2017 Community Gift Pages

Halloween's Madness Abounds

Christmas Gift Roster started and so far what/who we have waiting under the tree.
You can read about it HERE

Gathered for Christmas so far: 30

Christmas Pledges!

SpookieLilOne

Summoner
morganahope

Under the tree:

Aelin
Amaranth
M-Callahan
Sanbie
Anniemotion
BronzeDragon
CathyY
UteBigSmile
theKatster
Agent0013
cougarmadcat
Prae
Napalmarsenal
Angells
sidherose
Barbariandreams
Llola Lane

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2017 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2017 Voting Awards

copperpewterbronzesilvergold platinum

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

THE NOVEMBER CONTEST HAS ENDED

Winners have been announced. Details HERE

2017 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

December 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Change in the House"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: May 2017 Challenge of the Month ~ CLOSED!  (Read 2451 times)

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: May 2017 Challenge of the Month
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2017, 10:05:11 PM »

I know several people, including me who swear they've seen shadow people, or shadow-things. In some cases it's clearly night terrors...basically sleep paralysis, but other cases, (like mine) we were awake, and in two cases, all together, and saw the same thing. I have no idea what was going on there, but it was freaky. And I've also gone 'hmmmm' after reading up on string theory and parallel universes. Maybe other things exist here in the same basic space, just slightly out of tune with us. Who knows.

Well, there is one dimension in particular of the 11 that is supposed to be pretty much sharing our same space. I think one physicist described it as being as close as the end of our nose.

Offline Madbat

• Lord of the Belfry
  • High Roller
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2017, 10:10:07 PM »
Yes...yes indeed! Oh, so you know about demon bowls! Those are indeed quite old - from Akkadian times if not earlier. When you think about it any sort of mirror or polished surface was the province of only those who could afford them because they were dearly priced. Obsidian mirrors - the Aztec god Tezcatlipoca is associated with them and 'Smoking Mirror' is one of his names. It was said he could see everything going on in the world and into the souls of men with it. He's really quite an interesting and complex god.

There's a meditative practice involving mirrors that, if done right, will have the same effect as a sensory deprivation tank. Something like an obsidian mirror is perfect for that kind of thing. I'm thinking that's what the smoking mirror refers  to, an oracular ritual.

I remember seeing pictures of some Sumerian demon bowls, found buried under the corner of a house. They apparently had multiple uses, and I think were used in rituals for raising demons and spirits of the dead. Sumerian folk beliefs seem to have been quite creepy.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2017, 10:18:09 PM »
According to the myth I read concerning Narcissus, when he fell in love with his reflection, he could not bring himself to leave. So he stared at his reflection to the end of his life. One of the Gods saw what had happened and transformed him into the flower that bears his name. Of course the term 'Narcissistic Behavior' is derived from his name as well.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Offline Madbat

• Lord of the Belfry
  • High Roller
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2017, 10:19:16 PM »
Well, there is one dimension in particular of the 11 that is supposed to be pretty much sharing our same space. I think one physicist described it as being as close as the end of our nose.

Physics implies that reality is really, really weird.

Offline Madbat

• Lord of the Belfry
  • High Roller
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2017, 10:20:47 PM »

Then there's the movie Prince Of Darkness. Be very, very suspicious of mirrors.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2017, 10:24:17 PM »

There's a meditative practice involving mirrors that, if done right, will have the same effect as a sensory deprivation tank. Something like an obsidian mirror is perfect for that kind of thing. I'm thinking that's what the smoking mirror refers  to, an oracular ritual.

I remember seeing pictures of some Sumerian demon bowls, found buried under the corner of a house. They apparently had multiple uses, and I think were used in rituals for raising demons and spirits of the dead. Sumerian folk beliefs seem to have been quite creepy.

Ohhh, I would give anything to be able to get into a float tank again. I spent and hour in one once, instead of a half-hour and I had some bizarre experiences in there. But when I got out and got into my clothes instead of my bathing suit and left the building I felt so amazing - almost invincible in a sense. That lasted through next day. 

I have a 1/4 inch thick black glass mirror and I do fire-gazing through it sometimes. The effort and concentration of fire-gazing does kind of remove all the 'noise' from your mind and it's good exercise for your eyes as well.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2017, 10:24:53 PM »

Yes, it does indeed!

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2017, 10:32:24 PM »
According to the myth I read concerning Narcissus, when he fell in love with his reflection, he could not bring himself to leave. So he stared at his reflection to the end of his life. One of the Gods saw what had happened and transformed him into the flower that bears his name. Of course the term 'Narcissistic Behavior' is derived from his name as well.

He spurned the love of the nymph Echo and so it was Aphrodite who caused him to fall in love with himself. Aphrodite considered it an affront to herself. Narcissist. I've met a few of those.

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2017, 10:34:28 PM »
Yeah, I have too. Me, I'm always scared to look in the mirror because I know how scary I look! lol
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Offline Madbat

• Lord of the Belfry
  • High Roller
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2017, 10:42:48 PM »
I think the most boring book I've ever read on these things was The Egyptian Book of the Dead. Several hundred pages of Pepi pleading before the court so he could become a God and not get eaten by strange soul-devouring croc-monster. At least the Sumerians were simple. You died, it sucks, the end.

Offline Madbat

• Lord of the Belfry
  • High Roller
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2017, 10:44:19 PM »
He spurned the love of the nymph Echo and so it was Aphrodite who caused him to fall in love with himself. Aphrodite considered it an affront to herself. Narcissist. I've met a few of those.

Donald Trump the male Model?

I think I just threw up a little.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2017, 10:54:10 PM »

I know several people, including me who swear they've seen shadow people, or shadow-things. In some cases it's clearly night terrors...basically sleep paralysis, but other cases, (like mine) we were awake, and in two cases, all together, and saw the same thing. I have no idea what was going on there, but it was freaky. And I've also gone 'hmmmm' after reading up on string theory and parallel universes. Maybe other things exist here in the same basic space, just slightly out of tune with us. Who knows.

It is terribly freaky with it is a shared experience. No doubt.

Have you ever just been sitting there or walked outside and smelled a smell that there is absolutely no way you should be smelling? I know several people that's happened to, including myself. Once in particular - and there was absolutely no one else around - I walked outside and smelled camphor of all things. It has a very unmistakable smell. There's nothing else like it. Then other times I've smelled roses and vanilla just sitting in my chair at the computer. No roses around or anything that smelled like them and nothing vanilla in the house. Danged if I know....?

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2017, 11:05:03 PM »
I think the most boring book I've ever read on these things was The Egyptian Book of the Dead. Several hundred pages of Pepi pleading before the court so he could become a God and not get eaten by strange soul-devouring croc-monster. At least the Sumerians were simple. You died, it sucks, the end.

Ammit. It is a terribly boring book but I did find the Opening of the Mouth ceremony quite interesting. There seems to be a thing in mythology about 'the bull's hind leg'. It's in Sumero-Akkadian myths (where when Enkidu slew Gugalana the Bull of Heaven, he threw the Bull's hind leg in Ishtar's face as an insult to her; the Egyptian BotD, and in astronomy with Ursa Minor being known as the Bull's Hind Leg or Thigh of Set, as well as Taurus' back hind leg missing.

The Bardo Thodol or Tibetan Book of the Dead is very similar to having to pass through all the Aats successfully, with their own sorts of demons. 

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2017, 11:05:39 PM »

Donald Trump the male Model?

I think I just threw up a little.

The man with the intellectual depth of a coat of paint, you mean?

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Working It
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2017, 11:17:39 PM »
Ammit. It is a terribly boring book but I did find the Opening of the Mouth ceremony quite interesting. There seems to be a thing in mythology about 'the bull's hind leg'. It's in Sumero-Akkadian myths (where when Enkidu slew Gugalana the Bull of Heaven, he threw the Bull's hind leg in Ishtar's face as an insult to her; the Egyptian BotD, and in astronomy with Ursa Minor being known as the Bull's Hind Leg or Thigh of Set, as well as Taurus' back hind leg missing.

The Bardo Thodol or Tibetan Book of the Dead is very similar to having to pass through all the Aats successfully, with their own sorts of demons.
So Taurus' hind leg transformed into a Little Bear, spinning on its axis, which is Polaris!

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial