2017 Community Gift Pages

Halloween's Madness Abounds

Christmas Gift Roster started and so far what/who we have waiting under the tree.
You can read about it HERE

Gathered for Christmas so far: 35

Christmas Pledges!

SpookieLilOne

morganahope

Under the tree:

Aelin
Amaranth
M-Callahan
Sanbie
Anniemotion
BronzeDragon
CathyY
UteBigSmile
theKatster
Agent0013
cougarmadcat
Prae
Napalmarsenal
Angells
sidherose
Barbariandreams
Llola Lane
Summoner
Scouseaphrenia

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2017 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2017 Voting Awards

copperpewterbronzesilvergold platinum

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

THE NOVEMBER CONTEST HAS ENDED

Winners have been announced. Details HERE

2017 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

December 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Change in the House"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Attention Members!!  (Read 2810 times)

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: Attention Members!!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2016, 04:39:01 PM »
 :so-shy:
We Shall Stand

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2016, 11:41:11 PM »
Just went on FB and checked out MorV's posts about the move. They will be going to DAZ but they have to learn it first. Seem's Andi is catching on fairly fast. They will still make Gen 4 stuff.

Whew.

Offline DarkElf

• Shadow Warrior
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • *** The Dubsidhe ***
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2016, 07:30:22 AM »
I heard that one also.....Darn mind works only when it wants to  :tearlaugh:

There's a name for that problem ... can't remember what it is though!  :tearlaugh:
I am a GOOD Dark Elf

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2016, 08:23:17 AM »
It's called 'The Curse of Doorways' Mike!

Did you know that? They did a study and it's those dang doorways that make you forget things. Like "Wha'd'd Icome in here for?

Offline DarkElf

• Shadow Warrior
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • *** The Dubsidhe ***
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2016, 08:30:26 AM »
It's called 'The Curse of Doorways' Mike!

Did you know that? They did a study and it's those dang doorways that make you forget things. Like "Wha'd'd Icome in here for?

:tearlaugh: Yup. I do it ALL THE TIME! While working on my pot rack project yesterday I must have stood in the kitchen for at least three minutes trying to remember what I was going to do next!  :OMFG:
I am a GOOD Dark Elf

Offline DarkElf

• Shadow Warrior
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • *** The Dubsidhe ***
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2016, 08:32:20 AM »
Gotta run out and get TWO recalls done on the car. Be back later. Bye.
I am a GOOD Dark Elf

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 10:33:22 AM »
I've just had my kitchen redone and put all of my stuff back in the shelves and now I can't find a damn thing  :tearlaugh: :thud:
We Shall Stand

Online Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2016, 10:40:26 AM »
 :psycho: It's always like this when you sort something

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2016, 05:58:59 PM »
Though it has been over 120 days since the last post in this thread, I think this is where this info needs to be.

I have for the last few months been visiting DAZ 3D and RDNA quite regularly in the last four months, and can say that I still see the product pages at RDNA as still operating. This may only be the old pages which may not have been removed after the merger. One thing I have noted of late is that the same products at each site often do not reflect each other on the prices of the products.

Also I have bought and had to return two product packs at DAZ, both from RDNA vendors. This is due to neither product pack working correctly in my prefered application. That is quite odd too, because at least one of them was supposedly optimized for both Poser and DAZ Studio. One that I so wanted to work in DAZ Studio is Facial A_Hairness. I found that it only works in Poser. That is unfortunate because I am still not good enough with Poser to be able to produce images worthy of upload.

The other product pack is The OceanQueen MegaBundle, and not matter how I install it, there is always certain files missing in the Content Library. This Bundle is supposedly optimized for both applications, but parts of the product that show in the zips do not make it into the Runtime, like for instance the Dragon figure, the Saddle, the V4 and M4 Outfits, certain textures, and so on! I tried three different install methods: 1 - install from the zips, and allowing the files to go where they are meant to go. Did not work! 2 - install via the DAZ Install Manager; supposedly infallible (laughable in a disgusted way). Did not work. 3 - manually moving each file to its proper destination folder. Did not work! And this last one should have worked without fail, because I know where to put everything!

So I opened a help ticket at DAZ 3D and requested a return and refund of what I had spent on those products. I have also purged all files related to them from my PC, as I don't want valuable hard drive space occupied for no reason on my computer. If it is useless, why keep it?

Anyway, I thought you guys might want to know about how RDNA is doing at DAZ 3D, and how many of their products seem to have been broken since the move. I am saddened by this last thing because I really do like RDNA products. These are the first I have ever gotten from RDNA that did not work properly, and I suspect it has something to do with DAZ 3D's handling of the products, having to repack them with some extra files tucked into the packs might have caused things to be corrupted. I'm not up on things like this, but the two I purchased at DAZ 3D had two XML files tucked into the zips. I'm wondering if something was not removed at the same time? I learned that the added files are meant to make the products compatible with the DIM, but even with that it is not working correctly, so something is obviously not right.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2016, 06:09:25 PM »
Thanks for the update regrettably I do not have either of the mentioned products.

Wish I could do some cross checking for you .... sorry
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2016, 06:30:03 PM »
No worries, J! I will just have to buy stuff I know will work. Not sure why I'm suddenly having trouble with RDNA products. It only started happening when I purchased them at DAZ 3D.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2016, 06:39:42 PM »
.xml files are generated in Poser and don't work in DAZ. You could be right that it's something in the repacking. Both Arki and Mortem Vetus were strictly Poser and Gen 4 artists. I know Tracey (MV) said they were having to learn it too. I'd therefore imagine Arki is as well. I sure a lot of them are. They've not been DAZ users until now, necessarily.

rDNA is still moving people's purchases files over to DAZ and your purchases library there. Mine have finally shown up at DAZ and are no longer on rDNA. So whatever's there is what's left to move as far as user files go. I don't know if the Store will have any more sales at this point. It may be that what's left there is there because it's tied to viewing the pages your product in your purchases came with to refresh your mind if you forgot what something was for if an add-on.

Offline DarkElf

• Shadow Warrior
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • *** The Dubsidhe ***
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2016, 06:44:53 PM »
I have been using the DAZ download manager since I switched to DAZ Studio and to present it has been flawless. Having said that, I must admit that I have not been using any of the former RDNA products.
As I was an occasional RDNA customer in the past I shall have to dig up some of the ones that have been installed via the DIM since the merger and then I will be a little better able to either confirm or not if I am having the same issue.
I am a GOOD Dark Elf

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2016, 07:23:11 PM »
Mortem Vetus is the Vendor for Facial A-Hairness, and Arki is the Vendor for The OceanQueen MegaBundle. So there I should say is where the problems I am having is likely to be coming from. I do not blame them, however. I think it is not just their inexperience, but also the way things are done at DAZ 3D, and their notorious lack of instructional documentation concerning their software. I've been using DAZ Studio for more than five years now, and a manual has yet to be completed for even one version of it.

Most of what I know came from third party tutorials , and a good 75% of what's left came from exploring the application myself. Indeed I learned how to work with lighting in DAZ Studio because when I first got it, I was getting renders that had no shadows. Two weeks in, and I had found the Create Menu Lights, which I began using and editing as I created them. It took about three more weeks to get really great results, but my experimentation with them paid off. I now use those lights about 99% of the time, as I know what I want and how to get it out of those lights. The Light sets that come with certain products rarely get used by me at all, because I cannot get them to do what I want. And that is just one example of how I have learned many things about DAZ Studio on my own.

Offline DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2016, 07:45:57 PM »
I agree that when possible vendors should create for both programs---just to be fair to all users. but to have it required for those that have never used the program is not right either, they should keep the transfers as is and let the vendors first learn the other program and then they can  start creating things.

I use Poser primarily and would like to try DS but the stupid thing no like me or my comps...LOL never has worked and still doesn't install right. I finally got it to install and was shocked at how the workpane has changed...I do not envy newbies or creators at all the need to learn this convoluted program...it is just not people friendly

I expect there are going to be many products that ar adjusted to work in DS that will have boatloads of problems working right.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial