Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

===============

Halloween  and Christmas Gifts Pages have been moved to FreeZone or FRMarket, again thanks to all that came out to play.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

March COTM Winner

It's Alive: Frankenstein: by Mary Shelley - 1818 © M-Callahan

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Album is HERE

MARCH CONTEST

Ches ~ The Claws of Sunsets ~ Fractured Fairytales ~ March 2018 Winners. Details found HERE

NEW!!

April 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Magic and Pets
is your COTM challenge for April. As always, enter until April 30th, 2018

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Author Topic: On The Dock  (Read 338 times)

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
On The Dock
« on: January 31, 2017, 03:34:08 AM »
This project was a test in Wings3D, following a series of video on Youtube by ArrowTips. I found good to share this one with everybody.

You must know it's by purpose that rails of stairs are not tall.

When props are loaded (in Poser like in DS), bump maps aren't loaded with them. You must go in Materials (mc6) for Poser.

In Daz Studio, sometimes a manually installation of bump map could be necessary. Otherwise, they are loaded thanks to pz2 files.

I left basic settings in programs, like this you can choose to use or not bump maps.

All was tested in Poser 11, Daz Studio 3 and Daz Studio 4. It was tested in a Windows 8 environment.

Not tested on a Mac.

It's just a supposition that props work in previous Poser versions.

Objects are able to work in Bryce 7 too.

Have fun!

Inside you will find:
 Bollards
 Deco
 2 docks
 pillars
 rail
 2 stairs
 terrace
 2 walls

Templates included for you to texture it as you wish also.

Required software:
 Daz 3 and more
 or
 Poser 4 and more

Presentation scene:
BSC-Ira M4, by Sidhe Rose Graphics (on FRM exclusively)
         https://fantasiesrealm.com/market/Designers/Sidhe-Rose-Graphics/BSC-Ira-M4
 Herne, by MortemVetus
         https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/herne/117748/
 Feather Male hair, by goldtassel
         http://www.daz3d.com/feather-male-hair-1
 M4_PegLegZZ_Vol1, by Karth & WhopperNnoonWalker-
         https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/m4-peglegzz-vol1/82418/
 Flintlock Pistol for Poser, by Lucien_Lilippe
         https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/flintlock-pistol-for-poser/74049
 Avaloch sword, by Avros Designs
         http://www.dreamslayerartworks.com/stores/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=186
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline Carolann

• PSP Mistress
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • The PSP Studio
Re: On The Dock
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 06:37:44 AM »
cool
Every day is a learning day

Offline heavenlee

• Attic High Priestess
  • High Roller
  • Nobody's Perfect...And I'm Nobody!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 07:47:45 AM »
Thank u! xxxxx

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 09:16:09 AM »
That looks very nice Aelin! Good job :)

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 09:29:36 AM »
Very cool indeed..... :toast:
We Shall Stand

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 09:44:43 AM »
:smile:

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 11:42:25 AM »
Aelin, I use Wing 3D also. Perhap you and I could discuss modeling methods. I have a pretty good understanding of how everything works in Wings 3D.

One question: What version are you using? I am using 1.5.4 64 bit. all earlier versions are 32 bit , and by definition they are limited in their capabilities. Even the 64 bit version I have has some limitations, but I have developed ways to work around that problem.

If you have just recently started using Wings 3D, welcome to the program!
 :toast: :welcome-2-asylum:
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 11:56:09 AM »
I use the version 2.1.5 on 64bit too; I think (but I'm not sure) it's the latest version, from December. I crashed 3 times it when I missed a step for docks (solitary points :psycho: )

For the moment I'm trying to do a ground like Mtdana showed it. No problem for the sculpt, nor the UVmap. But the texture is a pain for the ass  :shiv3:
I tried the snap on, but it's only for objects with several faces (like square) I guess.
Otherwise, from noon I'm trying to do a bridge. 2 in fact. Like I'm not sure how bend things, I "combine" and "bridge" separated objects.

I like how W3D is easier than Hexagon. I guess I will definitively put this last on external.
Find tutorials on web isn't always easy, so new possibilities are always welcome :smile:

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 12:11:38 PM »
I use the version 2.1.5 on 64bit too; I think (but I'm not sure) it's the latest version, from December. I crashed 3 times it when I missed a step for docks (solitary points :psycho: )

For the moment I'm trying to do a ground like Mtdana showed it. No problem for the sculpt, nor the UVmap. But the texture is a pain for the ass  :shiv3:
I tried the snap on, but it's only for objects with several faces (like square) I guess.
Otherwise, from noon I'm trying to do a bridge. 2 in fact. Like I'm not sure how bend things, I "combine" and "bridge" separated objects.

I like how W3D is easier than Hexagon. I guess I will definitively put this last on external.
Find tutorials on web isn't always easy, so new possibilities are always welcome :smile:
Wow! 2.1.5? How did I miss the release of that one? Guess I gotta go get the latest version. Yes it is much easier than Hexagon, and easier than most other modelers as well including Blender, Sculptris, etc. If you learn the keyboard shortcuts and how to switch from one menu to another while in a menu, it gets even easier.

Let me find some YouTube Tutorial instructors I use, and I will give you links to their stuff. I suggest subscribing to their channels, hit that bell and tick the check box to receive notification when they upload new videos.

Even with all I know about Wings 3D, there are still plenty of thing to learn, and it is really fun.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 12:25:00 PM »
I heard the newest version of Blender now has the capability to switch from the European way of doing things to the US way, which should make it somewhat easier for us here to use it. That is now you could have right clicks for doing things than left clicks for doing things.

Offline MilosGulan

• GameRanger
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 12:40:22 PM »
Fantastic, and just what I needed.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 01:10:06 PM »
I heard the newest version of Blender now has the capability to switch from the European way of doing things to the US way, which should make it somewhat easier for us here to use it. That is now you could have right clicks for doing things than left clicks for doing things.
Blender updates on average about once every two months. The only thing I have not seen available with it is a 2D image editing capability. It pretty much does everything else already. It supports all the different modeling techniques I know of. It does a great job with UV mapping. It has a shader node system that you can use to create shaders native to Blender. It can be used for stills and animations, and by that I mean it is a staging application similar to Poser and DAZ Studio. It has Joint Editing, Armature Rigging, and WeightMapping. It can be used to build video games. And there's a whole slew of other features it handles. I fully expect that soon it will have the image editing features as well. Thing is, because of all it has and does, it becomes quite difficult to navigate; and that makes it harder to work with.

On the other hand, Wings 3D is dedicated to being a modeler and UV mapping program, with very intuitive tools and a fairly short learning curve. Of all the modelers there are that I have tried, I have only been able to learn and make a model in Wings 3D and export it within one hour after first opening it.All I had to do is learn about how the menus work, and I was off and running with it. For a free program, that is quite an accomplishment! For that reason, I highly recommend it!

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 01:23:49 PM »
Wow! 2.1.5? How did I miss the release of that one? Guess I gotta go get the latest version. Yes it is much easier than Hexagon, and easier than most other modelers as well including Blender, Sculptris, etc. If you learn the keyboard shortcuts and how to switch from one menu to another while in a menu, it gets even easier.

Let me find some YouTube Tutorial instructors I use, and I will give you links to their stuff. I suggest subscribing to their channels, hit that bell and tick the check box to receive notification when they upload new videos.

Even with all I know about Wings 3D, there are still plenty of thing to learn, and it is really fun.
I was surprised when I saw the date here ; I looked to see if I had the same version than the guy who made the tutorial for "le quai".

Sculptris I have it, but it's more to use like relaxation balls, when I'm cranky.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 02:23:52 PM »
Blender updates on average about once every two months. The only thing I have not seen available with it is a 2D image editing capability. It pretty much does everything else already. It supports all the different modeling techniques I know of. It does a great job with UV mapping. It has a shader node system that you can use to create shaders native to Blender. It can be used for stills and animations, and by that I mean it is a staging application similar to Poser and DAZ Studio. It has Joint Editing, Armature Rigging, and WeightMapping. It can be used to build video games. And there's a whole slew of other features it handles. I fully expect that soon it will have the image editing features as well. Thing is, because of all it has and does, it becomes quite difficult to navigate; and that makes it harder to work with.

On the other hand, Wings 3D is dedicated to being a modeler and UV mapping program, with very intuitive tools and a fairly short learning curve. Of all the modelers there are that I have tried, I have only been able to learn and make a model in Wings 3D and export it within one hour after first opening it.All I had to do is learn about how the menus work, and I was off and running with it. For a free program, that is quite an accomplishment! For that reason, I highly recommend it!

:groucho: That's the silliest thing I ever hoid, as he would say.

Why would you expect any of the high-end modeling packages to do 2D image editing? None of them do. Blender is now 4th place in that list of "Industry Standard" modeling packages. If you wanted to add something like that to those, expect even more menus. VUE has a lot of menus too, but not as many as say Blender, ZBrush, Maya and 3DSMax - both of the later which you have to go to school to learn.

That's what Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro are for or even GIMP if it's still around. You can even do UV mapping in Photoshop.

You can do renders in all of those high-end packages even Blender, and very nice ones.  That's why there are different software programs. To do different things. 

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 06:30:33 PM »
:groucho: That's the silliest thing I ever hoid, as he would say.

Why would you expect any of the high-end modeling packages to do 2D image editing? None of them do. Blender is now 4th place in that list of "Industry Standard" modeling packages. If you wanted to add something like that to those, expect even more menus. VUE has a lot of menus too, but not as many as say Blender, ZBrush, Maya and 3DSMax - both of the later which you have to go to school to learn.

That's what Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro are for or even GIMP if it's still around. You can even do UV mapping in Photoshop.

You can do renders in all of those high-end packages even Blender, and very nice ones.  That's why there are different software programs. To do different things.
You're not telling me anything I don't already know, and as for Blender, I was not advocating for it to have image editing added. I really don't want to see that happen. I have been using it since 2.60 and have seen quite a lot of changes and additions. What I was saying is that considering how often it upgrades, it would not surprise me if such was added. Afterall it is an open source application, and there are people all around the planet that contribute to its development. This of course can be both good and bad. The bad is that you nor I will ever even have a chance to learn all there is to know about it. The good is that it continues to improve and at a fairly fast pace.

Now about Gimp, yes it is still around, and I have one of the latest versions. I would say it is comparable to PhotoShop in quality and usefulness. Mayhaps not completely, but I have seen some really awesome stuff done with it. And one thing it is not doing is making the latest version follow the trend we have seen with PhotoShop. That's why I decided not to go for PhotoShop, and I got Gimp instead.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial