2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

In the Winners Circle

We have in this section, many winners that are recognized for their works.

SAOTW  and  TOTW These images are chosen at random from the many that are uploaded to the gallery for that week then when selected are announced.

Sponsored by DAZ with a $15.00 gift card for both contests. Our award images are also found within these walls. Congratulations to the winners and good luck to the rest of you.

Magic potion by Heitaikai

Author Topic: Pages 10 -14  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Pages 10 -14
« on: March 02, 2009, 03:59:13 PM »
Random pages from the draft copy, these are two page spreads. This was just pulled from one section.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: Pages 10 -14
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 05:32:37 AM »
Come on folks.....A lot of time was spent on this by "J" and your thoughts are needed.  He's done a grand job so far and I'm glad he's letting you have a peek.  Some of what you see is in the process of being changed but at least now you can see some of the progress being made.

Good job my friend....and for not knowing C2 that well, I think you've mastered a lot of the important techniques required to put together a book. 

Now we sit back and wait for the others to reply.....which will be soon....I'm sure..... :) :) :)
We Shall Stand

Offline Bea

• Mistress Bea
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • The Bea Hive
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 02:33:40 AM »
It is looking very good :)

don't forget that you could turn images on their side if you wanted to as well :)

are these pages 10 - 17?

Offline Amaranth

• Bumblebee
  • Administrator
  • Attic Icon
  • Do No Harm
    • Art by Amaranth
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 03:06:10 AM »
looking great ... i can almost see it on glossy paper !

Offline Bea

• Mistress Bea
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • The Bea Hive
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 08:31:19 AM »
You might want to think of making a little more margin all round to prevent bleed

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »
In answer to the first question it would actually be pages 9 - 16 my bad on my counting.

Next I may want to print out a couple pages just to see what it looks like on photo quality glossy paper. Hadn't thought of doing that yet.

Now the tricky one...bleeds I assume you are referring to the images that I have tight to an edge? They need to be pulled away from the edge to accommodate bleed areas. For some reason I thought that I had done so because I do remember the guidelines and rulers on my layout page. Wonder what happened to them I will have to investigate more fully. Thanks for catching it.

Next up are the pages to plain? I keep tinkering with thoughts in my head to run a border around the images either on two sides or completely enclosing the image yet I don't want to make it look cheesy. Comments?
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline Bea

• Mistress Bea
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • The Bea Hive
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 05:07:18 PM »
are you sure on the numbering :)
Most books start with the number 1 on a right hand page. Easy to see why, fold a sheet of paper and start numbering and 1 will be on the front page which will be a right hand page 2 and 3 will be a full page spread (well if you use one sheet of paper but lets not get too technical (our production manager used to hae us folding sheets into 8s and 16s and once 32s so we could see the numbering sequence on sheet layouts :) )
I might move the top poem down a little it does look a bit high on the page and centre the Dark Side left and right - but without knowing the software you are using and whether the bleeds are in there I can't say if it needs to be done for sure :) .

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 06:15:25 PM »
In answer to the points.

The numbering is what Acrobat is calling it as it sees each spread as a single page instead of two pages, so for the time being ignore the numbering scheme as it will be corrected in the final copy.

Didn't get to the investigating of the bleeds as I had to get a mid term exam ready for my students tomorrow night (Thursday my time) and fight this lovely allergy outbreak. Breathing is highly over rated at the moment.

InDesign _CS 2

Now next question or rather request for an answer is are the pages to plain do we need a thin border around the images or just leave them alone and let the art speak for itself.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »
Hold on to your shorts there pilgram.....

Didn't you get C3 and MS Publisher yet?

Let me know ASAP......
We Shall Stand

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 07:38:59 PM »
Sent you an email on the topic already

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 08:02:16 PM »
I'm gonna have to start using both screens for important stuff......I'll check it out.......

OK....Read the E-mail and will march down to the Post Office Tomorrow.......

And you won't believe what I paid to ship that out.

That's the bad news....

The good news is....I insured the package for $100.....So now I'm hoping they don't find it...... :Cup: :Cup:

We'll split it .......

But enough dreaming....let me see what they say tomorrow....

This is a true story........

I send my mother a package on December 3rd so she would get it in plenty of time for Christmas......  It was wrapped in plain brown wrap with a note, don't open until Dec 25th. 

She never called to say she got he package, but knowing my Mom....she wouldn't until Christmas Day and act all surprised....

I called her on Christmas Morning like we always do to tell her thank you for the gifts she got the kids (I get the gifts and put Mom and Dads name on them)....

No mention of a package.....Soooo, I asked "Did you get something in the mail about 2 weeks ago".....Nope was the reply.

Went down to the post office....with my receipt and tracking number......which was worthless as is this one.  When they can't find it....The tracking number leaves a message "Contact Your Local Postal Service".......

To make this story short, which at this point is impossible......The package was sitting in the undeliverable pile......and WHY do you ask??????

Because when I paid for the package postage, and got my insurance taken care of....the clerk moved the package to the deliver bin....without putting the postage on....

So I'm thinking this is what happened here......but I'll check.
We Shall Stand

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 08:14:55 PM »
Oh my giddy aunt now that is a first I have never heard of that before.

How much it costs...Priority mail is typically not that expensive I used it a lot in the immigration thing that fell through, so look forward to updated information.

Offline Bea

• Mistress Bea
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • The Bea Hive
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 08:35:13 PM »
It depends on what you want to do. You could put a thin frame of colour round each image if you wanted - but the problem would be finding one that suited every image - unless you used a different one for each section? :) and that would eman making sure that none of the images went right tothe edge of the sheet

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 09:30:31 PM »
looking very good, the images should not be touching the edge, especially those near the inner pages...

you are doing a grand job
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 04:07:01 AM »
Well "J", you know it wasn't that much to send out but for a little package it's a lot......Price vs quanity does not compute. 

I'll let you know the outcome.....but it may have to wait till tomorrow.  I've been up most of the night with my new best friend, "Throney" so I don't think I'm going anywhere today.....work included.
We Shall Stand

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg