2017 Community Gift Pages

Halloween's Madness Abounds

Christmas Gift Roster started and so far what/who we have waiting under the tree.
You can read about it HERE

Gathered for Christmas so far: 35

Christmas Pledges!

SpookieLilOne

morganahope

Under the tree:

Aelin
Amaranth
M-Callahan
Sanbie
Anniemotion
BronzeDragon
CathyY
UteBigSmile
theKatster
Agent0013
cougarmadcat
Prae
Napalmarsenal
Angells
sidherose
Barbariandreams
Llola Lane
Summoner

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2017 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2017 Voting Awards

copperpewterbronzesilvergold platinum

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

THE NOVEMBER CONTEST HAS ENDED

Winners have been announced. Details HERE

2017 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

December 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Change in the House"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

The Sitting Room Awaits You

This room is located in the ENTRANCE area of our Forums and the setting is made for sharing Gossip, tidbits of information, problems, solutions, but most of all, relaxation.

Roaming the Attic Halls can be tiresome at times because we are always dodging the Dust Bunnies or running away from Kianna (At least ONE of our admins is).  

In here you can kick up your feet, sip some coffee or your favorite beverage that you picked up at the Coffee Shoppe, or take a nap in restful glee....even try out the various vibrating furniture!

Just make sure you use coasters and please don't leave any rings on the tables.

Those were the Days my friends  © UteBigSmile

Author Topic: About TL's "Taught" of The Day 2017  (Read 5860 times)

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: About TL's "Taught" of The Day 2017
« Reply #930 on: November 25, 2017, 07:11:47 AM »
Only the madman may see the path through the tangled forest.

- The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) Ghost Light
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #931 on: November 25, 2017, 01:55:30 PM »
Somewhere an elderly lady reads a book on how to use the internet, while a young boy googles "how to read a book".
We Shall Stand

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #932 on: November 25, 2017, 03:03:33 PM »
That is ever so scary .... but sadly accurate
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #933 on: November 25, 2017, 07:29:20 PM »
People are apes .... men are monkeys

- Madam Vashtra - Dr. Who: Deep Breath

Online rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Ranking poster
« Reply #934 on: November 26, 2017, 07:23:20 PM »
In the middle of a discussion on teaching the young:

"Bodily exercise, when compulsory, does no harm to the body; but knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind."

The Republic

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #935 on: November 26, 2017, 07:52:45 PM »
Oh this is good .... you are putting me in the mood to read my copy.

I was fairly certain I had a copy some where, found it but the scary part is I found that I have a second copy.

:thud:

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #936 on: November 26, 2017, 08:31:41 PM »
You know what I hate about the obvious.

Missing it.

- The Doctor (Peter Capaldi)

Online Chiron

• Centaur of the Universe
  • High Roller
« Reply #937 on: November 27, 2017, 04:10:31 AM »
In the middle of a discussion on teaching the young:

"Bodily exercise, when compulsory, does no harm to the body; but knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind."

The Republic

If only that were true!
I would really have a better use for all those neurons crammed with Punic Wars, de bello Gallico, dicotyledons, phenolphtalein, passive aorist, Anaximander, the prerogatives of the Holy Ghost and other crap like that, that keep sucking precious resources between my ears without giving much in return!
But alas, all that rubbish was shoved down my throat under the name of 'culture' when I was too weak to defend myself, and I won't ever be able to get rid of it :sad:
"I can resist everything but temptation" (Oscar Wilde)

Online rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Ranking poster
« Reply #938 on: November 27, 2017, 04:48:06 AM »
If only that were true!
I would really have a better use for all those neurons crammed with Punic Wars, de bello Gallico, dicotyledons, phenolphtalein, passive aorist, Anaximander, the prerogatives of the Holy Ghost and other crap like that, that keep sucking precious resources between my ears without giving much in return!
But alas, all that rubbish was shoved down my throat under the name of 'culture' when I was too weak to defend myself, and I won't ever be able to get rid of it :sad:

Ah, the Quote Master / Centaur of the Universe arises! 

Just think of what it adds to your ability to have conversations when you're familiar with Cicero, Julius Caesar, botany, organic chemistry, ancient Greek, systematics and (I have no idea what the prerogatives of the Holy Ghost is from)!  [This part is intended as a joke, but textual responses sometimes go awry -- consider this a theatrical motivation note.]

I believe that culture is important, both as a common subsumptive myth as well as instruction on how to live your life fully.

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #939 on: November 27, 2017, 05:15:39 AM »
"Old Earth, worn by the ages, wracked by rain and storm, exhausted yet ever ready to produce what life must have to go on!"

-Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970)

Online rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Ranking poster
« Reply #940 on: November 27, 2017, 05:31:33 AM »
"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far."

The Call of Cthulhu, H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #941 on: November 27, 2017, 05:38:36 AM »
Scary isn't it

Online Chiron

• Centaur of the Universe
  • High Roller
« Reply #942 on: November 27, 2017, 06:57:10 AM »
Ah, the Quote Master / Centaur of the Universe arises!
Not really, that was just a minor tail flapping... :winks:   
Just think of what it adds to your ability to have conversations when you're familiar with Cicero, Julius Caesar, botany, organic chemistry, ancient Greek, systematics and (I have no idea what the prerogatives of the Holy Ghost is from)!  [This part is intended as a joke, but textual responses sometimes go awry -- consider this a theatrical motivation note.]

True, but only when I find a conversation partner who has suffered a very similar manner of coerced education, and the Reaper keeps removing them one by one with an increasing speed...  :OMFG:
Unfortunately then I'm very little conversant with soccer and baseball heroes, don't have a TV set (ah, my pathological fear of stupidity pollution!), am not on Facebook, and read about royal weddings only in connection with haircuts, thus my skills as a conversationalist are rather limited... :winks:

Mmmh, forget about the Holy Ghost - I was reared in a catholic country where religion was a compulsory subject. That's why it took me years to change from the hard-core atheist I used to be then to the reasonable agnostic I'm now :grin:

I believe that culture is important, both as a common subsumptive myth as well as instruction on how to live your life fully.
I'll take the subsumptive myth: without a common background, no matter how randomly chosen, getting along with our fellow humans would be as easy as threading a needle wearing boxing gloves.
But as far as living my life fully goes... well, as long as it's really my life I'd rather find the way myself than follow instructions written for a world that is now nobbut a faint shadow in the past :smile:

P.S.: as I clicked on REPLY I only meant to emphasize that I can testify under oath that knowledge acquired under compulsion sticks to the victim's mind better than a chewing-gum to a rubber sole.
All the rest came against my will :tearlaugh:
"I can resist everything but temptation" (Oscar Wilde)

Online rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Ranking poster
« Reply #943 on: November 27, 2017, 08:24:53 AM »
True, but only when I find a conversation partner who has suffered a very similar manner of coerced education, and the Reaper keeps removing them one by one with an increasing speed...  :OMFG:

Fewer friends each year here as well.   :sad:

But as far as living my life fully goes... well, as long as it's really my life I'd rather find the way myself than follow instructions written for a world that is now nobbut a faint shadow in the past :smile:

I must admit that, while I have tried to hear what was being said, I have failed miserably to do all of that which was recommended.  I might even be accused of ignoring a great deal of good advice.

P.S.: as I clicked on REPLY I only meant to emphasize that I can testify under oath that knowledge acquired under compulsion sticks to the victim's mind better than a chewing-gum to a rubber sole.
All the rest came against my will :tearlaugh:

I was certainly not putting Socrates' observation forward as a necessarily correct one.  Only as a Taught of the day.   :whattodo:   I even more question HPL's belief that the Universe is out to get us.

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #944 on: November 28, 2017, 04:03:57 AM »
"The most important fact about Spaceship Earth: An instruction book didn't come with it."

-R. Buckminster Fuller (1895-1983)

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial