2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome and do follow me.

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders.

This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each others company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh. Especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Spring Fever by oldeekdog

Author Topic: Edit: Why Interested in Learning Other Languages...  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Twisted.Illusions

• Gothic Queen
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • "Demon, where did my Angel go?"
    • Enchanted By Darkness
Re: Edit: Why Interested in Learning Other Languages...
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 10:19:20 PM »
Oh forgot to mention, I also have ethnicity from Spain and Portugal. But haven't found any ancestor from any country
"If I got rid of my Demons, I'd lose my Angels"
-T.W.

Offline heddheld

• Heddcase
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 02:09:45 AM »

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 07:56:30 AM »
On my father's father, it goes up to my great grandfather, before him, all French and so on... from my father's mother's side, I only got information up to my 2nd great grandfather, no idea where he was born(yet), but I believe it must have been Italy or surrounding areas cause his last names were Molano Petronilla(or Petrona). But his wife was born in Puerto Rico. He was my paternal grandma's grandfather.
I don't know how they work in Italia, but in France we have several kind of archives: nationales, départementales; et je crois régionales.
By this way, if you have the name and birth date of one of your ancestors in one area, you can find his/her birth act with names of parents and more infos concerning them. I know a lot of archives are now online, but I never tried. At least a part of archives are free.

Maybe for your 2nd great grandfather you can find info on an official act in the family thanks to one of his children.

Oh forgot to mention, I also have ethnicity from Spain and Portugal. But haven't found any ancestor from any country
Do you know during a time Spain and Germany were in the same Empire? Le Saint-Empire Romain Germanique (which had also a part of Italia, and Netherlands). It was under king Charles Quint, grandson of rulers who send Christophe Colomb toward West. It's possible your Spain blood came in Germany with one of subject of Charles Quint, or one people exiled by his grandfather.

Online Neimrok

• Elf of the Light
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 10:14:39 AM »
Thanks for the "today" word in French.
Arretez vous quand je pourrai, I was trying to say, "Stop when I can" ?
Seems you want to tell to someone you can't come to see him/her because you have family and friends coming at home.
If it's that, 'arrêter' doesn't fit here. You can use 'venir' or 'passer'.

Examples.

Bonjour! Famille et amis arrivent aujourd'hui pour une visite. Je viendrai quand je pourrai. ('Viendrai' is the future of 'venir').

Bonjour! Famille et amis arrivent aujourd'hui pour une visite. Je passerai quand je pourrai.

• Gothic Queen
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • Enchanted By Darkness
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 11:15:57 AM »
-T.W.

• Gothic Queen
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • Enchanted By Darkness
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 11:16:53 AM »
Seems you want to tell to someone you can't come to see him/her because you have family and friends coming at home.
If it's that, 'arrêter' doesn't fit here. You can use 'venir' or 'passer'.

Examples.

Bonjour! Famille et amis arrivent aujourd'hui pour une visite. Je viendrai quand je pourrai. ('Viendrai' is the future of 'venir').

Bonjour! Famille et amis arrivent aujourd'hui pour une visite. Je passerai quand je pourrai.

I see, it actually sounds proper than they way I wrote it. Merci! I believe lots of words are similar to Spanish... pour/por, une/una, visite/visita, passerai/pasare, quand/cuando, je pourrai/yo pueda

@Aelin...Yes I have found quite a few marriages and deaths documents from France as well.... But it can get overwhelmed.
I honestly didn't know this part of history about Spain and Germany
-T.W.

Offline DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 01:10:55 PM »
LOL, very interesting so I announced this thread and stickied it too. Now maybe more can come in and play with you all too.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline Margy

• The Margician
  • Attic Icon
    • Margys Renderwelt
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 01:20:19 PM »
This sounds very interesting. Ich kann dir sehr gerne behilflich sein beim Deutsch lernen, wenn du magst.  :Hi5:

Thanks to DA for the announcement, otherwise I wouldn't know this thread exists.

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 02:07:39 PM »
I see, it actually sounds proper than they way I wrote it. Merci! I believe lots of words are similar to Spanish... pour/por, une/una, visite/visita, passerai/pasare, quand/cuando, je pourrai/yo pueda

@Aelin...Yes I have found quite a few marriages and deaths documents from France as well.... But it can get overwhelmed.
I honestly didn't know this part of history about Spain and Germany
This part for Spain and Germany is one between a complicated european history :hypno: After the dissapearance of Roman Empire (at least Occidental part of Empire) we had wars, wars and wars.
For a moment Charlemagne re united a large part of Europa, but his sons and grandsons dispatched the legacy. And wars after that were often in relation with who owned what in the different parts of family. Most of royal families in West of Europa were more or less with blood of Charlemagne - and have always.

Once, I made genealogies of noble families, and it was a way to follow history also. It's like that I discover that Marie Stuart (future queen of Scotland) was married with François II (2) of France. But they were too young and never had children.
Finally, with all written things on these families, it's more easier to do genealogies than with your own family. And no need to try to read old documents :hypno:
That allows also to understand sometimes movements of populations because of these wars.

• Gothic Queen
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • Enchanted By Darkness
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2017, 04:16:17 PM »
Thank you Dark Angel!!!

Das (would be) toll Margy!! Ja, bitte und Danke!!

@Aelin, tres interessant...

Check spell both please?

I wish I could do the special character(letters) with my key board...
-T.W.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2017, 05:43:13 PM »
Hi Sandra,

French is really not surprising in your background in Puerto Rico. Not all the plantation owners were Spanish. Some were French and if they had servants or overseers they moved from Europe to the Caribbean, they were likely French as well...unless they had slaves from Europe, which they did thanks to the Barbary Coast Slave Trade. Also some of the pirates were French as well as English and Dutch. So, if you're part French and Native American you are Creole, aren't you? The Native American is likely Taino Indian.

Creole French is 'like' French but not exactly. There is a Creole translator on Bing Translator as well as French and German. If you're looking for a word preferably nouns - like 'today' you can find the word in there. Type it on the left as English and on the right pick French and it will tell you the word. Nouns and adjectives are different - both in German and French because it depends (as in English) on the tense and if it's I, you, he, she or it. But sometimes it's the same. Trying to learn them both at once is tricky because of that. It's enough to remember how to say "I like", "I liked", "I would like", "I did like", he liked, she liked, etc. and if a dog (Hund) is feminine (die = dee) or masculine (der) or neuter (das) in German and French (chien) both. La, le, les.......

https://www.bing.com/translator/

I took a year of French and then three years of German, however I remember the French better than the German, except for very simple sentences. I can read French better than I speak or write it - probably about 50-70% without stumbling over a couple of words. Hedd's right...you really need to speak them to remember them. French people told me I had a funny French accent. Lol. But I have a fairly decent German accent. Mostly I'm French but the French that came from near the Danube and marshes, the Salian Franks - according to my genealogy I've worked out. However, I've yet to do the DNA test. I'm hoping to this year...because I've got something to prove to a few people as well as myself (that I did my work right). Or not. Either way. 

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2017, 05:51:58 PM »
Thank you Dark Angel!!!

Das (would be) toll Margy!! Ja, bitte und Danke!!

@Aelin, tres interessant...

Check spell both please?

I wish I could do the special character(letters) with my key board...

Are you on Windows 10? I can't help you there but if so, it used to be that you could get to the Windows "FONTS" window and on the side is a bullet that says something like "Find Characters". If you can get that to come up, you'll get the special characters menu and it has all those carats, umlauts and other yummy things with an "Alt+" code  - like Alt+0235 is this guy ë. You hold down the Alt key and type the four numbers in and the special character appears. It's a pain. Hahahahaha.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 06:05:10 PM »
On Win 10 it is under

W > Windows Accessories > Character Map

Some of them don't have an "alt" code so it is a copy and paste technique to use them.

I have a text file of my favorites with all the ones that have no code and then a listing of the ones with code.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

• Gothic Queen
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • Enchanted By Darkness
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 07:24:43 PM »
Hi Sidherose!!! Yes, Puerto Rico is very proud of our Tainos heritage and African, also lots of Puerto Ricans always refer to Spain as our Mother land(that's what they teach you since you are little). Funny cause the word creole means the same as "criollo" (spanish). See, I was told(school)that creoles are European descended that settle in other country . And Criollo is of pure Spanish descent born in the Americas. That's also where we get our "cocina criolla"(creole kitchen) which is same as "creole cooking", ...I'm getting a headache, lol...

J I will go check, I used to do it with previous Windows but haven't checked with this one...Windows 10. Thanks
-T.W.

• Gothic Queen
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • Enchanted By Darkness
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 07:26:44 PM »
On Win 10 it is under

W > Windows Accessories > Character Map

Some of them don't have an "alt" code so it is a copy and paste technique to use them.

I have a text file of my favorites with all the ones that have no code and then a listing of the ones with code.
got it J!
-T.W.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg