2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes
100 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

December COTM Winner

Holiday Tradition © AmirA

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: How-To's twixt DS and Poser  (Read 2518 times)

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
Re: How-To's twixt DS and Poser
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2016, 09:27:47 PM »
McG, in the Render settings at the top of the settings list on the right side of the shelf you will see the word General. Click on that. At the top of the left column of that same shelf look for Dimension Preset (Global) with a drop down bar under it. Click that dropdown bar to open the drop down list. To render the full scene window click Active Viewport at the top of the list. Now no matter how much of the screen your scene window occupies, rendering it will yield an image the same size as that window. For an image nearly the size of your monitor screen, close all shelves until the Scene Window occupies all of the screen other than the task bar and the window border. You will not have access to the Render button this way, but not to worry. Just use the QuickKey combo CTRL+R to start the render.

If you want to match the full size of your monitor screen or even do larger images, go to that drop down list and select Custom, then under that choose your desired Aspect Ratio by entering the values for width and height, and then enter the value of either the width or height you want. The other value will autoset if you have Constrain Proportions set to On. Now the render will match the size and aspect ratio you have chosen.

Hope this helps. If you have other questions, feel free to ask.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2016, 10:41:31 PM »
Ok so I found the menu bits, set it to Active Viewport and now I cannot change the output size?  That wasn't what I needed then.  What I WANT to do is be able to edit the ASPECT FRAME.   Turns out, that is just another term for CAMERA.   I opened that, messed with a few things, and found that turning OFF Local Dimensions allowed me to use even the 16:9 aspect, but the sides go to the outside of the active viewport.  I will know in a few moments if that worked.  It did, so now to see if DS will KEEP those settings last used or revert.
McG. :java:

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2016, 11:12:13 PM »
McG, you can save your render settings for later use if you wish, but the last aspect ratio and pixel size you used will carry over to the next time you open DAZ Studio. It won't change until you decide to change it yourself. Glad to see your are having success. I can help you in several areas of DAZ Studio if you need it. One thing I encourage is to explore the application and see what you can find on your own, and if you need help with something just ask. I'm here for you.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2016, 08:11:21 AM »
Yes you can push the pannels temporary thanks to arrows, or change the size of "frame" manually in the Render Settings window. You have just the impression that your scene is more far away; it's in these case that it's great to use "Perspective view" or another camera to go in the scene and sort details.

1 => If you have a shape of scene really determined (like square, or 16/9), or to change the size thanks to "Custom".
2 => Pixel Size: If you are no longer in "Active viewport", you can change the size.
3 => Aspect ratio: follows the "Pixel Size".
4 => Constrain proportions: help you to keep the aspect ratio above. Better to turn off in many cases.
5 => Render Target: by there, you have all that you want, even if it's 3000 pixels on 3000 pixels. During the render (and after), you can displace the window thanks to scrollbars to look the result in 100% size.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2016, 03:44:26 PM »
One thing I find to work well is making the pixel size at least 1/4 larger that the size of my monitor screen while constraining the aspect ratio to 16:9. This helps when you make the picture your desktop background, as it ensures the quality of the image is as good as I want it. And if you need to do some post work on the image, rendering larger than you want it ensures that you can zoom in close for those tiny details you wish to fix. You can then save the post worked version at a smaller size to help hide any post work boo boos.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2016, 04:02:22 AM »
Sorry to take so long, I got a 24 hr bug :(   What I have been wanting to do in DS is the same as Poser, just work on a scene using the whole viewport then do a quick render and see what I have in the viewport.  DS wasn't working like that.  I turned off that local constrain proportions and that worked, it was the only thing that worked.  So now, no matter what the actual scene size is, what gets rendered is the camera view which is different than the scene size.   Seems DAZ never considered that someone might want to do that, so didn't bother explaining the actual results of that.
Thanks for the help, I got what I want now!
McG.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2016, 04:04:07 AM »
There is a saying in the photography newsgroups, of daze long past, "Resizing can hide a multitude of sins".  Yep, we knows that one mate!  :D 

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2016, 08:00:35 AM »
You need time before to find your marks in Daz like in Poser.
For me the way was DS towards Poser, and one of my first question was "how remove the ground?"  :psycho:
After, for proportions of scene, i needed to remember me the short way to go into in Poser. But at the beginning, i forgot often to do proportions, and i had small renders.

In fact, i have more difficulties with cameras in Poser than Daz; but this oblige me to think better the scene before to start.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2016, 02:14:57 PM »
Good lord, my brain hurts from all the complexities of trying to make one work with the other. :thud:

:o_go_on:

Regarding Hexagon - it's NEVER been upgraded except for when DAZ bought it and all they did to it was build a 'porting' tool into DAZ from it. That's ALL they did to it - make it port to their software. So I have been told. Fact is. It's likely never going to be upgraded. Yes, it works great to do simple or repetitive things like arrays but it totally sucks for UV mapping. For that, you need Blender, Headus UV, Z-Brush, and even PSP etc. Hexagon is a resource hog on a system. It was always crashing on me. I learned to save often - very often.

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2016, 02:20:37 PM »
I'm agree for UV, even with a video tutorial, i never could take this in Hexagon.
The reason for why i need to pass by UVMapper.
And on my 64 bits it crashes more often than on the old 32 bits, i wonder why. But save often for this kind of creation is a good thing.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2016, 02:21:25 PM »
You DO know how to turn the Ground off know Aelin - oui? :smiley:

For those who don't - select the Ground with your cursor - go to the Properties and Parameters tab. Pick the tab on the RIGHT, and uncheck 'Visible'. Voila, the Ground disappears.

As for emitting light from things - yes, you can do that in Poser MAT room but there is also one other setting you need to make certain is checked in the Properties and Parameters. Pick the tab on the RIGHT and make sure your 'Light Emitter' box is checked. If that's not checked it will not glow or emit light. That's the difference between 'lit' and 'un-lit' lights in props other than whatever nodes/attatched lights, etc. are used to create the illusion of the light. 

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2016, 02:23:02 PM »
I'm agree for UV, even with a video tutorial, i never could take this in Hexagon.
The reason for why i need to pass by UVMapper.
And on my 64 bits it crashes more often than on the old 32 bits, i wonder why. But save often for this kind of creation is a good thing.

I seriously doubt Hexagon was ever made in anything but 32 bit, Aelin. 64-bit wasn't around when Hexagon was made and it hasn't ever really been updated. So that's likely why it crashes more.

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2016, 02:24:13 PM »
You DO know how to turn the Ground off know Aelin - oui? :smiley:
:tearlaugh: by chance yes, J explained me. He was my first professor for Poser i can say. And you are never far away also Ravyn.

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2016, 02:25:38 PM »
I seriously doubt Hexagon was ever made in anything but 32 bit, Aelin. 64-bit wasn't around when Hexagon was made and it hasn't ever really been updated. So that's likely why it crashes more.
That is possible, but now it's all that we have. And until i could have a second computer, it will stay there :psycho:

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »
:tearlaugh: Yeah...I had to figure it out myself. It took awhile.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg