if there wasn't some damn War we were fighting some where in my Lifetime, I know it won't happen but it would be nice.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2015, 07:11:57 AM »
Good Morning To All.    Hummmm, it seems our lighthearted Coffee Shoppe has turned into a political forum...so we'll be adding a home for this banter soon....and then you can debate to your hearts content.

Once it's set up we'll move the threads over so this can be continued in there.

Now for some :java: and a stroll in the Gallery to see what is what and who will get what.   

I actually have the AC on which is disturbing.  :tearlaugh:
We Shall Stand

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 01:58:38 AM »
Gee...now I feel like I've been naughty and sent to my room.

:Fae01:

Ah well..........

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 05:43:14 AM »
Nobody is naughty, just seemed like we needed another board so as to air out the thoughts, sort of like the debate I had on Facebook, which I gave up on since they seem to think that my comment of "the economy is barely limping along" was the same as "it (the economy) basically has recovered"

I am quite certain someone is need of their meds being cut back on with a comment like that ... but then again that is my opinion on their viewpoint.

What is there; something like 11 states that have more people on welfare then in the workforce, certainly doesn't seem recovered to me.

Ah well, whatever it doesn't matter who is in office it is all the same everyone blames the previous as to why nothing gets fixed or marginally improved.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2015, 12:04:41 PM »
At least we were all being civil :tearlaugh:

Well, as much as one can be. It's kind of hard these days NOT to speak of things of this nature if you want to speak about anything that affects you personally. Because to some degree or another this all affects all of us - even in little ways you may not consider. It doesn't matter what you want to call yourself or what someone else takes it you are when in fact very little about people's views is really that clear cut more often than not. Then you get 'conservative-liberals' and 'liberal-conservatives', neo-cons and con-artists. Pftttttt.

We are all on this Ship of Fools together and the Us and Them stuff don't work when it's Titanic time. It's divisive. It's the whole 'Solve et Coagula' principle at work, or 'Divide and Conquer'. People who are divided can't pull together enough power to do anything except call each other names and posture...like kids. Meanwhile all the movers and shakers behind the scenes just roll their eyes and keep doing what they're doing...or laugh up their sleeves because their ploys to set something off worked. And now they have even more excuses to watch, monitor and control.     

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 12:09:25 PM »
I like "J's" title for this one.  And I agree...it's been a very civil discussion...but I've seen them turn quicker then a dime in a gumball machine so that is why we discussed moving it out of our "Lighthearted" Coffee Shoppe.

Plus it's a good place to "NOT HIJACK"  Don't want to interfere with the Govt. to much...they've done more hijacking than we ever have.  :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:
We Shall Stand

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2015, 12:24:09 PM »
That's true, they can turn on a dime for many reasons.

I got to thinking further about the whole 'Us and Them' scenario and a very ironic point crossed my mind: that of Ted Cruz reading Dr. Seuss while the government was shut down. The story "The Star-Bellied Sneetches' is one of the best stories ever that displays the whole ridiculousness of 'Us and Them'. Totally. May I say apparently, Mr. Cruz doesn't have the reasoning skills of an 8 year old to work that out.

:tearlaugh:

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 12:32:45 PM »
:tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:  On that point I totally agree.....and yes....somewhere in the mix of things "WE THE PEOPLE" has gotten lost....
We Shall Stand

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 01:35:51 PM »
And if you need to civil discussion, look here or

:pervy:

You haven't listen the speech of the president here yesterday. I listen questions by journalists (at an hour where normally all was ended  :thud: ). I remember of:
- sentences without meaning
- impossible to read his record carts without euhhhhhhhhh in sentences
- made-up words

No light in the head :psycho:

And the government members are in the first rank, with lovers eyes :psycho:

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 01:57:06 PM »
Yup.....seems to spread thru out the world.....I call it the "Duped by Dopes" process.
We Shall Stand

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial