FA Christmas Prezzies

Our 2018 Annual Community Christmas Gifts has started.

Tell one and all to come and get their Free gifts.

One a day until all gone or end of month, whichever comes first.

You can find the page HERE!

Participants thus far: Green are wrapped and under the tree.

29  Gifts so far:

Calivee -- Aelin
M-Callahan -- ali_sen
robkelk-- CathyY
morgnanahope
AA3Dstudio
Napalmarsenal
eBlank -- Lola Lane
Sanbie-- Barbariandreams
midnightvelvet-- Chiron
Joe Gerardi -- rrkknight3
Prae -- icedragonart
Arah3D -- AngellsGraphics
Agent0013 -- earwen
Bronzedragon
The Brown Owl -- Summoner

Go HERE to see page with more info on participating.

Annual Halloween Gift page is done but will remain up for a couple of months. Go here

Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes 2018 Platinum

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
Taming of the Unicorn © DarkElf

TOTW

Eve n Pink 2.0 © CHK2033

Your Art Winner

View From Above © Agent0013

Monthly Winners

NOVEMBER COTM Winner

Yippie-Ki-Yay © CalieVee

Contest Information!

Album is HERE

Winners to be announced

NEW!!

DECEMBER 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

CHRISTMAS CAROLING
Contest Ends on December 31st, 2018

Album is HERE

~Weekly Competitions~

Your Art

Contest Sponsors

Our Weekly Contests are SAOTW and TOTW each gets a $15.00 gift card from Daz3D

DAZ3D

"Your Art" Weekly Contest

Gets to choose a $15.00 gift card from Daz3d OR 2 items from our Sponsor Showcase

Sponsor Showcase

Our monthly "Challenge Of The Month (COTM)" winner gets a $25.00 gift certificate from Renderosity.

Renderosity

Site Skins!

Welcome, Fed To Dustbunnies. Please login or register.
December 15, 2018, 10:19:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 588
  • Latest: U2007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 292348
  • Total Topics: 14302
  • Online Today: 298
  • Online Ever: 526
  • (November 04, 2018, 06:34:33 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: On The Dock  (Read 491 times)

Online MilosGulan

• GameRanger
  • Ranking poster
Re: On The Dock
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 12:40:22 PM »
Fantastic, and just what I needed.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 01:10:06 PM »
I heard the newest version of Blender now has the capability to switch from the European way of doing things to the US way, which should make it somewhat easier for us here to use it. That is now you could have right clicks for doing things than left clicks for doing things.
Blender updates on average about once every two months. The only thing I have not seen available with it is a 2D image editing capability. It pretty much does everything else already. It supports all the different modeling techniques I know of. It does a great job with UV mapping. It has a shader node system that you can use to create shaders native to Blender. It can be used for stills and animations, and by that I mean it is a staging application similar to Poser and DAZ Studio. It has Joint Editing, Armature Rigging, and WeightMapping. It can be used to build video games. And there's a whole slew of other features it handles. I fully expect that soon it will have the image editing features as well. Thing is, because of all it has and does, it becomes quite difficult to navigate; and that makes it harder to work with.

On the other hand, Wings 3D is dedicated to being a modeler and UV mapping program, with very intuitive tools and a fairly short learning curve. Of all the modelers there are that I have tried, I have only been able to learn and make a model in Wings 3D and export it within one hour after first opening it.All I had to do is learn about how the menus work, and I was off and running with it. For a free program, that is quite an accomplishment! For that reason, I highly recommend it!
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 01:23:49 PM »
Wow! 2.1.5? How did I miss the release of that one? Guess I gotta go get the latest version. Yes it is much easier than Hexagon, and easier than most other modelers as well including Blender, Sculptris, etc. If you learn the keyboard shortcuts and how to switch from one menu to another while in a menu, it gets even easier.

Let me find some YouTube Tutorial instructors I use, and I will give you links to their stuff. I suggest subscribing to their channels, hit that bell and tick the check box to receive notification when they upload new videos.

Even with all I know about Wings 3D, there are still plenty of thing to learn, and it is really fun.
I was surprised when I saw the date here ; I looked to see if I had the same version than the guy who made the tutorial for "le quai".

Sculptris I have it, but it's more to use like relaxation balls, when I'm cranky.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 02:23:52 PM »
Blender updates on average about once every two months. The only thing I have not seen available with it is a 2D image editing capability. It pretty much does everything else already. It supports all the different modeling techniques I know of. It does a great job with UV mapping. It has a shader node system that you can use to create shaders native to Blender. It can be used for stills and animations, and by that I mean it is a staging application similar to Poser and DAZ Studio. It has Joint Editing, Armature Rigging, and WeightMapping. It can be used to build video games. And there's a whole slew of other features it handles. I fully expect that soon it will have the image editing features as well. Thing is, because of all it has and does, it becomes quite difficult to navigate; and that makes it harder to work with.

On the other hand, Wings 3D is dedicated to being a modeler and UV mapping program, with very intuitive tools and a fairly short learning curve. Of all the modelers there are that I have tried, I have only been able to learn and make a model in Wings 3D and export it within one hour after first opening it.All I had to do is learn about how the menus work, and I was off and running with it. For a free program, that is quite an accomplishment! For that reason, I highly recommend it!

:groucho: That's the silliest thing I ever hoid, as he would say.

Why would you expect any of the high-end modeling packages to do 2D image editing? None of them do. Blender is now 4th place in that list of "Industry Standard" modeling packages. If you wanted to add something like that to those, expect even more menus. VUE has a lot of menus too, but not as many as say Blender, ZBrush, Maya and 3DSMax - both of the later which you have to go to school to learn.

That's what Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro are for or even GIMP if it's still around. You can even do UV mapping in Photoshop.

You can do renders in all of those high-end packages even Blender, and very nice ones.  That's why there are different software programs. To do different things. 

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 06:30:33 PM »
:groucho: That's the silliest thing I ever hoid, as he would say.

Why would you expect any of the high-end modeling packages to do 2D image editing? None of them do. Blender is now 4th place in that list of "Industry Standard" modeling packages. If you wanted to add something like that to those, expect even more menus. VUE has a lot of menus too, but not as many as say Blender, ZBrush, Maya and 3DSMax - both of the later which you have to go to school to learn.

That's what Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro are for or even GIMP if it's still around. You can even do UV mapping in Photoshop.

You can do renders in all of those high-end packages even Blender, and very nice ones.  That's why there are different software programs. To do different things.
You're not telling me anything I don't already know, and as for Blender, I was not advocating for it to have image editing added. I really don't want to see that happen. I have been using it since 2.60 and have seen quite a lot of changes and additions. What I was saying is that considering how often it upgrades, it would not surprise me if such was added. Afterall it is an open source application, and there are people all around the planet that contribute to its development. This of course can be both good and bad. The bad is that you nor I will ever even have a chance to learn all there is to know about it. The good is that it continues to improve and at a fairly fast pace.

Now about Gimp, yes it is still around, and I have one of the latest versions. I would say it is comparable to PhotoShop in quality and usefulness. Mayhaps not completely, but I have seen some really awesome stuff done with it. And one thing it is not doing is making the latest version follow the trend we have seen with PhotoShop. That's why I decided not to go for PhotoShop, and I got Gimp instead.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 07:01:15 PM »
Ah, then I misapprended the jist of what you were saying there.

Is GIMP a full screen program yet? Last I used it was many years ago and it was just a little thing with not much to it. Frankly it drove me nuts. But sometimes that doesn't take much.

:odd:

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 08:59:39 PM »
My first version of Gimp was already pretty indepth, and quite good competitively with PhotoShop. In fact at the time I was so overwhelmed with it that I eventually uninstalled it in favor of the more watered down PSP 7. The latest version has almost all the features that PhotoShop does and can use many of the same plugin types. I still am overwhelmed but this time I plan to keep it and upgrade it from time to time.

I just watched a tutorial showing how to use two renders from a DAZ Studio scene, each just at a slightly different camera angle (to simulate stereoscopic vision), then opening Gimp and importing both images and editing them to create an image meant to be viewed through colored 3D glasses. I plan to give it a try, because the video makes it really simple to do. Will need to find a pair of those glasses though. Of course that is not so big a problem that I cannot at least try the technique without them.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 09:42:02 PM »
My first version of Gimp was already pretty indepth, and quite good competitively with PhotoShop. In fact at the time I was so overwhelmed with it that I eventually uninstalled it in favor of the more watered down PSP 7. The latest version has almost all the features that PhotoShop does and can use many of the same plugin types. I still am overwhelmed but this time I plan to keep it and upgrade it from time to time.

GIMP may be equal to Photoshop as far as image editing software goes, but I don't think you've seen what CS5 and CS6 are capable of doing these days. It can create web-pages, perform repetitive actions over several images, paint on 3D models that you can import into it and lot more stuff.

PSP is up to version 9X now. I've not seen or used it, but I do know PSP 7 could do a few things better than Photoshop, plus you could create little animations with it if you have Animation Shop. 

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 03:09:13 AM »
GIMP may be equal to Photoshop as far as image editing software goes, but I don't think you've seen what CS5 and CS6 are capable of doing these days. It can create web-pages, perform repetitive actions over several images, paint on 3D models that you can import into it and lot more stuff.

PSP is up to version 9X now. I've not seen or used it, but I do know PSP 7 could do a few things better than Photoshop, plus you could create little animations with it if you have Animation Shop.
Not sure about all that can be done with the latest version of Gimp. I only use it to do things I've learned about it.

I have PSP 9, but not 9X, although I do have Animation Shop too. I have not used it yet though as I am not all that well educated in animation. I have so many applications that i use already and learning to use (to me) new ones winds up on the slow learning track. That is because I tend to want to cram on such things and I get burned out. So I purposefully put such things on that slow track to avoid that. Eventually I'll get to that.

I think Gimp actually can be used to do animations also, if I recall what I think I heard in that YouTube video correctly. He said you could use it to do a 3D animation you can watch using those glasses. Of course it may just be DAZ Studio that is used for that part of it, but it seems that would be really tedious if you had to edit every frame in say a few second animation at 25 to 30 frames per second. So it would seem that doing the actual animation in Gimp would be more desirable. Either that, or you do Batch Editing to make the processing go faster.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg