2017 Community Gift Pages

Halloween's Madness Abounds

Christmas Gift Roster started and so far what/who we have waiting under the tree.
You can read about it HERE

Gathered for Christmas so far: 30

Christmas Pledges!

SpookieLilOne

Summoner
morganahope

Under the tree:

Aelin
Amaranth
M-Callahan
Sanbie
Anniemotion
BronzeDragon
CathyY
UteBigSmile
theKatster
Agent0013
cougarmadcat
Prae
Napalmarsenal
Angells
sidherose
Barbariandreams
Llola Lane

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2017 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2017 Voting Awards

copperpewterbronzesilvergold platinum

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

THE NOVEMBER CONTEST HAS ENDED

Winners have been announced. Details HERE

2017 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

December 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Change in the House"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Idea for some that want to contribute.....  (Read 415 times)

Online Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
Re: Idea for some that want to contribute.....
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 10:45:47 AM »
That of course was the explanation before to save in mc6 your textures once all is on place. Yep i forgot to talk of the last  :whuaat:
This is simple in fact.

- go on the sign for "materials" folders (underline in yellow here). It's probably a little different between all versions, but Poser keep always the same order for categories.
- either you have a folder to put in, or you can create thanks to little signs (on the first screen capture)
- then you have just to save your mc6 file. Click on the + and a window is opened.
- in this window: give a name for the texture. Often we choose "select all", and clicking on button we select all. Click on OK!

And you ended!  :Hi5:

Online Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 10:59:29 AM »
For DS4 now.
- go in "Surfaces" tab, and choose the texture(s) you wish to change.
- "Diffuse color" is here again to welcome your texture. Click on the little picture of the texture, then choose "browse" in the list. Like for Poser, a window will be opened and you seek where you have your texture. Once done, click on OK.

To save now, if i'm not bad, you go in Files => Save as => material(s) preset. And you choose in the window where you save the texture, and it's name.
A new grey window comes and you choose what part(s) of texture for the object your wish to select.
[compress file is only if you wish avoid somebody change your code; you can uncheck it]
Click on accept, and it's the end.  :Hi5:

Offline Cerrydwenn

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 11:07:43 PM »
wow aelin and agent0013 you put a lot more time into those answers than i was expecting. thanks for the info! i'll try to play around with some things and see if i can make it work. i'm not the best with technology, it sometimes takes me a lot longer to figure out things that others find automatic. i appreciate the lesson from both of you.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 12:44:09 AM »
You're welcome.

My first try at texturing was not even in any regular art program. It was in Microsoft Office PowerPoint. I used the program to create the models and to make the textures. The models were made using a feature I learned about in which 2D shapes could be made into 3D objects. I made models using several different shapes and assigned 3D bevels to them to make them look better. I combined them to create the models I wanted. I then used the same program to make image maps that could then be pasted onto the models. I amazed my computer professor when I showed him what I was doing. He said he never knew that type of thing could be done with PowerPoint. And get this, I was just four months into learning to use a computer! Before that I had no real experience of any kind with computers.

I could not make human or animal figures with that program because of its limited capabilities, so I looked for any program I could find that could  give me those types of models. I found DAZ Studio 4 for free, and decided to grab it. Learning to use it was hampered by the lack of a user manual, so I looked for tutorials wherever I could find them and followed the instructions given. Lighting was not being addressed though, and I noted that no shadows were showing in my renders. I knew that shadows had to be available, because I saw them in renders that other artists had done. So I explored the Lights and Cameras tab, and found what I was looking for. That's how I developed my own lighting and shadowing style.

Well I got Aiko 3 with the MechGirl Anime Bundle, and it included her MechGirl Outfit and the Stinger Spacecraft. There was only 2 texture sets for the suit and the craft, so I looked at those and found I could copy their Textures into PowerPoint. There I was able to make modifications to the textures. So that was how I made my first textures for use in DAZ Studio.

So you see, I was slow to learn things too, but with determination for getting what I wanted, because I could find no tutorials concerning that, I more or less taught myself a technique that worked fairly well. All this was done by exploring the various features I had to work with.

This is what I encourage you to do also, but with one thing I did not have; someone to ask for advice and help! So if you have questions please feel free to ask, no matter how dumb you think the questions are. my philosophy is that there are no stupid questions other than the one you never ask. Asking questions is one of the best ways in the world to learn. Anybody that thinks your questions are stupid does not deserve to help you, because they will berate you and ridicule you for asking the questions. What they forget is that they had to ask similar things when they first started too! So ask away! I promise to respect you, and will do my best to give you meaningful answers.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Offline DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 02:57:54 AM »
wow aelin and agent0013 you put a lot more time into those answers than i was expecting. thanks for the info! i'll try to play around with some things and see if i can make it work. i'm not the best with technology, it sometimes takes me a lot longer to figure out things that others find automatic. i appreciate the lesson from both of you.

All you gots to do is yell and there are always folks around to help out and not make you feel like a dolt for asking either. We all had to learn ourselves and many by the seat of their pants...LOL

I am self taught too but for Poser 4 I had a book that came with the store bought program and I would sit, read and try it out then write down what I did fo doing it again later.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Online Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 07:19:17 AM »
Don't worry Cerrydwenn! I'm not the best also, but i like the DIY even with computers.

Like Agent i started with Daz in 3D, but it was with DS3, just before their next level; so i started with Poser format files. Step by step, we learn all how make poses, then textures, then perhaps more. A good thing is also to look in codes to see a little the codes.
We learn again and again like they are more faster than us :psycho: But it's a good challenge. Tutorials and questions are the better way to move ahead, because when you have a "book" to learn, it's often hundred pages in the same time and not always easy to go to a point on another like they aren't paper books; impossible to keep well several pages to back toward them.

Offline Cerrydwenn

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 09:56:21 AM »
i would never have guessed that power point could do that either! you guys are so creative

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 10:59:05 AM »
Most people that have PowerPoint are only scratching the surface of what it can do. Me? Well I looked at what was on that surface, thought about unusual ways to use it, explored whether those ways were possible, and discovered that yes they are! Then I proceeded to create what really amounts to an art application for my own use, all within PowerPoint. I had to create several PowerPoint Presentations, as they are called, each being a category of content which I used for my art. I actually had folks coming to me at college wanting me to teach my methods to them! So I did that, and I would coach them through the processes involved as they performed the tasks I asked them to perform. Hands on Learning, if you will, makes for an excellent way to teach. I had a digital art class I was running in the cafeteria at the college; and I did it all free of charge. It got back to several of the professors there, and I even had a couple of them sitting in and learning from me! Not to toot my own horn, but if I were on the outside looking at all this going on, I would think that is amazing! My computer professor as much as said so himself!
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial