2017 Community Gift Pages

Halloween's Madness Abounds

Christmas Gift Roster started and so far what/who we have waiting under the tree.
You can read about it HERE

Gathered for Christmas so far: 30

Christmas Pledges!

SpookieLilOne

Summoner
morganahope

Under the tree:

Aelin
Amaranth
M-Callahan
Sanbie
Anniemotion
BronzeDragon
CathyY
UteBigSmile
theKatster
Agent0013
cougarmadcat
Prae
Napalmarsenal
Angells
sidherose
Barbariandreams
Llola Lane

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2017 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2017 Voting Awards

copperpewterbronzesilvergold platinum

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

THE NOVEMBER CONTEST HAS ENDED

Winners have been announced. Details HERE

2017 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

December 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Change in the House"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Attention Members!!  (Read 2785 times)

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: Attention Members!!
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2016, 08:27:03 PM »
Mortem Vetus is the Vendor for Facial A-Hairness, and Arki is the Vendor for The OceanQueen MegaBundle. So there I should say is where the problems I am having is likely to be coming from. I do not blame them, however. I think it is not just their inexperience, but also the way things are done at DAZ 3D, and their notorious lack of instructional documentation concerning their software. I've been using DAZ Studio for more than five years now, and a manual has yet to be completed for even one version of it.

I know that's who the vendors are for those :smiley: That's why I specifically named them.

Um...as for why there's no manuals for DAZ, you can't write a manual for something always in beta state and always changing. It's not possible.

I assure you however that even though Poser has a manual that covers a lot of stuff, it isn't always terribly helpful about particulars. Many Poser users learn the same way you did learn DAZ for that reason, from tutorials...that are clear and understandable, and videos that don't go zip, zip, zip - that's how you do it. Thanks for watching! ((Thanks for wasting my time buddy with that 'how to video'. Glad you know what you're doing!))

You have to learn Poser the same way in the particulars and not working in it doesn't facilitate that. I couldn't deal with having my main software changing that much all the time and found the interface clunky and foreign to me...but too, like Mary, it didn't play well on my machine....which is possessed apparently. Really, it takes years and years to learn Poser and use it as it was meant to be. Like you say. Each thing takes that time to learn and manage to repeat - the dreaded learning curve. The only way you learn is be brave and play.

Just my tuppence on it. It's up to you in the end.

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2016, 06:41:49 AM »
I don't use the DIM, i take all by the manually option. It's better for me to know where are all parts of packs, like i save regularly on external.
But it's a problem if they change the "old" parts of packs, to put news. The previous parts are compatible with Poser, so often with DS3 and DS4; if they want add compatibility to DS4 by files for DS4, it's better to add a separated folder with the pack.  :eyescan: My opinion.

No shadows for me too at start, you know Agent. Even, my lights were only one light in white :thud: The change came when somebody did a reflection on my light on renderosity; the way to say that put me angry, and i started to try to do better.
It's not perfect, but sometimes i have good results; all depends also of the quality of characters sometimes.

To return on materials for example in DS4, it's a little difficult, because you have different way possible, more we need for one way at least to choose if you compress of not the file - that signify we can't change the file if we made a mistake.
I know that theorically we can use to created cr2 too, but even if i don't know very well Poser, this last seems easier compare to DS.
And yes Mary, the interface if really different between DS3 and DS4. Even now, after several years i haven't my marks there.
At last news, my DS3 in 32 bit is more stable than my DS4.9, which is in the same time a Pro and Beta version :hypno: :thud: Sometimes DS4 gives me white people after 2 or 3 renders; i need to close and reopen the program. Sometimes with only one character it frozens.

For me, learn is more oriented on how prop for example with doors are made; on the screen and in the code. Same for materials (pz2 and mc6), to understand well how create better quality in renders.
But for lights in Poser, i have more difficulties than in Daz for the moment. The orientation and strengh is different for the both software in my opinion.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2016, 08:59:38 AM »
I also use the Daz download manager but I also download everything I have from Daz onto one of my externals.  I did the same with RDNA on all purchased and free products. 
We Shall Stand

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2016, 10:31:21 AM »
As my Product Library at DAZ 3D contains every purchase and every freebie I have ever grabbed at the site, I am trying to be rid of all my downloads that I have acquired over the years. Not completely however, because I need them as backup in case something drastic happens at DAZ 3D. So I do store them on externals. Still sometimes when I get something off an external, it is not always uncorrupted. That's why storing the same thing on multiple externals is needed. You'd think that the technology for externals would have addressed this issue, but really at this time, I'd advise continuing to work in this way using multiple externals. I think what is the most likely culprit that causes files to be corrupted is the transference from one device to another; similar to how a JPEG image can degrade from one copy to the next and so on. I have noted that some images I create will lose a lot of their hard drive size when I make copies of them. Like from 1.8 MB to a copy the same px at 450 KB. My point is that to keep any file on your externals you should either copy them from your originals or simply download directly to the external itself. I try to keep things as close to pristine as possible because of this.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2016, 10:34:46 AM »
That is exactly what I do.  Have backups for my backups on the externals and also on my WD Cloud.
We Shall Stand

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2016, 10:55:50 AM »
I still am not using the Cloud! I'm afraid of the way it works. I think about who is able to see what I have stored there! Also to have enough storage space, don't you have to pay for it after a certain amount?
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2016, 11:03:06 AM »
My cloud is located here at my house..."Western Digital 3TB My Cloud" and has a 3TB back up attached to it and I can access it from anywhere...which I love....Like you, I do not trust cloud devices in other locations.
We Shall Stand

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2016, 11:11:41 AM »
Maybe I should grab some online Cloud storage, and just store incomprehensible files there, that contain nothing but really weird nonsense!
 :heeheehee: :tearlaugh:
About all it's good for, I think! :tearlaugh:

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2016, 11:17:33 AM »
Exactly :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:
We Shall Stand

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »
Exactly :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:
Wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall and see the hacker's face when they see something like that?
 :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Online Neimrok

• Elf of the Light
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2016, 12:26:28 PM »
Maybe I should grab some online Cloud storage, and just store incomprehensible files there, that contain nothing but really weird nonsense!
About all it's good for, I think! :tearlaugh:
If you want to really scare or disappoint the hackers, just copy a pic of Kianna on the cloud. :tearlaugh:

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2016, 01:05:30 PM »
You could always put all your book .pdfs out there. No one steals those mostly.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2016, 02:12:21 PM »
You could always put all your book .pdfs out there. No one steals those mostly.
I think you're right about that.

I could write a pdf tutorial on "How Not to be an Idiot!" Then post it as something everyone would like to learn! In there would be an ID 10 T form for them to fill out. Then I'd watch to see how many take the bait!

Offline DarkElf

• Shadow Warrior
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • *** The Dubsidhe ***
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2016, 03:41:02 PM »
I agree that when possible vendors should create for both programs---just to be fair to all users. but to have it required for those that have never used the program is not right either, they should keep the transfers as is and let the vendors first learn the other program and then they can  start creating things.

I use Poser primarily and would like to try DS but the stupid thing no like me or my comps...LOL never has worked and still doesn't install right. I finally got it to install and was shocked at how the workpane has changed...I do not envy newbies or creators at all the need to learn this convoluted program...it is just not people friendly

I expect there are going to be many products that ar adjusted to work in DS that will have boatloads of problems working right.

Mary, I TOO felt DAZ was very UN-user friendly at first but, then, I think back to when I started with Poser and I thought THAT was just as bad, LOL.
I switched over to DAZ Studio when Iray came out. It didn't take me long to figure out the basics. Not that I'm a pro mind you but I can get around and make some renders and I learning all the time.
I am a GOOD Dark Elf

Offline DarkElf

• Shadow Warrior
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • *** The Dubsidhe ***
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2016, 03:52:48 PM »
That is exactly what I do.  Have backups for my backups on the externals and also on my WD Cloud.

Yup. Me too Lufie. PLUS I keep a cloned copy of my hard drive and re-clone about every four to six months. That way I switch of to a different HD at least twice a year AND keep my two drives current. Plus, should one drive fail I switch to the spare and I don't have to reload all my operating system and programs and I only have to install what ever I have done since my last clone job.
I am a GOOD Dark Elf

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg