Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

===============

Halloween  and Christmas Gifts Pages have been moved to FreeZone or FRMarket, again thanks to all that came out to play.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

March COTM Winner

It's Alive: Frankenstein: by Mary Shelley - 1818 © M-Callahan

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Album is HERE

MARCH CONTEST

Ches ~ The Claws of Sunsets ~ Fractured Fairytales ~ March 2018 Winners. Details found HERE

NEW!!

April 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Magic and Pets
is your COTM challenge for April. As always, enter until April 30th, 2018

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Author Topic: About time to hurt ...  (Read 711 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
About time to hurt ...
« on: October 19, 2017, 07:28:33 PM »
Something,

I had a couple of problems with the back up not completing, so took it into work so my "smarter then I" person could see what the problem was and well, it took a couple of days but ta-da it got back to normal.

Couple of weird things such as I had found a virus previously, removed it but it still would not back up.

Ran a virus scan at work and it found nothing that time.

Was able to do updates at the shop but not at home :ummm: Not understanding that nonsense one little bit, however the Windows updates are up to date and so is Window Defender.

Still did not back up so on a random whim, I ran another deep scan on the specific folder that all of my content is located in,

and well, well why is it finding another virus and this time in the folder I told it to search. Didn't find it before but no it found one.

How very odd, well removed it and tried again and still no back up. Last random attempt said to heck with using the Windows 7 recovery and back up tool, and went with the pure Window 10 back up utility. Ta-da it completed :thud:

No understanding

Now for the reason I want to :rat-atat:  , brought it home and plugged everything back in and went to turn it on and .... sorry about your luck, we don't want to start up at all.

In other words, no signal at the monitors, just like before, and nothing I have tried works to get them to fire up. It even looks like the indicator light showing the hard drives being accessed by the motherboard does not light up. Worse still I push the reset button and nothing occurs.

:thud:

:rat-atat:

:incoming:
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Ranking poster
  • "Nullius in verba"
Re: About time to hurt ...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 10:04:41 PM »
Is your line voltage correct?
it acts like either the voltage is wrong or maybe the cycle rate is wrong?

did your area have a lot of power line damage?

Also check your batteries of your backups maybe one popped.

First rule of electronics.
start from the plug and work your way back one wire at a time till you find the problem.
Second Rule of Electronics.
Never assume something is good till it is been tested.

Hope this helps.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 10:34:53 PM »
It does,

I am not going to mess with it further tonight though

A few extra details

I have two power supplies on this system one for the graphics card and the other (primary) for everything else.

It worked before I took it to the shop, it worked just fine while at the shop, brought it home and now no image on the monitors.

You can hear everything start up, I hear all the fans, the hard drive are running as I can feel them slightly humming, the graphics card is on and running.

No start up screen on monitor though

USB keyboard and mouse worked before I took it in to the shop and test the batteries in it all good

Opened case and checked all connections were firmly plugged in and nothing had shifted for any reason all good
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Ranking poster
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 11:04:07 PM »
Configuration error in bios might give something like that if something changed like where to send signals for video? O.o can you see the startup screen at all or even get to safe mode to see if default video settings comes up?

Worse case might try pulling one of the video cards and checking if mother board recognizes there has been a change?

But that does not explain the whole sound of the problem as you hear everything working but the monitors do not get the signal.

tried using a different monitor  / card to see if you are getting a signal going to the wrong port? o.O

Offline heddheld

• Blender Devil
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 05:24:03 AM »

you get all the best problems

hope you get it sorted out

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 05:32:44 AM »
you get all the best problems

hope you get it sorted out

I'll share them with you if you like :tearlaugh:

Offline heddheld

• Blender Devil
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 05:47:25 AM »
only if you share the choco ~ jam and drool that gets in my keyboard  :(ROFLMAO:

Online parkdalegardener

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 06:44:13 AM »
Can you hear the beep codes? Listen carefully when the machine is turned on. There should be a series of faint "beep" sounds coming from your main board. There should be 2 short beeps a slight pause and then one more slightly longer beep. If this is not the sequence you hear, what is the sequence? Those beep codes are the main board error codes telling you what is and is not fireing as the BIOS runs.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-troubleshoot-beep-codes-2624889

Offline heddheld

• Blender Devil
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 06:59:49 AM »

remember one of my mobos having a led panel with all the error codes on
that was handy .....but no bleeps  :(ROFLMAO:

Online parkdalegardener

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 07:03:37 AM »
I've had a few with lights over the years, but never one without POST beeps.

I love those beeps. Very useful when building headless systems.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 07:29:23 AM »
Ah yes, I remember the beep codes from way back

So let me see

:ummm: this is not good ... not a peep

... it is on board sound but even plugging my earphones in still not a sound

There is no signal getting from the computer to the monitors so when switching monitors from the default computer to this one did no good. (I know grasping at straws but had to try

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 07:33:08 AM »
The only light I have is next to the reset button which should how activity when on, as it is an indication of hard drive activity ...

have nothing on it nor does pressing the rest button do anything either

So a most ... growl, growl, grumble, grumble .... hardware issue methinks to say the least

Which is what the guy at work thinks too but he is at the Cape today and I am off ... and all my  tools are at work in the company truck, as I still use some of mine while at work, such as my multi-meter :thud:

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 07:38:59 AM »
J, yesterday I had a lot of beep just before to finally enter in the BIOS options. Alas I hadn't count them.
But you can start a lot of time your computer to try to fix, and have no beep during those times.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 07:48:52 AM »
Technically not so very much, one will get at the very least a "power on self test" beep which I have got from every other system I have had in the past.

As mentioned further up, there is a little light the flickers showing hard drive activity on every system I have had, that you can see while it is on, mine does not come on at all nor does trying to use the reset button do anything.

So I am feeling that my problem is a hardware one and it is a bit deeper then the norm, mainly because it was working while I had it at the shop yesterday. Brought it home and "nothing" when trying to use it in my place.

I would like to think it is power related but without my meter I can't tell, although if I had tiny fingers and hands I might be able to get at the graphic card connections on the secondary power supply and unplug them and move them to the main power supply which would tell me if there is a power supply issue.

Online parkdalegardener

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 09:10:34 AM »
Any chance you can swap out the RAM? A bad chip may stop POST. It would appear as an intermittent problem if the chip was failing but not yet dead.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg