2018 Holiday Gift Drive

Ok, am collecting for the Community Gift Pages and you can follow the link to read about it.

Let me know if you wanna play tooooo.

2018 Holiday Gifting Drive

Gifting Participants

Pink = In my paws

CaliVee
Aelin
Chiron

Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
The Pole Dancer © Romangirl

TOTW

Valkyrie Downtime © DarkElf

Your Art Winner

Hell Horse Harley © Wingedwolf

Monthly Winners

MAY COTM Winner

Song from a Secret Garden © Heitaikai

Announcements!

Album is HERE

MAY CONTEST WINNERS

Mirtul ~ The Melting ~ Flight of the Flutterwings ~ May 2018 Contest Winners can be found HERE

NEW!!

June 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Bordertown
is your COTM challenge for JUNE. Contest Ends on June 30th, 2018

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Our Posting winners are prowling in here. They are the ones that are awarded for posting throughout the forum....not nonsense posts but actually are talking in here...just cause we are all mad here doesn't mean we are all nutz...LOL

The Prizes are:
500 posts - choose 1 free item from our store from our Market
1,000 Posts - choose 2 free items from our store from our Market
5,000 Posts - choose 3 free items from our store from our Market
10,000 Posts - $50 Gift Card for you to spend at your favorite place be it a 3D site or Restaurant or Retail Store.

Admins are not included in totals, we know we talk a lot...LOL

PinUp Wallpaper  © UteBigSmile

Author Topic: McGrandpa Has Made It To 1,000+ Posts...Congrats  (Read 2557 times)

Offline RodS

• A.S.S.O. (Attic Special Security Officer)
  • Ranking poster
  • Wizard of Weird...
    • Rod's Lair
Re: McGranpa Has Made It To 1,000+ Posts...Congrats
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2016, 10:52:56 PM »
Aiieeeee..... All this talk of food......

That's one of the things about getting older that sucks... I just can't eat like I used to be able to... And I LOVE to eat! Problem is, if I eat too much during the day, my stomach gives me the  :dispute: all night. My teammate and I frequently go to lunch together, and the guy has two hollow legs... I've never seen anyone eat so much and not weigh as much as a small pickup truck. He's stocky but not 'fat' - of course he's in his late 40s, so a tad younger than me.

Anyway, the wife and I went to Outback last night - I had bourbon-roasted salmon topped with bacon....Ohhhhh, yeah!  :heeheehee: :thumb_up:
If all is not lost, why can't I find it??  :thud:

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2016, 12:19:37 AM »
The first fish I ever cleaned and filleted was a sea bass caught in the waters off the Virginia Beach coast. It was about 14 pounds, and I actually did a really good job of it. I was 11 at the time, and my whole family had some great fried fish that night. Our next door neighbor had caught the fish by fishing from one of the many wharves along the coast.

We also used to go crabbing in the Chesapeake Bay, where some of the best Blue Crab comes from. My best friends dad was great at making Crab Stew with just the right amount of hot pepper. I chowed down when he made that.

Oysters were plentiful in the area too, and fresh ones are an essential ingredient for Oyster Pie! Yum Yum!
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I look way better than I feel
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2016, 06:32:11 AM »
That is something I learned about the East Coast.  CRABS are for eating, not cussin cause they took your bait!   Baltimorians say that Batimore, Md. is the crab capitol of the US.   I got to say, I believe it.   See, every state seems to have some kinda specialty they sell at their beer store drive thrus.   Baltimore is the only one that sells Blue Crabs the way we in Texas serve out BBQ sandwiches.  Only in Balto,  you got more variety.  Crabs by the dozen, $4.50, through $12.50 (BIG ones!), deviled crab, crab sandwiches, crab burgers, softshell crab sandwiches.  And it's all delicious.  In every back yard there's a picnic table.  On Crab Sunday, right after church, the folks stop off and get bags of crabs and a case of Budweiser, and a newspaper.  Get home and spread newspaper out, hand everyone a heavy handle butter knife, 1 crab and 1 beer.  Everyone.   Their crabs cook up spicy.  The Bud helps that.  Just like in Cajun country!   We all ate crabs till we were stuffed!  Mighty good eating!   That's for spring and summer, in autumn we leave em alone so they can replenish their numbers for next spring.  :o)  Mm GOOD!
McG.
McG. :java:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2016, 06:36:11 AM »
Aiieeeee..... All this talk of food......

That's one of the things about getting older that sucks... I just can't eat like I used to be able to... And I LOVE to eat! Problem is, if I eat too much during the day, my stomach gives me the  :dispute: all night. My teammate and I frequently go to lunch together, and the guy has two hollow legs... I've never seen anyone eat so much and not weigh as much as a small pickup truck. He's stocky but not 'fat' - of course he's in his late 40s, so a tad younger than me.

Anyway, the wife and I went to Outback last night - I had bourbon-roasted salmon topped with bacon....Ohhhhh, yeah!  :heeheehee: :thumb_up:

I overeat maybe twice a year.  It only takes one full plate to get there now too!   But during holiday time, I love my turkey dinner, with all the trimmings!  I try to push that plate back, but I gotta at least sample everything once!  LOL!

That bourbon and bacon salmon sounds great.  :)

McG.   :java:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2016, 06:40:54 AM »
butter  bacon grease  lard   course  i do use  water  for  steaming  and  also  olive  oil  for  cooking  too  :Dragon:

Brother Fafnir, I gotta tell ya, if they put Bacon Drippings in a can and sold it, I'd buy some every darn week!   Most any meats and veggies are great by themselves yes, but cooking in a little bacon grease?  DEEEEELICIOUS!  :o)   Spuds!   Taters of every fried variety!  Balony!  Franks!  BEANS!!!  Pintos, Butterbeans, Kidney Beans, Black Beans, RED Beans!  BEANS!   Mmmmmmmm!   But leave the lard out of it, I have to now.  I look at lard and shortning and put on pounds!
McG.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
Re: McGrandpa Has Made It To 1,000+ Posts...Congrats
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2016, 08:50:52 AM »
That is something I learned about the East Coast.  CRABS are for eating, not cussin cause they took your bait!   Baltimorians say that Batimore, Md. is the crab capitol of the US.   I got to say, I believe it.   See, every state seems to have some kinda specialty they sell at their beer store drive thrus.   Baltimore is the only one that sells Blue Crabs the way we in Texas serve out BBQ sandwiches.  Only in Balto,  you got more variety.  Crabs by the dozen, $4.50, through $12.50 (BIG ones!), deviled crab, crab sandwiches, crab burgers, softshell crab sandwiches.  And it's all delicious.  In every back yard there's a picnic table.  On Crab Sunday, right after church, the folks stop off and get bags of crabs and a case of Budweiser, and a newspaper.  Get home and spread newspaper out, hand everyone a heavy handle butter knife, 1 crab and 1 beer.  Everyone.   Their crabs cook up spicy.  The Bud helps that.  Just like in Cajun country!   We all ate crabs till we were stuffed!  Mighty good eating!   That's for spring and summer, in autumn we leave em alone so they can replenish their numbers for next spring.  :o)  Mm GOOD!
McG.
Yep! Baltimore is right up there at the head of the bay. My middle sister lives there, and on the rare occasion I get to visit here, I come prepared to eat and feast on seafood done the best ways of the whole east coast! I like going to their fish markets and buying a couple pounds of fresh oysters, not those big gritty ones but the medium one that don't have much grit. Found a couple of colored pearls that way, as the best way to buy them is in their shells and still living, packed in the bay water. Now shelling live ones is harder to do because those little creatures are like Hercules trying to keep you out! But when I make my Oyster Pie, it's all worth it!
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Online Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2016, 10:09:25 AM »
never  tried  oyster  pie   had oysters  most anyway  you can  fix them but  not in a pie  stew  steamed raw in cornbread  in dressing  in fancy restraunts ect

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2016, 02:29:41 PM »
How about that up to 51 replies and I just now noticed that the title of the post is misspelled

:tearlaugh:
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
Re: McGranDpa Has Made It To 1,000+ Posts...Congrats
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2016, 03:32:16 PM »
Not any more it ain't!  LOL!  I didn't notice it at all.  Mind just skipped right past the missing 'd'.  :)

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2016, 03:44:53 PM »
Aw man.  I LOVE seafood!   Batter Fried OYSTERS!  Raw oysters, steamed spicy clams.  Fish of all kinds, but I don't want blackened fish at all any more.  All that pepper just hides the flavor of the fish.   So many other flavorful ways to fix fish up.  I haven't had octopus, though while stationed on the ship we did get squid twice.  And it was actually very good.  We were so fortunate to have a great cook who absolutely loved cooking for other people.  Ship life was perfect for him.  He would get up real early sometimes just to bake up some special breads for the guys on the mid watch.  He even carried a basket of it round the ship to us.  Then I found out he was from Chicago-Detroit area.  I knew nothing about the area other than it was on the Great Lakes near Canada.  He smiled big and said "I will treat you to home cooking Chicago style!"  Folks seem to have different menus from place to place.  Houston seems mostly about Steak houses and BBQ with a healthy dash of Asian and Cajun in there.  Chicago though, lots of pot meals, like stews, soups, gravies on meats dishes.  I wonder if that is where SOS originated?  White creamy gravy with meat(s) in it over toast.  Like the Brits Beans n Toast for breakfast.   Everywhere I've been in my life there has been a lot of wonderful cooking I've sampled.   
It would be great to take a vacation and go up to Chicago area just to see what all is there.   But, I'd also have to win some of that lottery to afford a trip!  LOL!
McG.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2016, 05:13:35 PM »
I have no idea what you're talking about "J".....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.... :java:
We Shall Stand

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2016, 05:19:07 PM »
:@u:
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2016, 05:33:07 PM »
That's a lot of SLOBBER, J! :rowrow: :rain-rain:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2016, 05:43:04 PM »
When Luffie disagrees .. it do tend to get messy .. what can one say ...

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2016, 05:46:10 PM »
 :CHAPLI:
We Shall Stand

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial