2017 Community Gift Pages

Halloween's Madness Abounds

Christmas Gift Roster started and so far what/who we have waiting under the tree.
You can read about it HERE

Gathered for Christmas so far: 30

Christmas Pledges!

SpookieLilOne

Summoner
morganahope

Under the tree:

Aelin
Amaranth
M-Callahan
Sanbie
Anniemotion
BronzeDragon
CathyY
UteBigSmile
theKatster
Agent0013
cougarmadcat
Prae
Napalmarsenal
Angells
sidherose
Barbariandreams
Llola Lane

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2017 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2017 Voting Awards

copperpewterbronzesilvergold platinum

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

THE NOVEMBER CONTEST HAS ENDED

Winners have been announced. Details HERE

2017 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

December 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Change in the House"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: January 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM) - CLOSED  (Read 2174 times)

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
Re: January 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM) - CLOSED
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2017, 09:43:31 PM »
LOL occasionally after bitching and yelling at the characters/poser/photoshop something miraculous happens but I am never pleased.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Ranking poster
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2017, 09:50:19 PM »
 :ny4:
Name one Artist Who is Happy with their Work!  :yeow:
 :new_year_3:

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2017, 09:58:05 PM »
LOL occasionally after bitching and yelling at the characters/poser/photoshop something miraculous happens but I am never pleased.

Oh I do that too and Seth was a royal PITA when I was 'resurrecting him'. I threatened him a lot.

:dispute: "Quit being your usual ornery self! I thought you'd turned over a new leaf! I'm your REAL mother. Now behave!! Do I have to get your virtual parents in here to dagger you and put you in a box for a 100 years again?" I had to promise him I'd make him a new 'flossy' wife. So he got Mary Jane.

But there are others that get ornery with me too sometimes.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2017, 09:58:39 PM »
:ny4:
Name one Artist Who is Happy with their Work!  :yeow:
 :new_year_3:

None of us really. Not ever.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2017, 12:20:01 AM »
Even Leonardo was never satisfied with his work, and he is arguably the greatest artist that has ever lived. He said that he was always striving for perfection, but knew that he would never achieve it.

I think that is how it is with every artist. Any artist that thinks their own works are great, is not a true artist in my way of thinking. They are more like Narcissists!
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2017, 10:25:15 AM »
Most all with a creative-artistic 'bent' do art because it's such a part of our being that if we couldn't for some reason, we'd go crazy. Sometimes it doesn't matter if it's any good or not - as long as it gets our ideas, emotions and observations 'out' of us and somewhere where they're visible and 'become flesh'.

Of course being able to get it 'out' as you see it in your mind is another matter that not all of us always accomplish. Therein, I think lies the element of dissatisfaction with a piece no matter the medium in which it's done....because our imaginations are so much more vivid than perhaps our ability to get it out like we want it. And if you are a perfectionist, that 'doubles the whammy' there.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2017, 12:21:51 PM »
Most all with a creative-artistic 'bent' do art because it's such a part of our being that if we couldn't for some reason, we'd go crazy. Sometimes it doesn't matter if it's any good or not - as long as it gets our ideas, emotions and observations 'out' of us and somewhere where they're visible and 'become flesh'.

Of course being able to get it 'out' as you see it in your mind is another matter that not all of us always accomplish. Therein, I think lies the element of dissatisfaction with a piece no matter the medium in which it's done....because our imaginations are so much more vivid than perhaps our ability to get it out like we want it. And if you are a perfectionist, that 'doubles the whammy' there.
I agree 100% with all of what you said there.

I happen to be a perfectionist myself, and even in my jobs I have always been that way. Quality to me is more important than speed of production. I always figured that haste makes waste. If a product is on an unrealistic production quota, it will obviously have more flaws and be more costly for the company to deal with. I can produce product quickly, but I refuse to compromise quality for quantity. That's my perfectionist outlook on work.

In my art, I may spend extra time trying to fix a problem, because it just glares out at me if I don't. Most may never see the problem or notice it, but being the artist doing the piece, It definitely will be noticed by me. My perfectionist outlook won't let me let it go.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2017, 12:33:24 PM »
Sadly in the work environment I was in speed of production counted more than quality and when you're doing mapping and trying to edge match someone else's work who whizzed through it, that pretty much sux, because then you have stop and fix their crap to match yours which you're trying to do 'by the rules' and they don't care about the rules and draw everything freehand to save time.

Then I was the one who had to clean up every one else's connectivity errors so the reports ran clean. Hahahahaha, that's a real piece of work in a Manhole with 100 or more cables in it. Wouldn't it have been better to make the person who got paid less do it right instead of making me who got paid more have to stop and fix their less than perfect work? No they didn't see it that way. :thud:

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2017, 12:58:25 PM »
I was fortunate in that respect, holding jobs in which quality did matter, within reason. In most of those jobs I was soon in charge of my department, and if I had someone that was not doing well, I would personally train that person. Then if his or her quality was still not up to my standards, I would either can that worker, or send them to personnel for reassignment. I preferred the latter in most cases, because I believe in putting a worker where their particular skills will be best utilized. But there were some that just were not worth the company's time and money, and I had a way of knowing that when I looked at the way they did things.

Each job I had that I was the team leader in, I was not one to just stand around watching over everybody under me. I took an active interest in doing everything in the job myself alongside my fellows, and also in helping my fellows address problems in the work. I also went to bat for my people when the need arose. I got a lot of respect from my fellows for that, and my bosses had great respect for me because of all that.

One of my bosses said this about me: "He's not slow! He just takes the time needed to get the job done right the first time!" He said this to someone that was my supervisor at the time, who happened to be one of those that actually was costing the company a lot of money! I eventually wound up in his position.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2017, 02:44:14 PM »
I was not the only one disliked or more than disliked our General Manager. He was a certified jerk as far as all of us were concerned. You couldn't tell him anything "he already didn't know" and wouldn't listen to reason. He didn't think females were capable of lucid thought, much less anything else except having babies and doing laundry - including our Floor Manager who is very intelligent and I have the greatest respect for to this day. Funny, he's gone and she's still there.   

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2017, 12:12:13 AM »
Back on topic here....

Was just looking in the gallery and seeing some very lovely looking entries! :thumb_up:

Still plenty of time for this and the main Monthly: Tarot Cards! 

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2017, 07:07:20 PM »
I would like to clarify something here if you would, for it seems a few have a kind of wrong impression of what a 'Ravishing Redheaded Heroine' might be.

Keep in mind that 'ravishing' has TWO definitions. There's the one you all know and there is the one that means:

To seize, abduct, carry-off, steal, or take.

They can be 'ravishing' in the other sense but I'm not looking for Pinup Gurlz here. They are Warrior Women being warriors.

I also want each and every one of you to have a chance to win this month. So if it helps you, then look at the one in the header of this (Page 1), as well as the one in the Gallery link below. She can be in battle or at the end of the battle, or in a victorious woman pose, but NO PINUP ladies with sharp, pointy things. Look at what others have put in there too.

I will accept Frazetta/comic/gamer style skimpy dress/armor, but please leave the girly stuff in the 'drawers'.

http://thefantasiesattic.net/attic/cpg/displayimage.php?pid=29678

Offline AmirA

• Jungle Girl
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • AmirA's Art
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2017, 10:40:01 AM »
 :ty01: For this new challenge  :countmein:
~ A freak like me, just needs infinity! ~

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2017, 06:23:27 PM »
This contest will run until 12 midnight EST (10 pm my time) tonight at which time it will be closing for entries and the winner will be chosen. 

Thank you so much to all who entered! The response to this was fantastic! :smile:

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2017, 06:45:13 PM »
You're quite welcome, and it was lots of fun. Only wish I had found more time to create more for this. All the entries were fairly good, so i cannot wait to see which one you choose as the winning image. Lots of good ones to choose from. I don't envy you that task!

Thank you for hosting this!

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial