2018 Holiday Gift Drive

Ok, am collecting for the Community Gift Pages and you can follow the link to read about it.

Let me know if you wanna play tooooo.

2018 Holiday Gifting Drive

Gifting Participants

Pink = In my paws

CaliVee
Aelin
Chiron

Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
The Pole Dancer © Romangirl

TOTW

Valkyrie Downtime © DarkElf

Your Art Winner

Hell Horse Harley © Wingedwolf

Monthly Winners

MAY COTM Winner

Song from a Secret Garden © Heitaikai

Announcements!

Album is HERE

MAY CONTEST WINNERS

Mirtul ~ The Melting ~ Flight of the Flutterwings ~ May 2018 Contest Winners can be found HERE

NEW!!

June 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Bordertown
is your COTM challenge for JUNE. Contest Ends on June 30th, 2018

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Our Posting winners are prowling in here. They are the ones that are awarded for posting throughout the forum....not nonsense posts but actually are talking in here...just cause we are all mad here doesn't mean we are all nutz...LOL

The Prizes are:
500 posts - choose 1 free item from our store from our Market
1,000 Posts - choose 2 free items from our store from our Market
5,000 Posts - choose 3 free items from our store from our Market
10,000 Posts - $50 Gift Card for you to spend at your favorite place be it a 3D site or Restaurant or Retail Store.

Admins are not included in totals, we know we talk a lot...LOL

PinUp Wallpaper  © UteBigSmile

Author Topic: ALERT ~ ALERT....Mc-Grandpa is closing in on 1,000 posts  (Read 7324 times)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I look way better than I feel
Re: ALERT ~ ALERT....Mc-Grandpa is closing in on 1,000 posts
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2016, 09:07:52 PM »
That's exactly wot it means McG! Not exactly texting language n Homer Simpson says it all the time in the Simpsons,lol! xxx

He sure does!   Remember the character, Willy The Grounds Keeper?   Used to have a character of him in Quake 3 Arena I used as my player model.  I never saw it, but everyone else did!  I played as Willy in the clown suit all bright yellow and blue for years.  Then one day one of my buddies casually mentioned I stood out like a flashing neon sign.  I couldn't hide, and everyone used me for target practice.  Oh it was great fun, I just didn't realize I was getting attention nobody else was!  Ha!

Have you seen  much of Dark Elf lately? 

McG.
McG. :java:

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2016, 10:04:34 PM »
A couple of Whammo toys that are still available are the Hoola Hoop, and my favorite - the Frisbee! Had thousands of hours of fun with that one. I was the first kid on my block to have one! All I had to do is get 3 Cheerios box tops, and send them in and I got a Glow in the Dark Frisbee for free. Me and my friends invented some awesome games with it. My favorite was Skip n Hoop. We set up a Hoola Hoop as the target, and then took turns skipping the Frisbee off the pavement and trying to sail it through the hoop after it skipped. Each time it went through was 5 points. If it hit the inside of the hoop as it went through it was 1 point. If it hit the outside of the hoop without going through, it was -2 points. If it missed altogether, no points were deducted, but none were awarded either. One time my friend Mikey made -36 points. We bought him an Ice Cream Treat from the Ice Cream truck for that, because he would not quit. He was determined to at least get the Frisbee through the hoop. One day a couple of months later, he did it without even trying, and did not even see it go through. He just threw the Frisbee and turned to walk away, It skipped off the pavement, and sailed perfectly through the hoop as he was walking away. We told him what he did and he would not believe us.

Had three pairs of Clackers, but ours were not made of plastic. It was a hard resin, and two of my pair were homemade using the recipe I found for the resin, a strong string cord, a metal ring, and two identical glass Christmas Tree Balls as the molds for the Resin to set in. Those two pair turned out to be the best ones I had. One of them was taken to school by my sister, and a male teacher wanted to try them out. He was dumb enough to have his head over the toy as he tried to get the action started. He nearly cracked his own skull, and he confiscated the toy and had it destroyed in a fire. So I lost that pair. Admittedly those were some really dangerous toys, but oh so much fun if you knew what you were doing!

Duncan Yo Yos are still being sold , and they still have competitions to this day. I had the Butterfly, and the Glow in the Dark.

Anybody remember Tonka Trucks, and how tough they were advertised to be? Well Mikey wanted to see if the advertisement was true, and he proved that he could destroy one, right after he got it for Christmas! After that we lost interest in Tonka toys. And now they make them from plastic? Talk about losing sight of what they were about! LOL
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Offline heavenlee

• Attic High Priestess
  • High Roller
  • Nobody's Perfect...And I'm Nobody!!!
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2016, 10:28:17 PM »
He sure does!   Remember the character, Willy The Grounds Keeper?   Used to have a character of him in Quake 3 Arena I used as my player model.  I never saw it, but everyone else did!  I played as Willy in the clown suit all bright yellow and blue for years.  Then one day one of my buddies casually mentioned I stood out like a flashing neon sign.  I couldn't hide, and everyone used me for target practice.  Oh it was great fun, I just didn't realize I was getting attention nobody else was!  Ha!

Have you seen  much of Dark Elf lately? 

McG.

Lol! Willy the groundskeeper was an awesome character! Sounds like u had great fun!
I've spoken 2 Dark Elf yeah, he's been quite busy but i'm sure he'll pop in when he can xxx

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2016, 09:52:26 AM »
@ Agent0013 - oh, right, boxtops!   I don't remember if it was Raisin Bran, Cheerios, Corn Flakes or what, but there was this little plastic (novel new substance in late 50's!) submarine that ran on baking powder or baking soda.  One of them makes a gas when it gets wet.  Had a little compartment you fill with the powder, snap the lid down, and just set it in the bathtub and it moved and dove on its own.  It didn't come back up on its own though.  I think I was 4 or 5 when I sweet talked my grandmother into getting one for me.  Took months to eat enough breakfast cereal to get it for free.  But she DID get it, and had me spend a weekend with her and Papaw, and at bath time, she surprised me with it.  It came with a couple 'charges' worth of powder, so it was great fun for two baths.  Ha!  It tickled her and Papaw a lot at how enthused a child can get with little things.  That was really the only thing I recall getting with cereal box tops.  I recall some things that came IN cereal packages after that.   I got a frisbee when I was a teen.  I left my GI Joe in the closet and went for something that necessitated playing with other kids.   Frisbees worked in most weather, all the sport seasons.  So I got one of those glow in the dark ones at our dime store.   It turned out I could even practice using it alone.  Which often got me someone to play Frisbee with in the 'hood.  I found by accident if you do a normal underhand slinging but up at least 45 degrees, it came right back to me.   I learned how to be real accurate with my tosses, and the other kids enjoyed playing more cause I didn't make them run or dive to catch it. 
Frisbee became just as solid and permanent a fixture in society as various balls have.   I haven't played with a frisbee since my kids were under foot.   
McG.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2016, 09:58:02 AM »
Rice Krispies had the little baking soda subs.   Loved the ads showing Snap, Crackle and Pop riding in it LOLOL
We Shall Stand

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2016, 10:13:58 AM »
@ TL - cool!  I don't recall which cereal.  I do remember we ate all the ones we mentioned.  Rice Crispies were used in a few simple snack recipes too.  Really bad for a diabetic!

Online Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2016, 10:26:35 AM »
had  tonka  toys  growing up  made of  metal back then lasted a long time  unless you deliberty tried to destroy them  erector  sets and  lincon  logs were fun too

Online Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2016, 10:28:33 AM »
McG
you will have  your  baby owl  photos  soon  saw him this  morning  no camera  was  cloudy  overcast not good  picture  weather but  he  is  hanging   close  now so will go find  him  saturday

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2016, 10:38:49 AM »
Yo right!  Somewhere between age 3 and 10 in my little life, Tonka Toys came out!   I'd had whole piles of little sheet metal stamped out and process painted (silk screened) construction trucks, airplanes.  All with friction motors.  Some made sparks and had transparent colored plastic windows, portals, bubbles to show as lit up with the sparks.  I didn't ever have a Tonka toy truck of my own.  The younger kids did.  I did play with them some though.  :)
McG.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2016, 10:42:30 AM »
Fafnir - way cool with the baby owl!  And thanks!   Toys.  I believe if you give a kid a bowling ball, put in a rubber romper room, then come back later that kid has either lost it or broke it!   Even supervised, all kids tend to be that way!  LOL!
McG.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2016, 12:13:29 PM »
T - minus 17
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2016, 01:04:28 PM »

Fafnir - way cool with the baby owl!  And thanks!   Toys.  I believe if you give a kid a bowling ball, put in a rubber romper room, then come back later that kid has either lost it or broke it!   Even supervised, all kids tend to be that way!  LOL!
McG.
Not all kids, McG. I was among the rare few that actually cared for my toys. In fact, I had every brick and such that came in my very first Lego set until the age of 52! Lego was perhaps my favorite toy set of all I ever owned, because it could be virtually anything I could imagine. At the time I sold all my Lego I had about $30,000.00 worth; mostly Technic sets, with motors, gears, worm-gears, levers, pneumatics, etc. Was working on a robotic hand with individual working fingers and thumb, and very nearly had it perfected. Had about 12 years of development work in it, when I finally had to sell my collection. A robot dog I built from Lego worked really well, but those plastic parts just don't last for constant use, and I was constantly replacing one or another part. Even so I kept the dog working for 6 months. And all my friends were amazed.

I know! I know! Why did I sell all my Lego? I wonder about that now myself!

Here is a robotic arm and hand built by someone else, and I must say it was pretty well done. Mine was a bit more well controlled than this one, but only by a small margin, and I did not have an upper arm on mine.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2016, 01:37:31 PM »
That Lego robotics stuff is so cool man!    I bought specialty sets of Erector sets.  Made army tanks, trucks and control consoles, fun stuff.  We also had Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs and clay.   I don't recall Legos until I was in my teens.  I remember choosing not to get into them.  I was thinking about the draft at the time.  Never was aware of all the cool stuff that had come out for Lego until very recently!  The various Lego movies I've seen on TV made me aware.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2016, 01:47:34 PM »
T - minus 15 and counting

:heeheehee:
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2016, 01:59:50 PM »
That Lego robotics stuff is so cool man!    I bought specialty sets of Erector sets.  Made army tanks, trucks and control consoles, fun stuff.  We also had Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs and clay.   I don't recall Legos until I was in my teens.  I remember choosing not to get into them.  I was thinking about the draft at the time.  Never was aware of all the cool stuff that had come out for Lego until very recently!  The various Lego movies I've seen on TV made me aware.
Lego is the most versatile of all the construction type toys, and older folks like you and I are using it for serious development projects. I was doing that myself. You can even design special pieces you would like to have, and Lego will often make them for you!

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg