2017 Community Gift Pages

Halloween's Madness Abounds

Christmas Gift Roster started and so far what/who we have waiting under the tree.
You can read about it HERE

Gathered for Christmas so far: 30

Christmas Pledges!

SpookieLilOne

Summoner
morganahope

Under the tree:

Aelin
Amaranth
M-Callahan
Sanbie
Anniemotion
BronzeDragon
CathyY
UteBigSmile
theKatster
Agent0013
cougarmadcat
Prae
Napalmarsenal
Angells
sidherose
Barbariandreams
Llola Lane

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2017 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2017 Voting Awards

copperpewterbronzesilvergold platinum

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

THE NOVEMBER CONTEST HAS ENDED

Winners have been announced. Details HERE

2017 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

December 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Change in the House"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: May 2017 Challenge of the Month ~ CLOSED!  (Read 2455 times)

Offline AngellsGraphics

• angelic dreamer
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • Angells  Graphics
Re: May 2017 Challenge of the Month
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2017, 08:54:25 PM »
Sounds like something from the Twilight Zone I watched the other day , when the astronaut ended up in a parallel dimension. He thought he was home but there was a fence that he didn't have , his wife thought he had lost something in space until she kissed him and walked away guess she knew something was wrong. In the end he came back but even his captains knew something was wrong when they found out another was there who also didn't know stuff about them and that time. It was a good one. So this contest seems like that.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2017, 08:57:38 PM »
Trippy video! Yes, even something like that...because presumably we can exist in several parallel universes at once in different states, experiencing different things or even being a different version of ourselves.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »
Sounds like something from the Twilight Zone I watched the other day , when the astronaut ended up in a parallel dimension. He thought he was home but there was a fence that he didn't have , his wife thought he had lost something in space until she kissed him and walked away guess she knew something was wrong. In the end he came back but even his captains knew something was wrong when they found out another was there who also didn't know stuff about them and that time. It was a good one. So this contest seems like that.

You've got the idea! :thumb_up:

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2017, 08:59:20 PM »
Mirrors are really quite a learning/thinking tool, imo. I'm quite fond of them myself and I'd have to say that "Through the Looking Glass" is probably what got me 'going there'. Then again some of Jean Cocteau's movies often had mirrors in them like "Blood of a Poet" and "Beauty and the Beast" that influenced me as well.

Put yourself on the other side of the mirror, looking back at the world and even yourself and what do you see (?). How do you perceive it? Can you be completely objective about it instead of subjective? They can be completely weird or enlightening, or even shocking. And they can certainly be portals to another place or realm.
I also think about how in the movie 'Constantine' he used a mirror to draw a demon out of the possessed girl, and before the demon could escape, the mirror was pulled out the window and shattered on the pavement below, sending the demon back to Hell.

I know, it was a Keanu Reeves Movie, but that sequence was rather edge of your seat exciting.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Ranking poster
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 09:02:26 PM »
It was pretty close to the comic, but the television series was closer...

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2017, 09:13:58 PM »
There's another movie a friend of mine made called "Dust Devil" with a fairly intense scene in it with a mirror. The Dust Devil is immortal and so has become a very twisted and dark soul. It takes over a new body every so often and so it appears to be human but it's really not. It's a demon and a very old one. When he looks in the mirror, he can see what he really is and I wish I could find it on YT.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2017, 09:18:43 PM »
Never got to see the TV show.

In another way of thinking for me at least is that each mirror is a window into another reality. If you could know exactly where to look, you might see something that is not the same in your reality. It could be a small detail, or a really big and glaring one, but it avoids being seen directly; indicating that looking directly at it causes an instant snap to exact reflection.

See how my imagination works? Dang! I'm giving away some of my ideas here! LOL
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Ranking poster
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2017, 09:18:45 PM »

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2017, 09:35:40 PM »
This one?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104155/

That be the one. It gets a bit gruesome at times but it's a good movie - especially the directors cut version. Richard is a rather strange man himself. Then again his parents were rather strange, so it's no surprise.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2017, 09:40:25 PM »
I also think about how in the movie 'Constantine' he used a mirror to draw a demon out of the possessed girl, and before the demon could escape, the mirror was pulled out the window and shattered on the pavement below, sending the demon back to Hell.

I know, it was a Keanu Reeves Movie, but that sequence was rather edge of your seat exciting.

I think that whole thing with demons and mirrors is largely from the same sort of superstition that some Amazonian and African natives who've never seen a camera think it will steal their soul if you take a picture of them. In a sense the mirror is an alternative to that from an earlier time. Anything trapped in something like that was thought to become twisted and perverted - evil.

Offline Madbat

• Lord of the Belfry
  • High Roller
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2017, 09:48:51 PM »

I think that whole thing with demons and mirrors is largely from the same sort of superstition that some Amazonian and African natives who've never seen a camera think it will steal their soul if you take a picture of them. In a sense the mirror is an alternative to that from an earlier time. Anything trapped in something like that was thought to become twisted and perverted - evil.

Mirrors have always seemed to have a deep connection to the spirit world in many cultures. Mirror magic for fortune telling and oracular purposes is as old as it gets. Demon bowls filled with water, polished obsidian, silver, gold and bronze were also used. The thought that there was another you, that was not you must have seemed quite freaky.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2017, 09:53:53 PM »
Never got to see the TV show.

In another way of thinking for me at least is that each mirror is a window into another reality. If you could know exactly where to look, you might see something that is not the same in your reality. It could be a small detail, or a really big and glaring one, but it avoids being seen directly; indicating that looking directly at it causes an instant snap to exact reflection.

See how my imagination works? Dang! I'm giving away some of my ideas here! LOL

I did go through a period when I was younger of seeing shadowy figures out of the corner of my eye. What I described in one of the first posts. The whole thing bugged me like crazy and I kept thinking and thinking about it. One day I was in a very reflective mood and kind of bored and was standing with our screen door open just sort of staring at nothing and snapping at the spring on my mother's front screen door. I looked down at it and observed how it became invisible to some degree and as it began to slow down from reverberating I could see the vague actual shape of it. But then when I pulled on it and snapped it again, it sped up and became partially invisible again. That's when my mind went "Hmmmmmmm....maybe that's what's happening with these shadowy beings."

Come to find out that is a rather common thing with certain people's brains and on occasion it might happen to anyone. I guess it depends on your state of mind - sort of a 'no-mind' state where you're not really thinking of anything in particular. Then I learned about String Theory and the 'vibrating strings' and that got me thinking even more about it. 

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2017, 09:58:47 PM »

Mirrors have always seemed to have a deep connection to the spirit world in many cultures. Mirror magic for fortune telling and oracular purposes is as old as it gets. Demon bowls filled with water, polished obsidian, silver, gold and bronze were also used. The thought that there was another you, that was not you must have seemed quite freaky.

Yes...yes indeed! Oh, so you know about demon bowls! Those are indeed quite old - from Akkadian times if not earlier. When you think about it any sort of mirror or polished surface was the province of only those who could afford them because they were dearly priced. Obsidian mirrors - the Aztec god Tezcatlipoca is associated with them and 'Smoking Mirror' is one of his names. It was said he could see everything going on in the world and into the souls of men with it. He's really quite an interesting and complex god. 

Offline Madbat

• Lord of the Belfry
  • High Roller
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2017, 10:03:11 PM »

I did go through a period when I was younger of seeing shadowy figures out of the corner of my eye. What I described in one of the first posts. The whole thing bugged me like crazy and I kept thinking and thinking about it. One day I was in a very reflective mood and kind of bored and was standing with our screen door open just sort of staring at nothing and snapping at the spring on my mother's front screen door. I looked down at it and observed how it became invisible to some degree and as it began to slow down from reverberating I could see the vague actual shape of it. But then when I pulled on it and snapped it again, it sped up and became partially invisible again. That's when my mind went "Hmmmmmmm....maybe that's what's happening with these shadowy beings."

Come to find out that is a rather common thing with certain people's brains and on occasion it might happen to anyone. I guess it depends on your state of mind - sort of a 'no-mind' state where you're not really thinking of anything in particular. Then I learned about String Theory and the 'vibrating strings' and that got me thinking even more about it.

I know several people, including me who swear they've seen shadow people, or shadow-things. In some cases it's clearly night terrors...basically sleep paralysis, but other cases, (like mine) we were awake, and in two cases, all together, and saw the same thing. I have no idea what was going on there, but it was freaky. And I've also gone 'hmmmm' after reading up on string theory and parallel universes. Maybe other things exist here in the same basic space, just slightly out of tune with us. Who knows.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2017, 10:03:15 PM »
Then you have the story of Narcissus, who fell in love with his own reflection in the pond and wasted away pining for himself then died.

The Moon is also seen as a Mirror of sorts because it reflects the light of the Sun. And if you see a reflection of the Moon in a still pond, can you tell the difference between the one in the sky and the one in the pond? No, not visually. Ergo, because the Moon is the province of the soul, dreams and emotions it becomes about the soul.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg