Happy Halloween!!!

image credits
Character & Outfit: B-Untamed by Amaranth
 Witch Hat: by Lunchlady
 Broomstick: Freebie No Read Me
 Background: Lucky 7 Halloween BGs by GillB

© NitaB

Visit our Annual Halloween 2104 Time to Howl gift page and grab your goodies that our participants have graciously made for all to enjoy and make loads of things with them....let us see what you can come up with.

You may need to turn down your speakers and turn off the lights.

Check out today's (10-26) gift!

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
  'Light?'© Aelin

TOTW
  Paula's Art © PaulaD

Click links below to see these two competitions.

FANTASY ART ENTRY
  Sing for Me © Jherrith

YOUR ART Monthly Winner
  Rise and Shine © Wayii

Find us here too!

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

VOTE for our site!

Click image to go cast your vote, then go
 HERE!
to post it in the forum!

Awards given out

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award
100 votes - Copper Award

Our Awards in 2014:

100+ votes award300+ votes award1000+ votes award

Announcements!

img

Monthly Competitions

Marpenoth ~ 7th Annual Feast of the Moon ~ Witches ~ Oct. 2014 Contest

"YOUR ART" Contest

Weekly Competitions

Calendars

img

The Fantasy Attic 2014 PINUP CALENDAR is now on sale. What a GREAT GIFT these will make.

Take a trip to LULU by clicking RIGHT HERE.

Thank you to all our artists that took part in the creation of these calendars.  

We will soon be using Cafe Press to show off your art on other items beside Calendars.

Programs!

Daz Studio Freedaz

Check out Poser too!

and the newest for the game developers

Author Topic: Michele's Paint Shop Pro Newbie 101  (Read 699 times)  Share 

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Hello...Follow Me To Your Room
    • The Fantasy Attic
Michele's Paint Shop Pro Newbie 101
« on: April 11, 2009, 09:20:44 AM »
As most of you know.....I'm not the greatest one for reading instructions so it takes me twice as long to figure things out in these programs then it does to sit and read what I have to do.....It's a MAN thing ya know......

But after my frustrating time of trying to get my background to be transparent in Paint Shop Pro and not haveing good results....I started web surfing for some good informational sites.

Though the PSP site is great....It's limited to it's product only and is not a FUN read. 

I found this wonderful site and I hope you enjoy it.  If all approve, I would like to us to put a link on our add page somewhere to link to them.  I chatted with the owner of the site and she is thrilled that I found her site so much fun....and would love for us to link to her. 

And to add to their excitement....see their new announcement:

Look for us in the Official Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo Magazine:
Issue 8 2009 - Look for our video tutorials in the Official Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo Magazine. We are pleased to announce that Michele's Paint Shop Newbie 101 has their tutorials listed in this months issue 8 on the wonderful CD collection. It is packed with featured information on fixing your faded photos, and so much more. Get inspired by this magazine as each page is packed with tips, tricks, and news. Your creative mind will venture out with this issue for sure. I would like to thank the magazines editor, Duncan Evans, for all of his hard work. We are honored and excited and hope you will check out this current issue today. You can also find us in Issue 7 2009.

So take a peek right here
We Shall Stand

Offline DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Attic Icon
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
Re: Michele's Paint Shop Pro Newbie 101
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 08:35:25 AM »
not sure what or how you tried to make the background transparent but to do so you need to choose either compuserve gif or png from the save window's drop down menu.

that should give you the clear background as it does in photoshop too.

jpg always gives you a white background or whatever color you choose.....using the instructions from the help window will give you a transparent background but making the save either a gif or png is easier.

sometimes a gif will still be a bit blurry and the png is sometimes sharper looking.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Hello...Follow Me To Your Room
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: Michele's Paint Shop Pro Newbie 101
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 07:00:53 PM »
Yup....and your advice is absolutely correct......png is the way to go....so saved all 2GB of new stuff as PNG's..... :kittydance: :kittydance: :kittydance:
We Shall Stand

img
participial