2017 Community Gift Pages

Halloween's Madness Abounds

Christmas Gift Roster started and so far what/who we have waiting under the tree.
You can read about it HERE

Gathered for Christmas so far: 35

Christmas Pledges!

SpookieLilOne

morganahope

Under the tree:

Aelin
Amaranth
M-Callahan
Sanbie
Anniemotion
BronzeDragon
CathyY
UteBigSmile
theKatster
Agent0013
cougarmadcat
Prae
Napalmarsenal
Angells
sidherose
Barbariandreams
Llola Lane
Summoner
Scouseaphrenia

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2017 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2017 Voting Awards

copperpewterbronzesilvergold platinum

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

THE NOVEMBER CONTEST HAS ENDED

Winners have been announced. Details HERE

2017 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

December 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Change in the House"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: About PoserPro Game DEV  (Read 5134 times)

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: About PoserPro Game DEV
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2016, 11:52:54 AM »

My ZBrush reference didn't really apply as well, Rayvn had all the points covered. Game development concerning Poser and Daz is misleading.
 :java:

Thank you for clarifying that I did say more or less what you said in the beginning...

but Ima :wink: you know :sigh: Yes, yes I am but in many ways except when it comes to gender based attractions, I'm not very 'feminine'. Got it?  I never have been really.

Yeah, really I'm an old  :gremlin: who hasn't played a lot of games compared to some of you but I've finished them and played them hard and well and then played them again, remembering what I did wrong the first time and learning from that. Also learning how games are laid out and constructed from the inside. Looking at how dungeons are constructed from the outside.

I'm a Poser owner, so I know what's in there. I'm principally a character developer - the least of the least but not like I'm dumb about that either.

I have three friends who have done and worked in game devlopment, movie CGI, etc. So between what I've learned and what my friends tell me and I remember, I'm not completely ignorant about it. Okay?

Thank you. Thank you very much :mwah:

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2016, 11:54:16 AM »
Well, the SPAZ side of game development is really a cluster f**k of madness! None of that works in favor of the user.

But I'd like to address one of the real issues I have with this whole ordeal. As stated before: "This is good since now the developers don't need two separate programs to develop their content."

That is indeed the mindset of the users on their forums and is simply put...The WRONG mindset!

Smith Micro puts in clear easy to understand words that Poser Pro Game Dev serves as a starting point for game artists. Keyword: "Starting Point!"

It is NOT, nor ever was meant to be a third party developer tool per say. It's meant to allow you to understand how it's all done and to get your feet wet.

People's reaction to it all kinda reminds me of all those who were using Sculptris for the very thing it was NOT meant to be used for!

EXACTLY what I was thinking with Sculptris :tearlaugh:

Great minds and all that.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2016, 12:03:38 PM »
Look at DAZ in a very simple analogy here that really we ALL should know about and be aware exists because it's gone on for a large part of our lives.

It's called "Loss-Leader Marketing". Think the grocery store. My grocery chain has "Free Fridays" where they give away something free every Friday. They have for example "Game Day Deals - Stock up now and avoid the rush!" So, what they put out there is the cheap stuff for cheaper to get you in the store. And then they hope you will see something else you might need or go there exactly because they're having the best sales.

These cheap items - pop, chips, cookies, hot-wings...whatever are known as 'loss-leaders'. So, you have FREE and REDUCED! to get you in the door and whatever else may strike your fancy goes in your SHOPPING CART as well.

Now do you know why it's called a SHOPPING CART?  :tearlaugh:

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Ranking poster
  • "Attic Mad Scientist" Lab rats welcome!
    • ShareCG Page
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2016, 12:08:37 PM »
True dat!
 :Hi5:

Honesty is said to be the best policy. I don't want people to think I'm being mean but the truth is that no matter how good the programers intentions are, intro programs tend to create wannabes from every crack in the wall!

Most of them come about due to a lack of real desire to learn the mainstream methods or the lack of cash to afford what is normally out of their reach!

Please....NO hate mail, I get enough of that already! If anyone wants to beat me up...get in line with the rest of them!
 :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Characters/Props for Poser & Game Engines.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2016, 12:29:03 PM »
True dat!
 :Hi5:

Honesty is said to be the best policy. I don't want people to think I'm being mean but the truth is that no matter how good the programers intentions are, intro programs tend to create wannabes from every crack in the wall!

Most of them come about due to a lack of real desire to learn the mainstream methods or the lack of cash to afford what is normally out of their reach!

Please....NO hate mail, I get enough of that already! If anyone wants to beat me up...get in line with the rest of them!
 :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Of course honesty is the best policy. And I think most of us where were raised to 'say what we mean and mean what we say', which is why we're not so awfully inclined to be 'pc' except we don't want to insult anyone except in fun. That is because we were also raised to be polite when not provoked. Lol. 

But as to what you've said, it's true. We're like kids with a new toy that does cool stuff and we want to do the cool stuff...irrespective of if we know not what the hell we're doing really. Only some vague idea and a lot of experimenting and HELP! I've been there. I am there still. I see this stuff and I'm like "OHHHH COOL!! I wanta do that!!!"

Little do we realize......

#1: It is a hard business to break into, because there are people so far above you that you don't even know they exist. They're like CGI Gods. Architectural Design Gods. Seriously.

#2: Down in the upper lower ranks, it's a fight. It's a fight to learn anything because no one wants to reveal their little secrets. So what you have to do is not 'reverse engineer' their stuff but analyze how it's built and how they did this and that and experiment.

#3: You will encounter out and out enmity at times and get laughed at a lot and it can be extremely discouraging.

That's just the tip of the ice-berg, really.

Offline Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2016, 12:58:15 PM »
I can see  no reason  for  hate  mail  all you  did  was  tell it  like  it  is  and  so did Rayvn  Me  I got  a  lot  to learn  when it  comes  to poser  and   what  all   it  is  capable  of   Spaz  I got  no  use  for   it  may  be  free  but  it  screws  you  in  the  end  game and  aint  no  way in  hell  it   will get  the  job  done
lot to  learn  bout  ZB as  well  but am  learning   playing  and  havin  fun
you and  Rayvn  gots  lots  of  info  to  share  and  I appreciate  it  and  do  listen and  learn :peek:

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2016, 02:03:19 PM »
Well, to be honest...there ARE people - even here that are very, very good in DAZ and they make it do amazing things. There are others out there as well I know in the rendering group I'm in. I admire their ability. There are some proficient in both - or getting there quickly. :thud: If you look in the Galleries and they say it was done in DAZ, and you can spot them a mile away once you get used to their general style. They're outstanding renders.

So...really, it's all in what you're accustomed to using and how well you learn how to use it. I know this for a fact from my previous job, where I was mapping in MicroStation. I was very good at MicroStation. They'd give me the new beta copies of the software to test, or their programs. Okay? I was that good with it. But put me in AutoCad and I'm like a rabbit in the headlights. Seriously. I do NOT GET AutoCad blocks and all that.....

Same thing with Poser and DAZ. So, it's an individual preference as far as the software goes. But it's what you end up paying in the end for free software to make it work like or as well as the one you pay for - that is what we roll our eyes at.

Offline Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2016, 02:29:55 PM »
daz  do have  its  good points   and  it  do  produce  some  good  renders
more  power to those  who use it and  understand  it  I don't  so I stick  with  poser

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Ranking poster
    • ShareCG Page
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2016, 02:45:49 PM »
Well, that's all good and such but we're not really talking about the rendering aspects of a program. We're talking about entry level game development.

I could list page after page of game engines that followed these same lines and gathered a following though they were NEVER meant to be a full blown stable engine. In fact, they NEVER did become a stable engine...with each version it just got sloppier and more unstable.

Lite-C was created to allow people with little to no programing knowledge to begin writing simple games. It was intended as an entry level language in place of the more complex routines in Visual C++. But soon it gathered a following and even people who made claims of using it to write professional games.

Yeah right!!! LOL It was never meant to be that stable in the first place!

Now they have a site for the cobbled engine, charging people good money to use unstable software!

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2016, 04:04:45 PM »
No, we aren't talking about the rendering aspects of the program.

However, there's way too much tendency to make 'generalized' statements that aren't necessarily true today, yesterday and the day before that. So if someone's going to take one side, let's look from both sides. That's what a moderator's supposed to do. Right?

:wink:

One thing you can say for the folks at Blender is that they have upheld their ideal - an ideal shared by many who are willing to contribute to it freely. Creative Commons.

I've had a few programs like that where they used to be free and what have to pay for now is crap in comparison to the free ware. Someone else gets hold of it and it's screwed too many times.

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Ranking poster
    • ShareCG Page
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2016, 04:43:11 PM »
 :lost:

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2016, 05:12:18 PM »
You did it in your section. Think about it. It's a valid point.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial