2018 Holiday Gift Drive

Ok, am collecting for the Community Gift Pages and you can follow the link to read about it.

Let me know if you wanna play tooooo.

2018 Holiday Gifting Drive

Gifting Participants

Pink = In my paws

CaliVee
Aelin
Chiron

Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
Fawn © Midnightvelvet

TOTW

Learning © Musicat

Your Art Winner

Top model © Nemesis

Monthly Winners

MAY COTM Winner

Song from a Secret Garden © Heitaikai

Announcements!

Album is HERE

MAY CONTEST WINNERS

Mirtul ~ The Melting ~ Flight of the Flutterwings ~ May 2018 Contest Winners can be found HERE

NEW!!

June 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Bordertown
is your COTM challenge for JUNE. Contest Ends on June 30th, 2018

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: The Birth of Stormbringer!  (Read 10510 times)

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I look way better than I feel
The Birth of Stormbringer!
« on: June 23, 2016, 06:16:44 AM »
OK, I be here J!    True, a little more out of the public way.  I'm not as likely to suffer heavily from that foot and mouth disease.  :(

Did ya get the zip ok?  AND, when we go to hit the render button and start timing (how do ya tell how long a render went on? ) I will just use RENDER as Render In Background sorta gives me an advantage.  I can keep doing other stuff while the render goes.  THAT one to me is priceless!
McG.
McG. :java:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
Re: The Birth of Stormbringer!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 08:02:01 AM »
I c u !

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 08:04:19 AM »
On the tool bar there is a drop down called scripts > partners (?) > Dimension 3d > render firefly

It brings up a dialog box for additional settings one can tweak, once set or use default which is what I will set it at, you can then click on "Render Time" and it will render the scene and give a dialog box with the length of time it took to do the scene once complete.

We got the zip and as mentioned had to go to work did open a new scene and have the repair shop and the acacia loaded once back home I will be able to set the camera and light the same and press the button

I render in the background as well and can do other things while it is running.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 08:16:19 AM »
On the tool bar there is a drop down called scripts > partners (?) > Dimension 3d > render firefly

It brings up a dialog box for additional settings one can tweak, once set or use default which is what I will set it at, you can then click on "Render Time" and it will render the scene and give a dialog box with the length of time it took to do the scene once complete.

We got the zip and as mentioned had to go to work did open a new scene and have the repair shop and the acacia loaded once back home I will be able to set the camera and light the same and press the button

I rendeer in the background as well and can do other things while it is running.

Excellent!   I think while you and the rest of the world is off working I'll hit the hay for a nap.  Can't sleep in the heat, but its cool now and can snooze a bit.  Scene is ready to render here too.  I will use that D3D render thing!

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 08:20:43 AM »
I never even looked at that one J.  I will be using it all the time now, which means copying the py to an easier to reach place like in Utility!  Ha!
One other thing, I am using PP 2014 most of the time now (still).  Cause they are really messing up with PP 11 and the Library.
McG.

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 08:48:50 AM »
It is a godsend to say the least I especially like being able to tweak the settings even further then the drop down on the tool bar
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 08:50:11 AM »
I never even looked at that one J.  I will be using it all the time now, which means copying the py to an easier to reach place like in Utility!  Ha!
One other thing, I am using PP 2014 most of the time now (still).  Cause they are really messing up with PP 11 and the Library.
McG.

That's fine we are just looking to do a side by side comparison and figure out where the bottle neck is located on my system.

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 02:20:03 PM »
All right been reading here and there and what I want to know is about the GPU render feature that Poser 11 and 2014 have, which I do not have in Poser 10

Is that what is contributing to the differences in our render times?

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 04:32:23 PM »
I have no clue.   I am not using SuperFly.   There are no options I can find to control that in ANY Poser version I have.  Studio has options for that.   2014 does have some options for doing some stuff in hardware.  But that is for the Preview room.   So, I dunno.  I know that 2014 is all 64 bits and it made a big difference over the original Poser Pro.  I sorta skipped (waited really) from Pro (7) to 2014.  And now, I bought a Poser Pro 11 upgrade and the program IS better but the Library is for shit right now.  So, I wait for them to fix their screw up before trying to use it seriously.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 04:34:59 PM »
A first render using the D3D Firefly panel;  well see the little screencap attached.  18 mins 19 secs.  And I watched it, the acacia canopy slowed the advance of the squares to a near halt!  LOL!

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 05:55:27 PM »
Well, methinks we might be on to something now as I loaded all your settings into the scene reset my render controls to default and then loaded your setting there and then did the "render time" from the script.

Final Time:

00:10:18.608

Now we be talking ...

Damn, so it is obvious I have been bogging things down all this time with excessive settings that add nothing to a scene but time.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 06:44:32 PM »
Well, yeah,  a little.  But how can you know?  If you hung out in some Poser geek forums you might have caught some of these tidbits. I picked up this stuff in the usenet Ng alt.binaries.3d.poser.  There's always someone rooting around trying stuff out.
One obvious one is using IDL in the outdoor setting.  Running render with then without a item shows what's what.  But hours of difference?  Whew!
McG.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 06:47:25 PM »
IDL has great uses.  But really wasn't made to be an infinite light. 
McG.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 06:50:22 PM »
Knocked 8 mins off my time, yeah that's great!  Now your machine is showing its biceps!

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 07:12:45 PM »
I wonder what would happen if I do it again with the extra special functions enabled in the D3D dialog box

Take longer no doubt, but still I am so happy to see that when we use the same settings that Stormbringer lives up to its potential.

I do see that my biggest hurdle has been my lighting all these years,

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial