2017 Community Gift Pages

Halloween's Madness Abounds

Christmas Gift Roster started and so far what/who we have waiting under the tree.
You can read about it HERE

Gathered for Christmas so far: 35

Christmas Pledges!

SpookieLilOne

morganahope

Under the tree:

Aelin
Amaranth
M-Callahan
Sanbie
Anniemotion
BronzeDragon
CathyY
UteBigSmile
theKatster
Agent0013
cougarmadcat
Prae
Napalmarsenal
Angells
sidherose
Barbariandreams
Llola Lane
Summoner
Scouseaphrenia

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2017 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2017 Voting Awards

copperpewterbronzesilvergold platinum

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

THE NOVEMBER CONTEST HAS ENDED

Winners have been announced. Details HERE

2017 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

December 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Change in the House"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: December contest theme ideas 2016  (Read 804 times)

Offline tbone9914

• Just In
  • Be where you are
Re: December contest theme ideas 2016
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2016, 08:26:27 PM »
there are a lot of good ideas here already but how about.....

Under the mistletoe

Santa Baby Pin-ups

Salute to the Snowman/person

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2016, 08:37:07 PM »

Under the mistletoe

Santa Baby Pin-ups

Hey, we're always up for more! :smiley:

Will add these to the list!

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2016, 08:49:13 PM »
last  project  i did  was replacing a 12 foot section of the top railing  on a  shrimp  boat we was lifting  the  doors  on board  and  the  main lifting  line  broke and  down came  the  doors  right on  the cap rail broke  it  and  a  plank or  two  no body hurt  door size  was  12' by48"  with 1" steel runner on bottom of  doors  just a  little  heavy  anyway  repair  job came out  like  it  was  done  in a  boat yard and  where i  spliced in  the  new piece  of  railing and  planking  you couldn't see the  seams

Sounds like good job there Fafnir!

The stairway to the living quarters of the two and a half story 'shotgun' house of my daughter's father's parents in Mass. was made by a master boatright out of big thick ballusters and a carven endpost. That didn't have anything but wooden dowels either. I don't remember what wood it was from but it was a hard-wood. Their closets were lined in cedar panels and they had a set of 'pineapple beds' - real actual ones. All of it was gorgeous. And I could have sat in the closet all day long - lol.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2016, 08:51:50 PM »

Under the mistletoe

Santa Baby Pin-ups

Are those pinups of Santa Baby or Santa's 'helpers' :wink:

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2016, 09:04:22 PM »
OK, been having issues with net today and just got on....am already confoozled.

Primary post claims that the voting stops FRIDAY morning...that I understand but Friday is NOT the 23rd...tomorrow is.

So to clarify for those still wanting to put their two cents in...which is it Wed. or Friday

This Suggestion Topic will remain open until Friday morning, the 23rd of November due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. So if you're going 'over the river and through the woods', or you're hosting dinner yourself, get your suggestions in early!
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2016, 09:10:04 PM »
Oh, oops! I forgot to change the day in there. But then previously there was another one in here somewhere that said "Wednesday the 19th."

Hmmmmm, are you rubbing off on us DA?

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2016, 09:11:41 PM »
Thank you for noticing and pointing it out. Fixed now.

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2016, 09:37:33 PM »
Thank you for noticing and pointing it out. Fixed now.

With the way my day has been going----nothing has worked right at all and internet zonked out and comatose nearly all day...I thought maybe I was seeing things...LOL

TY love.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2016, 09:42:12 PM »
:fainting: Oh me too! I love wood :smiley:

Rally, I do. I once saw a bentwood rocker made from unstained walnut. No cushions, just the wood. No nails or screws - only walnut dowling and glue...all very tightly sealed and smooth as the proverbial baby's behind. I told the guy it was gorgeous and asked him how much? $1200 and you take it home." Too much for my purse. I asked him if I could sit in it. You know what, that was one of the most comfortable chairs I EVER sat in - even without cushions. The seat was long enough for my legs. It was like Edith Ann's (Lily Tomlin) "Big Chair" in a way. I said then, "I can't afford that, but oh my god can I just sit here for a bit? It's so comfortable!" "Be my guest," he smiled. Funny thing was, he looked like he was most likely a gypsy. But that chair was some of the best woodwork I've ever seen in my life and worth every penny of that $1200.
No nails or screws, and constructed by using glue. That's a sign of a really good furniture builder, and cabinetmaker. That's one of my strong points. I learned long ago that jointing done with glue is extremely strong, and all the best woodworkers use it. I won't say Im the best at it, but I will say that I am ranked high on that list.

One job I held was at a custom bus building company named Metrotrans, where I was their top cabinet builder.  Customers even asked for me to be the builder of their cabinetry. They knew I made sure my work was as close to perfect as possible. When I left the company a full 60% of the cabinets going into those buses were my design. And building the on board restroom was a skill no one else could pick up. Several people were brought to me to train at that, and though I am quite good at teaching such things, none could wrap their heads around that type of construction. So I wound up cabinet shop supervisor, cabinet designer, and the only cabinetmaker that could do certain tasks. The reason I was that good is because I know geometry quite well, and I think in 3 dimensions, being able to visualize what the desired piece will look like once it is in place. On top of all that, I had members of the higher ups in the company coming to me to have private projects built. I would ask them what they wanted and would then sit down and draw up something that would work. I'd show my drawings to them and if they approved it, I'd get right to work cutting, shaping, gluing & assembling, and finishing the piece. Never got even one complaint from any of my customers.

I could tell you more concerning my life as a woodworker, but I will save it for later.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2016, 09:50:58 PM »

With the way my day has been going----nothing has worked right at all and internet zonked out and comatose nearly all day...I thought maybe I was seeing things...LOL

TY love.

I'm just having trouble with my Intra-net I think. My processors aren't cooperating with my RAM. Or something. Could be because I didn't take my pills yesterday and today I did. 'Re-adjustument' of 'something' in there. I sure don't want the Manic Mechanic sticking another screwdriver in the base of my skull ever again!!

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2016, 09:59:29 PM »
No nails or screws, and constructed by using glue. That's a sign of a really good furniture builder, and cabinetmaker. That's one of my strong points. I learned long ago that jointing done with glue is extremely strong, and all the best woodworkers use it. I won't say Im the best at it, but I will say that I am ranked high on that list.

One job I held was at a custom bus building company named Metrotrans, where I was their top cabinet builder.  Customers even asked for me to be the builder of their cabinetry. They knew I made sure my work was as close to perfect as possible. When I left the company a full 60% of the cabinets going into those buses were my design. And building the on board restroom was a skill no one else could pick up. Several people were brought to me to train at that, and though I am quite good at teaching such things, none could wrap their heads around that type of construction. So I wound up cabinet shop supervisor, cabinet designer, and the only cabinetmaker that could do certain tasks. The reason I was that good is because I know geometry quite well, and I think in 3 dimensions, being able to visualize what the desired piece will look like once it is in place. On top of all that, I had members of the higher ups in the company coming to me to have private projects built. I would ask them what they wanted and would then sit down and draw up something that would work. I'd show my drawings to them and if they approved it, I'd get right to work cutting, shaping, gluing & assembling, and finishing the piece. Never got even one complaint from any of my customers.

I could tell you more concerning my life as a woodworker, but I will save it for later.

Well, we all have things we're good at but that doesn't mean we can't appreciate fine work when we see it. The Denver Public School system always wanted me to draft their 'School Survey's' on linen because I Leroy lettered them and I knew how to erase on linen without biting through the coating overmuch with the eraser and causing a weak spot in the map. I'm killer with a Number 11 Exacto blade too.... But that's not terribly exciting isn't it.

By the way, I was killer at Isometric and Planimetric drafting too in HS drafting class. I don't need no stinking GPS to read a map.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2016, 11:31:47 PM »

Are those pinups of Santa Baby or Santa's 'helpers' :wink:

Eartha Kitt was also to me the best Catwoman ever. Yeah the show was really campy, but she took that role and made it perfect!
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2016, 11:53:50 PM »
Well, we all have things we're good at but that doesn't mean we can't appreciate fine work when we see it. The Denver Public School system always wanted me to draft their 'School Survey's' on linen because I Leroy lettered them and I knew how to erase on linen without biting through the coating overmuch with the eraser and causing a weak spot in the map. I'm killer with a Number 11 Exacto blade too.... But that's not terribly exciting isn't it.

By the way, I was killer at Isometric and Planimetric drafting too in HS drafting class. I don't need no stinking GPS to read a map.
Math is a very important part of construction as well as most other jobs. When I was growing up we did not have calculators until I was in the 8th grade, and we could not bring them to school. Now it is a requirement in all schools including colleges. A lot of kids these days could not do a relatively simple equation to save their lives without their "trusty calculator"! As much as I hated math in school, I understand that it is needed if one is to get by in the world. Even though I hate math for the most part, I love geometry, and have a natural talent for it.Yes there are 2D shapes in geometry, but more important to my profession is 3D shapes! As I said in my previous comment, I think in 3 dimensions! I think that is why cabinetmaking and furniture building comes so easily to me. Well that plus my ability to read a tape even to a 64th of an inch! Also you cannot fool me on angles. I have always been good at how to form a desired angle from the edges of two boards, knowing what angle to cut the edges with to get the angle that is needed.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2016, 12:09:06 AM »
Eartha Kitt was also to me the best Catwoman ever. Yeah the show was really campy, but she took that role and made it perfect!

I agree. I think the only other woman that could 'meow' as well as Eartha was Peggy Lee.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2016, 12:24:54 AM »
Math is a very important part of construction as well as most other jobs. When I was growing up we did not have calculators until I was in the 8th grade, and we could not bring them to school. Now it is a requirement in all schools including colleges. A lot of kids these days could not do a relatively simple equation to save their lives without their "trusty calculator"! As much as I hated math in school, I understand that it is needed if one is to get by in the world. Even though I hate math for the most part, I love geometry, and have a natural talent for it.Yes there are 2D shapes in geometry, but more important to my profession is 3D shapes! As I said in my previous comment, I think in 3 dimensions! I think that is why cabinetmaking and furniture building comes so easily to me. Well that plus my ability to read a tape even to a 64th of an inch! Also you cannot fool me on angles. I have always been good at how to form a desired angle from the edges of two boards, knowing what angle to cut the edges with to get the angle that is needed.

An Isometric is an 'exploded view' ergo 3D. Planimetric is 2D. ;)

I could get Geometry too because I saw a practical application in things like Pool, Billiards and Pin-ball. Although to some degree that is also Calculus and Algebra. Especially when you do 'jump shots' you have to get the 'English' just right - the spin and the trajectory. But it was just something came kind of intuitively to me. I'm pretty good at eye-balling angles and whether or not something is askew or off by eye - even now in PShop. I saw an application with it in yes, construction and architecture. I've also been an architectural draftsman for about 6-8 years. Mining, architecture, surveying, mapping and soils engineering. I could read the surveyor's stadia books and construct something from their bearings and angles and make it close every time - unless it absolutely didn't. Those got sent back out to re-survey them - and do topo maps from them for Bank Loan Surveys and Subdivision Plats. I got to do all of those too.

One of the first things my Dad taught me was Perspective and layout, and drawing the eye of the viewer into the image. A very handy thing to know in Art and Architectural Renders. But that was my boss's forte so never got to do those. He WAS really good at it.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg