2017 Community Gift Pages

Halloween's Madness Abounds

Christmas Gift Roster started and so far what/who we have waiting under the tree.
You can read about it HERE

Gathered for Christmas so far: 30

Christmas Pledges!

SpookieLilOne

Summoner
morganahope

Under the tree:

Aelin
Amaranth
M-Callahan
Sanbie
Anniemotion
BronzeDragon
CathyY
UteBigSmile
theKatster
Agent0013
cougarmadcat
Prae
Napalmarsenal
Angells
sidherose
Barbariandreams
Llola Lane

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2017 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2017 Voting Awards

copperpewterbronzesilvergold platinum

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

THE NOVEMBER CONTEST HAS ENDED

Winners have been announced. Details HERE

2017 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

December 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Change in the House"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Idea for some that want to contribute.....  (Read 417 times)

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
Idea for some that want to contribute.....
« on: August 28, 2016, 06:32:45 PM »
Amaranth has created an old church for the Halloween gifties. It is an untextured .obj, which can be imported into most programs that use it including Poser and Bryce.

The idea is this: Create a texture for the church (Poser or Daz or both).

If any one is interested them please PM me (DA) and I will send you the zip and then you can send me the texture you create for it.

Possibilities are endless as to the type of church you want, dilapidated or gothic or oober fancy.....think what you can do.

All I ask is when you do get it done please zip it up with your readme. Also I need an image to show what the folks will be getting.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
Re: Idea for some that want to contribute.....
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 12:33:44 AM »
I have a question or two about it:
Has it been UV mapped, or does that need to be done as well as making textures? Is there an interior? What types of textures would Amaranth like to have for it?
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 02:44:20 AM »
I have a question or two about it:
Has it been UV mapped, or does that need to be done as well as making textures?

Yes it is u vmapped.

Is there an interior? What types of textures would Amaranth like to have for it?

Build yourself Misson church contains :

1 Church obj
1 Frontchurch obj
1 Altar obj
1 Altar ground obj
Fear not,
You are never alone,
Always.

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 07:25:18 AM »
And :congrats: to all people trying something.
Alas, i'm not good to texture architecture. But i'm excited to discover all when the time of Halloween will be come.

Offline Amaranth

• Bumblebee
  • Administrator
  • Attic Icon
  • Do No Harm
    • Art by Amaranth
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 08:56:03 AM »
yes I've uvmapped it, attached are the uv maps. If you feel it needs re-mapped please be my guest. I'm rather new at modelling buildings lol and I've kept it lowpoly.

Doesn't matter what textures you choose mostly mission churches are white on the outside. If they are abandonned they can get dirty and overgrown with weed and moss.

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 12:21:10 PM »
Thanks Amaranth
Fear not,
You are never alone,
Always.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 12:28:00 PM »
Thanks DA and Amaranth, as I am working on projects of my own, I will have to think about this. I may decide to go for it, but will need to find texture resources if I decide to try doing this.

Now my skills are lacking in getting things into Poser formats, so if I make textures, they will be just the raw maps, but will include the diffuse, bump/displacement, transparency, and normal. If someone else wishes to format for Poser and/or DAZ Studio, they can feel free to do so. I'll let you know soon my decision.

Stay Awesome!
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 01:30:06 PM »
For textures in architecture, look by there: http://thefantasiesattic.net/attic/index.php?board=575.0
It's our section on the forum to talk of some packs. I will look also if we have some galleries of DA in topics elsewhere. If yes, i edit this message.

Edit:
http://texturify.com/   (their rules here: http://texturify.com/pages/about.html  )

http://jojo-ojoj.deviantart.com/gallery/

http://borysses.deviantart.com/gallery/5901662/Textures

http://suztv.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Carolann

• PSP Mistress
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • The PSP Studio
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 02:32:12 PM »
thankyou
Every day is a learning day

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 05:01:33 PM »
Aelin, those are nice, but in the Americas Mission Churches are surfaced by a plaster called adobe. Very plain looking compared to the big gothic cathedrals found in Europe, the most fancy part of a Mission is the Stained Glass windows, and not all of them even have that. I visited the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas; which is the Mission that was attacked by the Mexicans, and was where several historic men were massacred. The walls were covered by this surfacing material, which is made from the surrounding Earth mixed with water to create a type of putty like plaster that gets trowelled on. Often this is then painted after it has thoroughly dried using white paint. The reasons for this type of architectural style are simple ones. There were few resources available to the local populace, so they used what was there, and the people were poor, which made imported materials next to impossible to get. Fast forward about 200 years, and we see that this is still in practice, and has become a part of the culture. It has a charm all its own, and a history all its own.

Offline Cerrydwenn

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 09:49:26 AM »
is it hard (complicated) to create textures? do you need specific programs that i can't afford? if not maybe i could come up with a true new mexico mission to add

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 10:02:14 AM »
Normally in Photoshop, PSP or something like this you can create your own textures thanks to the template.
I don't remember, have you Poser or Daz Studio to check if they work well after?

Offline Cerrydwenn

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 10:07:27 AM »
i have poser 9 and the most recent daz, but no idea how to make the model go find the textures. figured i'd ask for help with that if i was able to accomplish the actual textures first. otherwise i worry too much about all the details and talk myself out of doing anything before i even get started! sharing is very intimidating for me. i like to think i'm a badass but it turns out i'm really not.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 10:33:06 AM »
is it hard (complicated) to create textures? do you need specific programs that i can't afford? if not maybe i could come up with a true new mexico mission to add
If you have any of a large number of image editing programs, you can use them to create textures. Some of the most used include PhotoShop, PaintShop Pro, Gimp (free download and quite comparable to PhotoShop), and my favorite Project Dogwaffle Artist or Howler, which have reasonable pricing, and you can get a good version of Artist for free.

As for making textures, you will need the UV mapped templates, because the textures are maps made using these templates to define where on a model certain texture images are used. There are some great tutorials available for each of these programs.

You will also need resource images of textures, like the plaster like adobe texture, a gray scale version of it, perhaps a wood texture image showing the wood-grain, perhaps some stone textures and gray scale versions of those, etc.

You will also need to understand how each aspect of the textures are used in programs that can accept the model, like Poser and DAZ Studio. If you go to the editing feature for the materials (Materials Room for Poser, and Surfaces Colors for DAZ Studio) you will see that there are several surfacing features than can be edited. In this case, you will likely need to use Diffuse Color, Bump and/or Displacement, Transparency and/or Opacity, and optionally, Normal.

I know it sounds complex, but usually the complexity is determined by the templates, as in what there is on each one. I suggest you play around with these things before you try making textures for a model. Just take an existing model you have already, make sure it is selected, go to the Materials Room (Poser) or Surfaces Editing (DAZ Studio) and try clicking on the different things you see in each of the features I mentioned. There are image thumbs you can use to assign an image to a surface on your model. If you click on those, a navigation window will appear that allows you to navigate to a location on your computer where you have images stored. click on one of the images and it will load onto your model.

Yes that is a lot to take in all at once, but this is as simple as I can make it. There's a whole lot more for advanced texture making/assigning.

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 10:33:38 AM »
Don't worry, we are all a little shy to start with the share. :yes:

Ok so for Poser you go in the Material Room (sorry i have P11 to show you, but i suppose not too much differences).
After, in this room for architecture:
- you choose the material in the list (for a wall, window, door...) [step 2]
- you go on the "node" diffuse color and you click on the name of texture already in place (if you have one). Otherwise, you create the node with "2D texture => image map".
- Once you click to add on "image_source" [step 4], you have a new window with a button "browse". You look in your computer or runtime where you put the texture you wish to use.
You select, then back in the window with "browse" button this time you do OK. And your texture replace the previous one.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial